I used to listen to the HSS like this....listened to every minute of Art's first show

Discussion in 'Other Shows' started by Dlist, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It was great. Michio Kako is ALWAYS a great guest. And Art actually can have an interesting exchange with him. Art asks intelligent questions, doesn't keep bringing up the Intelligent Creator theory (ala George Snoory), and keeps it moving.

Of course, if he has Ed Dames on, I'm out..can't stand that guy and his 'kill shot' hitting us at every turn.:facepalm:

2. Remley

Remley Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I had Sirius from 2005-2009. At one time, I had four subs going, two for me, and two for friends I gave radios to. I eventually let them all lapse, and last week I took the 6 months for $25 bucks just to be able to hear Art Bell.

The first show with Kaku was quite impressive. I tire of most of Kaku's talk, although I certainly respect his intelligence, most of it is way over my head. This show was great however. You could literally feel Art's enthusiasm and joy to be back behind the microphone, and doing what he was born to do. With only two brief breaks an hour, it was packed with content and make C2C look even more pitiful by comparison.

Steven Greer is painful to listen to, and refuses to take calls, so I can't say much good for that show.
    Reed and Hoagland suck also, but there was some playful and interesting banter going on with Hoagland that C2C insiders and oldtimers could get a kick out of.

I hope he gets more interesting guests and let's all pray "Major Doom" Ed Dames never gets any airtime on the new show.

By the way, I use the Stiletto II and the internet apps. Everyone slams the Stiletto but mine has worked well since '06 with no problems whatsoever! I really like the Sirius app, they have stepped up their game quite a bit since I was a subscriber before.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  3. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    I will check it out. :hat:

4. Remley

Remley Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Did anyone else happen to catch Jay Thomas last week when he using the standard Howard passive aggressive putdown of pretending not to know Art Bell's name? He was mocking the new show coming from "that alien guy" and being his typical smart ass whiny self.

I'm sorry to fall for old stereotypes but geez it seems the tribe really sticks together and they fucking can't stand to see outsiders succeed and always have to mock and minimize other's successes.

Very tacky and shitty move by Jay. Classless, just like Howard.

5. Dlist

Reputations:
    I did not catch that (I don't listen to Jay) but I believe it. Art was/is a true pioneer.

6. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Jay just has a bup up his ass because he never made it as big in radio as he thinks he deserved to. He's said I don't know how many times that he never really tried at radio and just blew it off while doing coke and getting laid all the time (kind of a subtle dig at Stern I think, basically saying he COULD have had his career if he wanted to). Probably Art is getting more money from SXM than Jay is or something like that, it's just how Jay is.

7. Dlist

Reputations:
    Art said they came to him and said "name your price"... would love to know what Art is making!

8. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;OgI-mmpaSZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgI-mmpaSZM[/video]

9. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Jay Thomas (real name Jon Thomas Terrell) is Roman Catholic and Half Italian who was raised by a southern Racist who's family own Negro Slaves. :coffee:

[video=youtube;Oyj0NaQ37d8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyj0NaQ37d8[/video]

NOT A JEW

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  10. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lol that crazy jew Jay Thomas? lol you antisemetic piece of shit. And like someone else mentioned, he's not even Jewish.

11. Remley

Remley Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Mea culpa. I made an ASSumption due to the Howard-Buchwald-Shuli-Ira vortex. My apologies for being uninformed.

12. Remley

Remley Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You're right. I made a faulty ASSumption based on some things I've heard Jay say. I rarely listen to him so I should have researched a tiny bit before typing. I'll own it.

Shoot me for thinking that a lot of Jewish people display an arrogant attitude of superiority over non Jews and exert a disproportionate amount of influence in the entertainment industry and are biased in their overwhelming blind support of everything Israel does. I never felt that way before listening to Howard's biased rants and seeing more evidence of the same attitude elsewhere.

Anti-semetic? No. Sick of Americans putting Israel's interests ahead of the USA's? Yep.

13. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    jay was just goofing around. art even addressed it on the air and said he thought it was very funny especially the end of the bit where jay admitted it was so easy to get calls when you bring up aliens.

art is a smart guy and has done radio for a long time and failed with a variety of other talk show formats. i think he knows what he is doing in terms of radio. There is no way a guy who is smart as art bell appears to be believes 80% of the shit he puts on the air. Both guys were dancing around the subject of what makes good radio. Art is a brilliant guy he found a formula that works and has milked it for many years. I think jay was just having some fun with that and in the end he learned a lession...aliens=ratings

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  14. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    I agree with you, but I still think Jay is truly jealous of Art on some level. I love Jay, that's just the way the guy is. I imagine Jay thinking to himself " I WAS ON A SITCOM WITH A GODDAMN ALIEN, I COULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT! THEY'RE PAYING HIM HOW MUCH!?".

15. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    we have to agree to disagree. i dont think jay is really jealous of anyone. i doubt they made much different in terms of money. If Art owned his show he would have made a lot more but I do not think he did. Maybe after the renogitation (name your price) thing he talked about.

Jay was the morning man in big time FM stations in LA and NY for many years. Almost anyone in radio would consider this pretty much the pinnacle of broadcasting short of actually being howard stern. I think if you asked jay he would not consider someone who talks to wackos and lunatics( people like JC for example) in the middle of the night on AM radio to be his definition of success. I'm a regular caller to jay, if i remember ill ask him next time he's on live what he thinks abpout it.

I think Jay has a legit jealousy of stern, and I think that really he is the more talented guy. When you strip away all the gimmicks stern is who he is on the air now, a cranky queen who is trapped continuously reliving his childhood traumas. There is nothing particularly funny or interesting about Stern. Jay is a guy who is extremely funny, he lives an enjoyable lifestyle jetting around doing manly type of stuff, meeting interesting people and having fun. In general he is just a more interesting dude who lives a more interesting life. He is naturally funny and a far better personality/story teller.

Jay could never have been stern though, despite his jealousy. He has admitted what he wants to do is go on the air and have fun and goof around. He does what interests him and what he finds funny. This is why you get shit like having Kevin Meany and Shuli on the air all the time. Jay has no real sense or care about what the audience is interested in, and seemingly no desire to find out.

Stern on the other had derives no enjoyment out of doing his show. He looks at it like war. He is only interested in being #1 and destroying all the other shows. He does the show to amuse the audience and less about amusing himself. Because of his "radio is war" attitude to his job he will resort to any tactic to be #1, stealing from other hosts, lying, exploiting, self promotion, insinuating libel,etc.. when you strip away all of his gimmicks, he is not actually funny or charming at all. His talent was in a near laser-like focus in figuring out what the audience wanted to hear. I dont think this is the kind of show JAy would ever be willing to do.

16. TelegramSam

Reputations:

For what it's worth, Art did own part of C2C (along with Premier) and entirely owned his own station (95.1 in Pahrump), and at one point claimed 15 million listeners and 460 affiliates. I'm not attacking Jay, but Art will go down as the #1 all time overnight talk radio host, it's just not comparable. To compare, Stern aired at his peak in 60 markets, to 20 million listeners. So Art could fairly call himself Stern's rival I think, I don't know that Jay really can be put in that class.