I was thinking about getting the xmp3i

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Feb 21, 2012.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    And cancel my online streaming. Anyone have one?

[​IMG]

2. ZeroZed

ZeroZed New Member

Reputations:
    No, but I can hook you up with some online streaming.

3. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Nope, but do you really want to carry around a radio and a phone? No one is carrying around multiple devices anymore. That's why SiriusXM isn't exactly racing new radios to market. Streaming is where the market is while radios are where the market was.

4. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Late 80's into the 90's all i did was wear a Walkman on my head while i worked....Now i have a ringing in the ears 24/7

5. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Here is the problem using a phone, half the time the stream stalls. All the networks are overloaded. Has anyone been able to listen to Sirius using an Iphone in Central Park or even walking aroung the Upper East Side or West Side. I can tell you that AT&T is crap. Only reason I haven't tried Verizon is I'm grandfathered in with unlimited data. If you are on a data plan I can tell you that you will go through the limits like shit through a goose if you listen to Sirius all day. You can use Wifi if you happen to be at a Starbucks or a location that offers Wifi. That won't help when you are walking. When I was at the Consumer Electronics Show I was asking one of the reps about xmp3i. The big advantage is that XM uses ground repeaters. You should be able to get a strong signal anywhere outside. Sirius plan is to switch over to XM in the coming years. XM is the better technology. I routinely drive around and Sirius will cut off for a couple of seconds. Because of satellite positioning the East Coast suffers. Sirius is obligated to serve their existing customers for several more years but the switch to XM is coming. They will not be making anymore Sirius portable radios only XM. I will wait for 2.0 portable where you can go back 5 hours. Here is the glitch on the phone. If you use the buffer to start the show or any program from a couple hour earlier and lose the stream for any reason your screwed. To find the spot you left off you have start the show and use that crummy fast forward feature which barely works.

6. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Geez, guys, just download the MP3s! Podcasts, music, whatever. Why be dependent on a "stream" under ANY circumstances? It's not reliable, even at home or work on broadband, let alone roaming on a tiny portable through a large region.

7. VAsiCkBoy

VAsiCkBoy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm getting ready to change my subscription to music only.

8. skytzoboy

skytzoboy not a fuck to give

Reputations:
    Maybe people still want to hear shit live (emphasis on shit), don't want to fill up the space on their devices with mp3 files or deal with the hassle of finding and downloading the shit in the first place.

9. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Yeah I guess. I confess I haven't found a great way to do it, partly because I avoid Apple stuff. I just grab the http links to content I'm interested in and download them directly on a PDA/smart phone/whatever.

The only real hassle is finding the right links, since some places decide to archive or paywall newer (or in some cases older) episodes.

Anyhoo, I know nothing about that receiver, so I'll back outa here.

10. Hstreet13

Hstreet13 Member

Reputations:
    Dawg,

I have the Xm3pi. It's a piece of garbage. I have went through 4 of them in about 2 years. Signal sometimes sucks and the wheel is super brittle. You can't erase the "auto recordings" sometimes. Its smaller and has a better battery life than the old stiletto, but overall the product is not much better.

11. Handsome Fish

Handsome Fish New Member

Reputations:
    newsgroups