I will be crossing the picket lines of as many fast food restaurants as I can today

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Phan Neepack, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Phan Neepack

Phan Neepack Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ... In solidarity of my anti-union brethren, restaurant owners.

I may vomit several times from over eating, and have explosive diarrhea for much of the evening... but, I feel this is a small price to pay to help keep the unskilled, blue-collar work force within its rightful compensation structure

please join me today

Fast-food workers protest for higher wages

Fast-food workers, union organizers and community supporters are expected to protest nationwide for higher pay Thursday as the restaurant industry criticizes the campaign as “part of an ongoing effort to replace fact with fiction while ignoring simple truths.â€At 6 a.m. at a McDonald's in Florence, as the sky began to lighten and surrounding neighborhoods slumbered, more than 100 people gathered with signs and megaphones.
    Swaddled against the chill in beanies and hoodies, they crowded the sidewalk bordering the eatery as employees inside prepped for customers.

“Keep your burgers, keep your fries, we demand to be one of the worthless 'unionized',†they chanted continuously, as passing cars honked in rhythm.

“Better Pay, Better LA,†one poster read.

The protest -- another is planned near Hollywood at noon -- is the latest in a string of activist efforts to boost the minimum wage to $15 an hour.
    Before and during the Black Friday shopping bonanza last week, Wal-Mart workers and their sympathizers protested with similar demands.
    On Thursday and in rallies earlier this year, protestors also called for the right to unionize and the ability to strike without retaliation from employers.
    Several workers at the Florence event said they were earning $8 an hour. But in a statement, the National Council of Chain Restaurants disagreed.
    “It is a well studied and accepted fact that beyond teenagers and some part-timers, the vast majority of restaurant workers make more than the starting wage,†said Rob Green, the group's executive director......

http://www.latimes.com/business/mon...otests-20131205,0,3749464.story#ixzz2mcaT9Mqq

2. h5htyt76757j

h5htyt76757j Chyea Chyea Banned User

Reputations:
    swell! good for you! good luck!

3. TripTo My Taint

TripTo My Taint Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hope you die.

4. TripTo My Taint

TripTo My Taint Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's up to y'all to figure out who I'm talking to.

5. Phan Neepack

Reputations:
    nobody cares enough about you to bother

6. Tommy

Tommy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Go down to the ghetto and cross the picket line, not the Chick Fil A in Quaker town. let's see if you are all talk (my guess) or find some balls in your scrotum to back your shit up.

7. Phan Neepack

Reputations:

Your analogy is completely retarded ... I stay clear of the zoo (oops, I mean ghetto) every day of the year... Why would I put my life in danger by going down there today???

thats like challenging an NRA member to play Russian Roulette, if he "loves his guns so much" ... Deeeerp

8. fletchman71

fletchman71 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    $15 bucks an hour they want to flip burgers and man the fry station.:backlol:

9. DeltaRat

DeltaRat Member

Reputations:

Tommy would be so lucky to get that wage per hour ....... and then all the swag he can steal out every day down his pant's/ under his arm pit's to take home and cook.

But the big question is why ?? He has no need to work when the Govt. and our monies are taking car of him for 2+ years now.

In about 4-5 more years- He can apply for permanent SSDI - get a handicap license plate for his scooter - and get preferential treatment @ Wal-Mart.

Tommy Win's Again- and the WORKING Class of America looses more to another Obese Fat Lazy Uneducated Bastard.

10. Phan Neepack

Reputations:

Who is this Tommy person?

11. Danas Boyfrien

Danas Boyfrien Trump's African American Gold

Reputations:
    This did not work out well for the fast food workers. :hhh:

BTW, I had lunch at Wendy's. The underpaid mexicans did an awesome job on my sammich. :yes:

12. artiesoffspring

artiesoffspring Hugs and kisses

Reputations:
    Those idiots don't realize they get paid $0 an hour to stand outside and bitch?