I Wonder If This Woman Enjoyed Howard's "Boston Bombing or Black Friday" Game

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Nov 11, 2014.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/...vor-breaks-up-with-severely-injured-left-leg/

It’s not you, it’s me.”

That’s the sentiment a Boston Marathon survivor feels for her left leg, which she has decided to amputate after undergoing 17 surgeries, MyFoxBoston.com reported.

According to the Boston Globe, doctors presented other treatments, but Rebekah Dimartino, of Texas, opted for the amputation as a way to help put the bombing behind her. The 27-year-old mother was a spectator at the 2013 Boston Marathon when one of the two bombs went off about 10 feet away from her and severely injured her leg.

Dimartino says amputation isn’t a last resort, but instead a new beginning. She is taking on this next challenge with humor and hope.

On Sunday, she posted a break-up letter on Facebook that included a picture of her leg with the words "It's not you, it's me" written across it. Rebekah wrote that she's disappointed that the efforts to save her leg failed, but that she's relieved and excited to finally start the process of a full recovery.

According to Dimartino’s Facebook page, the procedure went well and she is on the mend. Doctors at a hospital near Houston, where Dimartino lives with her son and new husband, performed the surgery. The two married just before the one-year anniversary of the marathon bombing.

"I want everyone to know this is not a sad thing," Dimartino wrote to FOX 25. "This is a new beginning for my family and I.”

Dimartino said that she didn't spend the weekend mourning the loss of her leg, but instead spent it celebrating all of the things that she'll be able to do when she gets her new prosthetic leg, which she calls "Rebekah Unleashed." Dimartino added that she has such a different appreciation for her legs and for life— and that she's ready to take on the world.

"The last 18 months have been full of pain and limitations,” she said, "but it has also been a time where through my lengthy recovery, I have been able to encourage others through my obstacles. “

"That's the best part, and what we are put on this earth to do: Help each other through this crazy, messy, beautiful life," Dimartino added.

She said she will continue to be Boston Strong.

Nemo, blindbella and smichal like this.
  2. jokeland

jokeland Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    running a marathon is a vanity project for everyone but about 10 people

Big Lar and smichal like this.
  3. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    The segment from MarksFriggin:

Black Friday Or Terrorist Game. 11/11/14. 6:30am
    Howard took a call from a guy named Carlos. He said he can try to win some money. Howard said he has a game to play with him. Howard said that he has $500 and a Panasonic shaver to give away. Howard said that he is trying to decide which game to play. He said he had a few. Howard named a Beetlejuice game and some others. Howard said that he has a Black Friday or terrorist game to play. Robin said she wants to hear that one. Howard said that's what they'll do.
    Howard said it's time for Black Friday or Terrorist. Howard said this game is a sound game where he plays a clip and the person has to guess if it's a sound from Black Friday or a terrorist attack. Howard said it's the caller's job to figure out which one it is. Howard asked if Carlos wanted a practice one. Carlos said sure. Howard played a clip of a crowd making noise and someone saying ''stay with me...'' Carlos said it was Black Friday. Howard said he's wrong. He said this was a terrorist attack. Howard asked Gary which attack this was. Gary said he doesn't but he'll talk to the guys. Gary said it was the Boston Bombing. Robin said she doesn't like this game.

Howard said that it's time to really play. He said Carlos has to get 2 out of 3 right. Howard played the next clip which was people screaming and a guy saying ''Whoa!'' Howard asked Carlos if that's Black Friday or a terrorist attack. Carlos said Black Friday and he was right.

Howard played the next clip which was the sound of people screaming again. Howard asked if it was Black Friday or a terrorist attack. Carlos said it was Black Friday. Howard asked if he's sure. Carlos said yes. Howard said he just won $500. Howard said that was Black Friday.

Howard said he's going to enjoy that Panasonic shaver. Robin said there's not much difference between the two. Howard played another couple of clips and said she's right. Black Friday sounded more dangerous in those clips.

Carlos asked Howard to replay the Juicy Brown Tits song parody again. Howard said he has to go to commercial anyway so he had Gary put it back up so he could play it. Howard put Carlos on hold so he could get his prize. Howard said he didn't see the song up yet. Howard asked if anyone had ''Juicy Brown Tits.'' Robin said she does. Howard said he knows. He finally got the song parody and played it as they were going to break.

Nemo and smichal like this.
  4. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Wonder if she'll change her name to Peg? :dontknow:

Shortwave98 likes this.
  5. SomerSky

SomerSky Obsessed with what I hate Banned User

Reputations:
    it was rude, and I was even a little uncomfortable with that stupid fucking game, prolly Sal's idea....

smichal likes this.
  6. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    So, do you want him to be PC or not?

Droog likes this.
  7. CooksRome

CooksRome Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So you complain that the show has become too PC and they do something somewhat edgy and now it's too much?

[​IMG]

Big Lar likes this.
  8. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:

And I bet that post cancer surviving blob in the dunker cackled away at the game.

9. blindbella

blindbella Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was never okay with that stuff. Ever.

10. shrinkage

shrinkage Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Eileen

Mr Fantastic likes this.
  11. greenchiclets

greenchiclets Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Somehow it's more disgusting that Howard went pc, then goes and does this game. Terrorism isn't funny, never was. Like he tried to revert back to his old self and failed.

AuntDolly, BethSucks and blindbella like this.
  12. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Have to agree with this point. On one hand being mad about him being PC and on the other railing against him when he isn't. I think we're now looking for any reason to dislike him b

Big Lar likes this.
  13. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I see your point. But to me it's the hipocrisy of him that is more unbecoming. Willing to joke about this but won't use the words fag, retard, or midget out of fear of offending. Won't have Gilbert in because he might say something shocking. So much for uncensored Howard. More censored than he ever was.

14. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    If another radio played this game and came under fire the wigged fraud would join the mob attacking the radio show.
    Howard is about his free speech not others.

15. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    a dumb fucking statement....as usual.

16. SomerSky

SomerSky Obsessed with what I hate Banned User

Reputations:
    guess you had to be there this morning, it was bad taste, no matter who the DJ is......

BethSucks and blindbella like this.
  17. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    This is the point.
    Hypocrite Howard

PelicanWig, BethSucks and blindbella like this.
  18. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    are you guys really whining about terrorism jokes?

who cares?

19. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    it's about hypocrite Howard.
    it is not about the shitty insensitive game.

20. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Are the screams from a guy that just had his legs blown off or a guy trying to get the last 60 inch TV.
    :facepalm:

BethSucks, blindbella and Benjamen like this.