If another of the 'underlings' wrote a book...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Zee, Jul 11, 2013.

?

Whose book would you buy?

1. Fred (Not really an underling, but meh.)

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Benjy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ralph

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. Sal

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  5. Richard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Ronnie

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. Scott the Engineer

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. JD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. John Lieberman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other - (Post who!)

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Zee

Zee Member

Reputations:
    ...and you HAD to buy one, whose book would you buy?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  2. Roberticus

Roberticus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Probably Frodo's.

3. Beer Chugger

Beer Chugger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't think any of them have a story worth reading, unless it was "tell all" in nature. Ralph, Jackie, Artie, Fred or Gary would be the best choices for that.

4. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Robin is getting more and more resentful every day. She may be the best candidate to write it. She has been calling him out on the air lately.

5. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    As much as I loathe her, if upon her deathbed, she released a tell-all about the show, I would be the first buyer. It would be chock-full of retarded quotes and affirmations.

6. Zee

Zee Member

Reputations:
    Sorry took a bit making the poll. Never made one on this site before.

I myself would probably buy Sal's book. To read about his sick history and borderline-criminal activities and perversions and obsession with Howard. Jon Lieberman's would probably be interesting since he's a news guy and is into everyone's business. -I think I remember hearing Steve Langford often had some crazy news stories that were turned down never made it on the air and made him resent Howard. (They were probably about the staff, though.)

But Robin already written a book before, didn't she? But yeah I understand if it was a tell-all I'd get it. Howard would probably stop it before it came out though.

7. Pigsaw

Pigsaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You can forget about Gary, he's a true believer. He's in the bunker with his boff. Howard has completely broken him. My bet would be Jason. He was always honest of what was happening behind the scenes on Back Office Radio. It got him and the show into trouble. If he wrote a book, I'd buy it knowing it has the best chance of being the most accurate version of what really goes on over there. He has no loyalty to anyone!

8. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Huh? Maybe you're mistaking this place for SFN or you just "dont get the Dawgs". Despite the Sal persona that Howard and Gary+Pedophile Hein try to paint him with, in actuality he's probably the most normal person on that staff. Wondering about Sal is like getting a Liberaci, Howard Hughes, Michael Jackson or George Michael book to find out what dry cleaner they went to. No.

The real juice is in Howard and Robin's neurotic breakdowns, mandates to the staff about off-limits topics on air or off, everyone being told to lie about seeing Robin at the xmas party and AGT, Robin doing the show from her bed with a colostomy while McClure runs the equipment, the creepy way Tim was fired and a COO Marci Turk was fired which wasn't allowed to be talked about, the creepy way firings in general are handled which is everyone to act like they never existed, the decaying state of morale, the real reason all the 101 shows were killed after losing the lawsuit, and of course the contents of Toni's mysterious bag which is speculated to be a "gun rack" of fucking wigs for the Gork. And that's just what we demand of chapter 1.

9. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    The one who wrote a bitter tell-all about Pelican would get my money.

10. Zee

Zee Member

Reputations:
    Sorry I edited my quote a bit. I understand the real juice is with Howard and Robin, etc. But this is just a question about the underlings. Seeing as how Lisa G came out with a book, I'm just wondering if another one of the staff came out with a book which would people buy. Other staff member book would probably be more interesting than Lisa's book... I hope.

edit: Sorry I keep editing my posts to have them make more sense.. but am failing. Meh.

11. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Trust me, Howard spending three shows in a row a few weeks back talking with one gay guest after the next about "nice, thick, girthy cocks" for hours creeps me out far more than anything that's ever come out of Sal's mouth. Plenty of others agree.

This guy is the Robert Reed of radio

12. jimbronie

jimbronie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Kc. Has been out of things for a while but I am sure he has some great stories and he is crazy enough to write one if he really ever fell on hard times.

13. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I'm still undecided on Langford. I'm quite certain he never bought into the Faux News Dept that Howard envisioned. Langford was a real reporter in his mind and as such he could never spoof his profession. I'm sure he was livid over his daughter being called out for using Takai as a school project, but that alone wouldn't be enough to quit over. My best theory is he wanted to run with exposing the corrupt prison system that allowed KKK to die in custody. Howard wanted nothing to do with it due to the nature of the charges and shut him down. I think that was the last straw. Steve has 20 years to work in the business, he can't write a tell all yet and hope to work again. He really doesn't have shit to say either. The sirius years are the least interesting ones to me.

14. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm not interested in anyone's book unless it's a tell-all. Let's keep it real up in the field, aiiight?

15. Bethstampon

Bethstampon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Sal is the most vicious but Will (seething anger) and Jason (yenta blabbermouth gossip) probably know more than Babasleepy about the real deal.

16. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Sal but Jason Kaplan would probably be good because he doesn't care and loves to spread shit.

17. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I would only buy one if it was a "tell all" book. Not interested in anyone's life story.

18. TaTa Toothy

TaTa Toothy New Member

Reputations:
    What I would like to see happen one day is an outside author do a thorough behind-the-scenes story of the Stern Show. He would of course interview all of the above and weed out the juicy off the air stories and save us from reading all their self serving twaddle.

19. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    Agreed. I could care less who writes it (or provides the dirt), just that the NDAs are worked around, and the "tell all" gets written.

I'd really like to see that curtain pulled back on Howard like the Wigard of Oz!

There has got to be at least one entire chapter devoted to the real truth about the wig.