If everyone had Howard's work ethic

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beth143nacho, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Let's play a game.

Think of a job, situation, person, etc in everyday life and describe how it would be if you applied Howards work ethics to it.

For example:

What would a toll booth look like if they worked as hard as howie?

What would a school janitor look like if Beth was filling the role?

You don't necessarily. We'd to apply Howard to the role. Use anyone from the stern universe.

2. STR

STR New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    we'd all be black

3. urbanshocker

urbanshocker New Member

Reputations:
    We'd being living in Greece

4. Popeye Saavedra

Popeye Saavedra Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's true that Howard doesn't work very hard now because he doesn't have to, but realistically he should be retired already. He worked damn hard to build his career. Seems a little ironic that people here would goof on how little Howard works.

5. Ronniecheated

Ronniecheated Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think Rush Limbaugh does five days. I know Leno does.

6. jon1972us

jon1972us Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't think people would have an issue if he was on free radio but now he is on a pay service. So he should be working as hard as he can to please his paying customers. Just my thought

7. STR

STR New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    exactly

8. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    its not a quantity issue anymore its a quality issue. I could give a flying fuck if he worked two hrs a week as long as it was funny as fuck. Nowadays not so much. no fun no funny :bigcry:

9. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits VIP

Reputations:
    hahaha damn, you knocked right out of the park on the first at bat of the game!

10. Cygnus X1

Cygnus X1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    LARRY KING
    nuff said

11. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I don't give Howard a pass. He chooses to put zero effort into a show which he gets paid a billion dollars to produce. He couldve chosen to retire. While I agree that he used to put in a days work, he's nothing more than a rip off artist/ con man today. I have more respect for his advertisers than I do for him.

12. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Exactly... no one is even asking for the promised additional programming.. make the one show... three days a week..marginally better.

Now he rolls outta bed and into the show... he honestly buys that he is interesting enough to just wing it.

13. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes, and to me it's really just a matter of simply bringing in a comic or a rotating comic ala the revolving Jackie Chair era to inject FUNNY into those dead spots of which there are many to shut us up a bit or at least band-aid the fan backlash bleeding. But Howard literally refuses to and thinks that someone as UNfunny as shit-stain Benjy writing for him somehow is enough. And for this be very offended and feel very ripped off and angry.

How much would it REALLY to take to have Adam Carolla one week, Dave Attell the next week, Colin Quinn the next, Nick Dipaolo the next, DL Hughley the next, etc etc??? I don't think I was ever happier than when Adam Carolla was sitting in for entire shows.

Obviously the show has other flaws now and utter lazy habits with unappealing creepy staffers but a good comic holding the fort down would the first thing I would address.

14. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I did some business in Italy a few years back and they had Howard's work ethics. Everyone took two hour lunches and they had a large chunk of the summer off. They probably had 30 hour work weeks and 10 weeks of vacation. I know that is a grueling schedule by Howard's standards, but a lot easier than the average American.

15. cheezedbyfate

cheezedbyfate Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    if al gore had howies werk ethic we wouldnt have an internets to bitch on right now....

16. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In the last 5 years the comparison that kept popping in my head for Howard in an other area of life was Shaquille O'Neal. In Shaq's last 6 or 7 seasons he would do ANYTHING to miss a game or fake an injury in the regular season (if not playoffs). Out of 82 games he would avg like 40 games a season in those seasons, and 80% of the time you never knew what was wrong with him. And even when he played the production was way down, he would mail it in just enough to get by and hope he could wiggle out of a contract and latch on to the next likely bandwagon contender.

BUT with all that Shaq would STIL maintain the same delusional entitlement Howard has now.

17. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  18. Jake Dog

Jake Dog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    You should have ended this post with " he should have retired already" and I would have agreed