If Howard and Beth were so close to Jimmy and Molly....

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Ruffypup, May 13, 2013.

1. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    and wanted to be intimate they would have just hung out in their apartment and drank wine while cooking fishballs and spaghetti. :dontknow:

2. markluke

markluke Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes, but then she-who-doesn't-want-to-be-famous wouldn't be let out of her stall to be seen.

3. Thelma

Thelma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard wanted Jimmy & Molly to have a "beautiful New York experience" (with possible "beautiful soup" involvement). Howard considers Daniel to be the best restaurant in NYC. He said Daniel was where Robin ordered the $800 bottle of wine.

So during dinner, Howard said to the waiter, "Look we're not looking to break the bank here on wine."

When the waiter pointed to a $250 bottle of wine, Howard said he thought that was even too much but he felt it was expected because the waiter knew he was in "show business."

- I would have wanted to pour that $250 bottle of wine over Howard's wig.

4. Halloween

Halloween Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard doesn't "get" hanging out. That's why he has no friends, but still thought he would be Jimmy's best man. He's an odd bird.

5. markluke

markluke Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard admitted that he has no wine palate and can't tell the difference between a cheap wine and an expensive one. Having been lucky enough a couple of times to actually get a glass from an $800+ bottle, I can say that there is a DEFINITE difference between a $800 bottle and an $80 bottle, just like there's a difference between an $80 and an $8 bottle. I just can't afford anything but the $8 bottle though... :(