If Howard had been honest about his hours with Sirius contract....

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by DearLawd, Jul 26, 2012.

1. DearLawd

DearLawd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If when Howard went to Sirius he said up front something like "I'm moving to Satellite radio where I'll be gradually reducing my schedule to take a minute to stop and smell the roses type of thing", and this was said BEFORE equipment/subscriptions were purchased, would there still be so much vitriol?

2. Butcher

Butcher ?

Reputations:
    No

/thread

3. ClumpyStern

ClumpyStern HSS-clean since Dec 2011 VIP

Reputations:
    That would have worked and he'd still have most of his former fans not realizing he's a shitbag. Funny how Mr. "Most Honest Guy You'll Ever Meet" never seems to even consider just being honest about anything anymore...it's apparently not even on the table. In retrospect, he's always been a hypocritical dishonest shithead, but just not a shithead for the reasons all the conservative idiots thought he was a shithead. Most of his fans rallied to support him because they disagreed with the censorship thing. We just used to like him because he was brutally honest, talked like us, and didn't suck Hollywood dick. By becoming the exact opposite of his former self and more and more dishonest and hypocritical since coming to Sirius, he's lost most of his long-time fans and now he's replacing them by converting a few of the very crowd that used to want him censored into AGT/HS fans. Nice going.

4. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    It would have been less at first but hes done so many other shitty things, told lies, sold out, and revised his actual history so much by now he would probably still be where he is in the eyes of the fans.

5. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yea I have to agree with the other.. it would have not been as bad .. but he is such a lying peace of shit now that it would have made little difference

6. Obi Drunkenobe

Obi Drunkenobe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    If he actually put effort into doing a good show the small amount of time that he is there it wouldn't be as bad. Stern let it slip a while back he doesn't even attend the tuesday meetings for new ideas, he lets Gary handle it :facepalm:.

7. KINGjoe

KINGjoe New Member

Reputations:
    he had to lie to make sure he got the shills (us) to sign up and get all the extras like boomboxes, extra subs for the wife's car and all that stuff, once he had us in the bowl then the micro phallus came out and the pissing started....I spent a lot of dollars over the first contract like a dumbass, so glad shang showed me the legal and free way to get all the channels.....that piece of shit fucked us all and I would never believe him or spend another dime on anything he is hocking ever again....

8. Bababaloney

Bababaloney Fudge Packer Banned User

Reputations:
    Absolutely, there would have been just as much anger as there is now with some of these people because it's what they do.
    Let's say Stern had stated he was going to reduce his schedule and actually released a schedule for each upcoming year. No doubt these guys would have been publishing it all over the place and whining about the fewer days.

However, Stern didn't do himself any favors by being less than forthcoming when he moved to Sirius.
    By the time the second contract came and he was more open about the schedule, there were far too many angry people for it to matter.

I'm in for the duration with Stern as I've been a fan since WNBC.
    However, I don't listen nearly as much as I used to until vacation weeks. I still love the old stuff when Howard was on the top of his game.

9. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

10. ClumpyStern

ClumpyStern HSS-clean since Dec 2011 VIP

Reputations:
    Listen, Cockbreath: If he'd have just announced that he'd be renewing his contract but he considered himself to be semi-retired so he'd only be working a few days a week, most of us who now consider him an asshole strictly for the way he's handled every fucking thing since coming to Sirius would have defended him against critics who don't understand that he has a right to work as little as he wants at this point in his career. Same goes for admitting to the bowling alley and taking his lumps for it on the air.

Case in point, I wasn't even a BTLS listener but I thought it was a sleazy, insulting, douche move the way they tried to slip that terrestrial replay shit in as though anybody who was disappointed was crazy. In any case, once you come out and tell people they should cancel and that you piss on them, many of your fans are going to come to the realization that you're an asshole, and that includes all of your fans who happen to agree 100% with the specific legitimate point of criticism voiced by the fan who prompted you to say that you piss on your fans. Same goes for "some Fridays," "a few commercials so we can just take a piss," and "flexible schedule." Fuck him for being a lying douche and fuck you on general principle.

Not that I expect an answer, and notwithstanding your unquestioned "right" to post here, what is it that motivates you to post on a forum created expressly for the former fans who left or got booted from SFN to whom you referred as "haters" after endlessly challenging them with the question of why they'd visit a "fan site" and ruin it for the "real" fags...I mean fans, such as yourself? You lobbied to get rid of all of us and we left. Since then, you've followed all of us ex-fans from one new forum to another. Forget about how SFsN got taken down or who was responsible. What the fuck could possibly motivate you to waste your time registering and posting on SFsN first and then on here just because you have the right to?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  11. Wangold

Wangold Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube_share;jlIMmuMQozc]http://youtu.be/jlIMmuMQozc[/video]

12. DearLawd

DearLawd Well-Known Member

Reputations:

SO agree with you about BTLS....wish I could rep u again...but apparently, I hv to spread it around.

....and silly me....was fooled TWICE; when he said flexible schedule for second contract, I thought he may start working afternoons...didn't even occur to me that there could POSSIBLY be less shows....so like a supreme dolt; I bought new radios and renewed subscription.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  13. jackieavenger

jackieavenger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Bababaloney u got

:owned::owned::owned::owned::owned:

14. Scarlett Ohara

Scarlett Ohara VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I would love forus to start a lawsuit over his bs. It would be worth it just to hear his reaction. I gave my all. The hardest, most honest guy in show business etc....

15. Joey HIV

Joey HIV Member

Reputations:
    News flash Howard did it for the money he needed subs and that is how he got them.

16. baby booie

baby booie Active Member

Reputations:
    if sirius paid what Howard wanted, he would work 7 days a week, they just don't have the money, nobody does