Politics If Melania Trump Plagiarized Her Speech- She Joins The Ranks Of Both Obamas, Biden & Hillary

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by OV, Jul 20, 2016.

1. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Trump’s wife joins Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and Joe Biden as accused plagiarists. Even Michelle Obama was accused of plagiarizing part of her own 2008 DNC speech.

Michelle Obama: “…the world as it should be.” In 2008, the aspiring First Lady was accused by bloggers of lifting lines for her DNC speech from Saul Alinsky. Alinsky wrote, in Rules for Radicals (emphasis added): “The standards of judgment must be rooted in the whys and wherefores of life as it is lived, the world as it is, not our wished-for fantasy of the world as it should be.” Michelle Obama said: “And Barack stood up that day, and he spoke words that have stayed with me ever since. He talked about ‘the world as it is‘ and ‘the world as it should be.’” (Perhaps Mr. Obama who left out the attribution.)

Frankly, any potential First Lady or leader of our country lifting words from radical Saul Alinsky should’ve caused some serious alarms.

And, of course, it wasn’t just the current First Lady, but the President of the United States, the Vice President and the woman the Democrats have anointed as the next president.

Barack Obama: “Don’t tell me words don’t matter.” As then-Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) surpassed Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primary, largely on the strength of his oratory, Clinton said that Obama’s record was “just words.” Obama responded in a speech whose refrain was lifted from then-Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick. The Obama campaign did not even bother to refute the claim. Instead, it circulated examples of lines that it said Clinton herself had borrowed from Obama. The left media defended Obama, saying that he had not committed plagiarism, but merely, at worst, “poor footnoting.”

Hillary Clinton: “No bank can be too big to fail, no executive too powerful to jail.” After the Obama campaign accused Clinton of stealing lines in 2008 — a claim supplemented by The New Republic, which accused her of stealing lines from then-Sen. John Edwards (D-NC) — she ought to have learned her lesson. But in 2016, she stole linesfrom Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), who responded by telling NBC News’ Meet the Press, jokingly: “We’re looking into the copyright issues here.” Clinton was accused of lifting other lines, too — and Sanders supporters responded on Twitter with the wry hashtag: #StealtheBern.

Joe Biden: “My ancestors who worked in the coal mines…”. Biden was found to have borrowed heavily from the oratory — and the biography — of British Labour Party leader Neal Kinnock, without attribution. In addition, it was discovered he had committed plagiarism while in law school. The scandal helped bring down Biden’s presidential campaign in 1988 — though Biden’s angry outburst at a reporter — “I think I probably have a much higher IQ than you do, I suspect” — didn’t help, either.

Judging from the ultimate fates of Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden, you’d almost think accusations of plagiarism was a badge of honor, a feather in one’s cap, for a Democrat. Not to mention out-and-out lying… as Hillary Clinton is demonstrating.

http://www.allenbwest.com/michellej...obama-was-caught-plagiarizing-dnc-speech-from

2. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    :owned:

EmilysBush likes this.
  3. knuckle_hedd

knuckle_hedd loving life!

Reputations:
    Doesn't make it right..

4. YinzerMasshole

YinzerMasshole VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I would've thought the best way to put this issue to bed is if the Trump campaign released a two word statement:

"Thanks, Obama."

Doesn't Donald prattle on all the time about how he likes winners? Well, she used a winner's speech.

5. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    it was a great speech

-Trump

Captain and Bababoey31 like this.
  6. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
  7. gridlockd

gridlockd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Seems like those guys literally borrowed a line as opposed to plagiarized two paragraphs verbatim.

8. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    Donald Trump introduces his wife, Melania, during the Republican National Convention in Cleveland. (Photo: Carolyn Kaster/AP)
    CLEVELAND — News that a portion of Melania Trump’s Republican convention opening night speech appeared to be plagiarized from Michelle Obama’s 2008 Democratic convention address threw the two women into vivid contrast Tuesday and led to fresh questions about Trump’s claims about her education.

Though Trump says on her website that she obtained a degree in design and architecture from a university in Slovenia, her biographers have made clear that she left college after her first year to pursue a career as a model.

Not finishing — or even attending — college is a first lady background that’s been more common in Republican administrations over the past 75 years, perhaps reflecting the greater gender traditionalism on the GOP side of the aisle.

Obama, for her part, is a graduate of Harvard Law School. And while her educational background is unusual in American first lady history, having earned a graduate degree is something Obama shares with Hillary Clinton, who also earned a law degree, and with Laura Bush, who holds a master’s degree in library sciences.

Melania Trump, should her husband win the White House, would represent the return of an earlier type of first lady, one who did not graduate from college and instead pursued a career in a less verbal, more visual arena.

jrstinkfish likes this.
  9. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    Cons working overtime to lay blame anywhere but on her, Trump or the Republican party. How shocking.

10. God

God Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    4 wrongs don't make a right...

Vote 3rd party.

Skipnoid, reno, Captain and 1 other person like this.
  11. Chriza

Chriza The One Man Gangbang VIP

Reputations:
    You started a new thread about this. :spit:

12. yahoo

yahoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    LOL, Trump...

13. Chriza

Chriza The One Man Gangbang VIP

Reputations:
    Word of God.

14. freds

freds you broke it VIP

Reputations:
    Across the country, slack-jawed Republican political operatives and speechwriters expressed expletive-laden bewilderment at the organizational breakdown allowing such an episode to occur.

“It’s like some guy trying to paddle across a river in a rowboat who shoots a hole in his boat,” said Stuart Stevens, who wrote speeches for Mitt Romney and his wife, Ann, throughout the 2012 campaign.

In interviews, alarmed Republican speechwriters outlined the layers of formal scrutiny, apparently disregarded by the Trump campaign, traditionally applied to almost every draft of a major convention address. They described word-by-word fact-checking by a dedicated team of experts and computer software designed to catch plagiarism. Several online programs, like DupliChecker, are available at no cost.

:jj:

Anyonenow and Gusbuss like this.
  15. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    brah u are smart guy, u can make your own opinions. gary the retard can be trained to paste.
    if i wanted to read nonsense by people paid to write nonsense., id go to those sites myself.

i think i value your opinion more than u do :(

16. Gusbuss

Gusbuss VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I was half asleep yesterday morning when Howard was playing the speech. I was under the impression that the RNC had a speaking interpreter there to read the speech and Melania was repeating it. Later in the day I found out it was the same speech that was read by Michele.

FosterKitten likes this.
  17. Turtle Man

Turtle Man Hello Darling Gold

Reputations:
    Plus Michelle obama was just bullshitting

Skipnoid and The Snork like this.
  18. Captain

Captain Alto, Blanco y Guapo Gold

Reputations:
    Thank you.

I was worried the "libcucks" (or is it "establishmentrepublicucks"?---I done get confused who the hated ones are these days) would overhype this thing instead of putting it in perspective.

:cwl:

19. YinzerMasshole

Reputations:
    Amy Schumer steals jokes: the Shed loses its mind and grabs the pitchforks.

Wife of man running for president steals speech: the Shed claims it is all blown out of proportion and anybody that disagrees with them is someone who likes to watch his wife fuck other men.

20. YinzerMasshole

Reputations:
    Yes. Hillary sucks. Please run a functioning adult in 2020 and I'll happily vote for him or her.

Sleep and jrstinkfish like this.