If Sirius Does Skid Howie?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beths Arab, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Beths Arab

Beths Arab Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Where will he go?

Will he go back to terrestrial radio,internet radio or slip into total obscurity?:dontknow:

My guess is terrestrial because he's greedy for money & attention and they're desperate for any kind of talent.

What say you?

2. Groucho Marx

Groucho Marx Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I can't necessarily imagine the show going back to terrestrial. No one is going to build him a new studio at this point, and can he do the show in a normal studio anymore? Can he do the show with FCC regulations anymore? I just don't know.

Hell, if he is fired from Sirius because they don't see value in him, would another company even want to pay him a big contract?

3. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    howard can't return to terrestrial.....they'd never allow his part-time schedule.
    i couldn't care less at this point....at this point, he's just a habit.

4. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    He is imus, I hope they promise him the world then stick him on the air from 3-4 am on Sunday mornings.

5. smackyou

smackyou New Member

Reputations:
    Not gonna happen. 30 plus years of "entertainment". The man wants to retire. Remember, he wants to do a game show. 3 day work week a month. Besides, if he ever read your posts then why the fuck would he want to continue anyway?

6. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It takes all these people to put on a radio show 3 days a week. I don't see any broadcasting company putting up with that nonsense now.

[​IMG]

7. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    He would actually have to try on terrestrial for the high ratings. I dont see that happening anymore. He may do a podcast twice a month but I see him calling it quits.

8. smackyou

smackyou New Member

Reputations:

That's actually wrong. It takes only 8 of these people to put on a radio show. The rest are filler and extras.

9. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I read this. Wonder if he would go to Pandora? I can't imagine they would have the marbles.

Stern could be Looking for Greener Pastures
    Howard Stern seems to be planning a future that may not include Sirius satellite radio. His new gig on NBC's America's Got Talent show looks like an attempt to recreate himself as a nice TV host. In other words, Stern could be looking to leave Sirius and head to the small screen.
    What Stern will do besides say nice things about ventriloquists is anybody's guess, but he seems to be contemplating a change. After all, he sued Sirius for $300 million, and even though the suit was thrown out by a New York state judge, Stern has appealed. Stern filed the suit because Sirius refused to grant stock options he says he was promised when he moved to satellite radio.
    Stern's $80 million a year contract with Sirius will end in 2015, so this reinvention could be an attempt to improve his position for negotiations. It could also be an effort to enhance his appeal to other potential employers, such as Clear Channel (CCO), CBS, and Pandora (P).
    It goes without saying that Stern could also be trying to make himself more attractive to John Malone and Liberty. It is not known whether Malone wants to keep Stern or take the network in a new direction.
    If Stern does depart, it won't affect Sirius' stock price that much. Sirius shares are already trading at under $2 with Stern on board, so. So it is obvious that the market does not view him as that big of an asset. His departure probably would not have any effect on the stock price.

10. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Howard have his magic "sim cards"

11. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He should just retire. But he has Beff spending his marbles. In his mind he has to work just to keep his wealth upwards of 500,000,000.00.

12. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I chuckle every time Howard talks about become a Professor at BU, a University that barely mentions him and will not give him an Honorary Doctorate degree.

13. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Howard won't return to regular radio. The days of big budget morning shows on free radio are gone. The target audience, young people, has too many options for entertainment for a morning show to draw the kind of ratings it would need to justify the high cost of production. And it certainly wouldn't happen with young people when the dj is a 60 year old former shock jock turned PC pussy.

14. Beths Arab

Beths Arab Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Plus he needs some type of vehicle to promote his wife that "doesnt want to be famous".

15. cygnus2112

cygnus2112 In The Prep Room

Reputations:
    if he went to regular radio and it was a morning show, i would listen to it. his show may be very terrible and not up to par but it would still be better than anything on regular AM/FM. Radio is absolutely the worst nowadays, and as much as i complain about how bad HIS show is, I still like Howard very much.

16. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits Gold

Reputations:
    haha Fred is an old lesbian

17. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I know just the thing.

[​IMG]

18. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think Howard will do a podcast if he does anything. He can work whenever he wants to work and still make good money (although a huge pay cut for him).

I think he will try to transition to TV though and do AGT as his full time gig assuming NBC wants him back which is iffy. I think Howard needs to be in the public eye, but he doesn't really want to work anymore. AGT gives him a live audience to stroke his ego and a cake schedule that lasts only about 4 months a year.

I think after he is done with this contract, whether he completes it or he is fired, I think Howard is done with radio.

19. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard's biggest asset was always his ability to draw a huge audience and AGT has proven that doesn't exist any more. Without that, potential employers aren't going to put up with his prima-donna personality and penchant for filing lawsuits. After the current contract expires, what's left of Wiggy's career will be over.

20. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    For years everyone has always said people like James Dean and Marilyn Monroe became legends because they died too young. What's worse, them dying young, or growing old and getting fat and sick like Elvis, and Marlon Brando?

Howard was on top once, now he's a burned out sellout shell of what he once was and has become everything he once hated. I think that's what all the sycophants don't understand about why people here criticize Stern, we are all witnessing that sad decline that will end with Howard dying on on the floor next to his green toilet with cum all over himself.