If SiriusXM really wants to fuck with Howie...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HowieHasBeen, Apr 11, 2012.

1. HowieHasBeen

HowieHasBeen VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    they should never try to fire him. Make him come in his 2 days a week for the duration of his contract. It must be killing him to have to fly all over the country and get back to NY for the show.

He hates coming in and doing the show now. That's obvious.

2. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Or they could take the gag off of the other hosts and allow them to bust Howard's balls.

In particular they could lift the ban off of other shows that bars them from playing any audio from the Stern show. That way Opie and Anthony could go back to one of their favorite old bits which was basically playing clips of Howard's show and compeltely mocking him (The way Howard dealt with Andy Dick)

3. MarvelComics85

MarvelComics85 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How about just dropping Howard? Even if it may not be for the best, it's obvious that he hates being there because Oprah is more favored. Imagine, Howard is obsessed with Oprah and everything she does.

4. fletchman71

fletchman71 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's a double edged sword. They can hold Howard to the contract and make him come in for the 2 days until it expires but then Howard will just bitch and moan and complain about SiriusXM and make them look bad. Just look back at the last months he was on terrestrial radio and he got in trouble for promoting 'eh eh eh' constantly.

5. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No more parking in the underground garage, no more private elevator.
    That's right, Howard has to take the public elevator with the rest of the peasants and walk outside in all weather conditions to his curb side limo.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  6. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    They need to do as little as they can to fulfill their end of the contract, just like Howard is doing. I do love the unleash the hounds idea. I'd listen to O&A bash Howard for 4 hours a day.

7. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Hmm, that might actually get me to listen to O&A a second time.

8. j shmuck

Reputations:
    There are older clips on youtube of them playing howard clips and busting his balls.

If you haven't heard them yet check them out, they are great. I didn't start listening to them until the end of 2010 but have been checking out some of their older stuff too now and then

9. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Did you start listening when they were playing the shows on Stars Too for a week? That's how those fuckers hooked me into buying a Best Of XM package.

10. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits Gold

Reputations:
    Don't clear the halls for him, make him get his own lunch and take away his private bathroom..he will have to shit with everyone else's germs. This will push him over the top!

11. Beth Eats Hay

Beth Eats Hay Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sirius should have fired him years ago.....way before they got raped AGAIN contract-wise.

Fire him and stop paying him.....let the lawyers battle it out. It will take years before he gets any further undeserved gold.

12. sfgirl

sfgirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    He said early on in his career move to Sirius he wanted to be fired. Years later, and a miserable, unhappy, old and spoiled child, Howard continues to want out and take all the money as well. Sirius only card is to keep him there.

13. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    I'd actually like to see Malone seize majority control, orchestrate a hostile takeover, and deep six Mel. Then go about siccing his legion of predatory lawyers on Howard, making it as difficult as possible for him to stay there without quitting and conceding his compen$ation before they can actually find a legitimate non performance violation or enforceable loophole.

Malone is an unsentimental SOB who'd think nothing of imbedding his boot prints on Howie's forehead.

14. ryanv1978

ryanv1978 New Member

Reputations:
    there is no gag

O and A say whatever they want...who who ha ha robin

15. Pigsaw

Pigsaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Don't settle the lawsuit. If Sirius wins, and I think they will, make Howard pay for all of the court costs. I would love to see Hoard's face as he writes out a check for millions to Sirius. Karma's a bitch.

16. j shmuck

Reputations:
    I actually only started listening to the show at the end of 2010 because I thought there was a 50/50 chance Howard would retire and figured I'd better get a comedy radio show to listen to as a substitute.

They never were on the air where I live and I only heard of them through Howard's ripping on them.

Took a little while to get used to their voices (anthony's was grating at first) but I am now hooked.

Maybe HOward is right that they were cheap imitations of him back in the 90s (can't say because I didn't listen to them then) but words don't describe how much better the current version of the O&A show is than the current version of the Howard Stern show.

They make me laugh more
    Little Jimmy is funnier than anyone on either show
    They have better topics
    They have far better guests (particularly if you are in the heterosexual male 18-34 demographic)
    They are not PC.
    They make fun of everyone (no target is safe) like Howard used to
    They seem to be enjoying themselves
    They have far more comedians on (and let them sit in)
    When they bitch about Sirius it's actually entertaining.

I have no clue how anyone who grew up a fan of the 90s HOward like I did has not switched over to them by now.

17. j shmuck

Reputations:
    I think there is at least an implicit understanding not to bad mouth Howard

Otherwise knowing O&A's views on PC culture and their hatred towards the pussification of America, they would be ripping to shreds the evolved HOward and the fact that he has turned his show into an AGT imformerical. Hell they could spend weeks on Howard's pathetic marriage to a vapid Diedre Imus wannabe

18. HowieHasBeen

HowieHasBeen VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I like your thinking! :)

19. Obi Drunkenobe

Obi Drunkenobe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Let's not get in to big of a rush for Howard to get canned. There could still be some entertaining radio coming . Im looking forward to hearing what kind of bullshit excuse he comes up with when AGTs ratings nosedive

20. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    You're wrong. It just won't come up. We've been through that (with the awful Letterman appearance ratings). The show is over, man.