If Stern is going to a new medium, how will he promote it?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by !!!kaboom!!!, Nov 30, 2015.

1. !!!kaboom!!!

!!!kaboom!!! Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Howard seems mum on if he is re-signing, but won't promote where he may go because last time he did that, at KRock, promoting Sirius, it resulted in a costly lawsuit.

(I was a KRock listener back then and was surprised they let him pretty much give free advertising to Sirius for a year!)

I guess if he goes to Netflix or HBO, they will buy ads for him.

Heck, Hulu paid Seinfeld $120M for a bunch of old repeats -- and they aren't Netflix or HBO -- so big money must be out there.

(Yeah, I know, THSS isn't that great anymore, but maybe it can be remarketed. There are 330M people in America, after all.)

2. Hugh Blowmont

Hugh Blowmont Just be funny

Reputations:
    SIM cards.

Its a whole thing...

3. Shadoe Stevens

Shadoe Stevens Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Doesn't Gary pre-promote?

RonHeinzkaboot likes this.
  4. YodaQuiversStern

YodaQuiversStern Turn and face the strange

Reputations:
    Beth's instagram

5. Abner Devereaux

Abner Devereaux Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Infowars!

Former Governor Jesse Ventura and radio personality Howard Stern are set Wednesday on Stern’s radio show to discuss the serious possibility of a 2016 presidential run.

[​IMG]
    Image: Howard Stern & Jesse Ventura.
    Talking on and off air to Alex Jones, Ventura made it clear this is very serious and not a stunt, and that the two are in real talks for a 2016 Ventura-Stern ticket.

Ventura will fly to New York this Wednesday to appear on Stern’s Sirius XM show, during which Ventura will formally request that Stern join him on the ticket.

Ventura told the Alex Jones Show that he is deadly serious about running for the White House with Stern as his VP. Due to Ventura’s refusal to entertain the notion of taking money from special interests, Stern, whose radio show brings in around $100 million a year, will be in charge of fundraising.

Although Ventura had to quit his radio show when he ran for Governor of Minnesota in order to comply with FCC regulations, Stern will not have to quit his current show because satellite radio is not subject to the same rules as terrestrial radio.

However, Stern has indicated he will probably quit his current show in 2015 anyway, leaving the path clear for a presidential campaign to begin the same year.

Off air, Ventura told Jones that Stern is one of the smartest people he knows and that his libertarian mindset make the two a perfect combination. It is likely that Ventura and Stern will attempt to secure the Libertarian Party nomination, which in 2012 was won by former New Mexico governor Gary Johnson.

Stern previously ran for Governor of New York as a libertarian candidate in 1994, promising to fix the roads and repeal the death penalty.

Ventura is about to commence a book tour but confirmed that he would run for president, with Stern as his VP, exclusively with the Alex Jones Show.

“If this does happen, strap yourselves in,” says Alex. “This will be the biggest political shakeup since Ross Perot ran for president in 1992.”

http://www.infowars.com/breaking-jesse-ventura-howard-stern-set-for-2016-presidential-run/

6. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    he'll likely be back on Sirius for some amount of money that's in the range he's currently making

reno and Ba Ba Boolio like this.
  7. binhphuocngu

binhphuocngu Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What would he promote? You can't polish this turd. Perhaps he'LL appeal to his Facebook Apologist fans. THEY seem like perfect marks for him. I'm never paying again. His brand is FINITO.

8. Beth Onostrosky

Beth Onostrosky Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Dawgshed.com

9. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    No matter if Howard resigns or not, no one gives a fuck. Any talent that made the show good are long gone.

reno, AuntieSocial, Jake Dog and 3 others like this.
  10. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
  11. binhphuocngu

Reputations:
    Ventura/Stern ticket.
    AKA The Tinfoil Bitch and Conman

12. cg256

cg256 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Do you still troll Phil Hendrie's show?

13. fixer

fixer I'm Retarded you Jerk. On the Power.

Reputations:
    Beth will let something slip when she is promoting the Yoda book. They will hope to drum up some interest that way, I don't think anyone will bite. Crickets get ready.

14. Fillmore Fingers

Fillmore Fingers Sandy Vag Banned User

Reputations:
    Well considering they've turned Howard 100/101 and the Howard TV folks into dust particles, what's the hard sell? 20 million combined subscribers? Bullshit. I'm sure they have a way of tracking who listens to Wiggy, and they know damn well it's not enough to keep him on for big money.

PSU Shower Room and binhphuocngu like this.
  15. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    who?

16. cg256

cg256 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Well you have the same name and avatar of a person who frequented another board and who used to borderline harass Phil on his preshow when he was doing the video thing. If that's not you I apologize.

17. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I have maintained this position from the start, but I'll repeat it again. Howard will sign a new contract with Sirius for less money and less shows. There is zero chance he is retiring. And there is close to zero chance (less than 1%) that he goes to another service. The only new news will be the presence of video again, likely via the whalerock deal already announced.

Howard is comfortable with Sirius. The studio, the employees, the guests are all there. No other company will offer as much guaranteed, risk-free money like Sirius.

Every single sign points to Howard being back with Sirius. He only issue is agreeing on the final value of the contract, but I doubt he two sides are far off (if the deal hasn't been signed already).

18. binhphuocngu

Reputations:
    If someone pays him BIG money for 1.5 days of infomercials, they should be drawn and quartered by the stockholders.

Penelope likes this.
  19. irvin

irvin Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard will just send out a tweet to his millions of followers.

reno, RonHeinzkaboot and FosterKitten like this.
  20. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    "Robin, I can't wait to get to eh, eh, eh and unleash my notebook full of ideas. Robin?"