If the show never went to TV?

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by jonmac20, Oct 28, 2013.

1. jonmac20

jonmac20 Active Member

Reputations:
    What do you guys think would have happened? would it still be on? Would nick still be the host? Personally that's were the show jumped the shark to me. Artie is more of a radio guy and as soon as they went to TV the show got noticeably worse. Also no matter what you think of nick the show is better when Artie is not main announcer/ person who consistently chooses the topics. He's better at just riffing off what others say.

2. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Those low-budget days were great. They used to be free to say whatever and they didn't have the current shitty format or the current shitty crew surrounding artie. Comedy and just riffing seem to be an afterthought now

3. KimChee

KimChee New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Artie would agree I think, that he always was and always will be second chair. Don't get me wrong, he is very good at that role, but when Nick left we all saw the show decline quickly and really has become almost unwatchable. DTV simply put their money on the wrong horse and got burned. I'm sure they have another show in the works for that studio.

4. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    If the show never went to TV, I know it would have taken me longer to find it (probably until after Nick left). We switched from Charter to DirecTV like 3 days before the show debuted. As I was perusing the guide, I saw "The Nick & Artie Show" and immediately knew it was Nip Dick and Art. I also thought, "Holy shit, what a great pairing for a talk show!"

Haven't missed a show since and, thanks to the piratebay torrent, started listening to the old shows.

Directv was dead-set on getting into late night programming. They thought they would rip people away from milder comedy shows on broadcast networks, re-runs of sportscenter and obviously the die-hard Artie fans. Think about having 2 syndicated sports/talk shows (Dan Patrick + ALS) which literally take up 13 hours of programming a day, while only having to worry about major upfront costs like building the studio, equipment and leasing the space.

5. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I would not be forever scarred by seeing the disgusting Mike Bocchetti.

6. mattzane227

mattzane227 Active Member

Reputations:
    You really think if they kept Nick and got rid of Artie the show would be doing better?

7. KimChee

Reputations:
    Not at all. I think neither can do a good show alone, but together it was pretty entertaining at times. I do believe DTV thought Artie could pull it off.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  8. KimChee

Reputations:
    I also think if Artie's book is a success he will tell the "suits" thanks but no thanks like Rick did and hit the road.

9. jonmac20

jonmac20 Active Member

Reputations:
    I do if they stayed only on radio. The old show back when they were allowed to say whatever at least appealed to a niche audience. The current show I'm not really sure what its suppose to do. Don't get me wrong its entertaining every once in awhile. I also understand why people hated rick. Was an annoying bastard sometimes and got a little pushy with his politics. Still was better when the two of them got riffing and making fun of something than anything currently. Anyone remember that JWow rant they went on? was first episode I heard of the show and I had to pull over I was laughing so hard.

10. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;cuMssHy1N5E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuMssHy1N5E[/video]

Note how vicious Artie is to Dan. Art was desperate to call Falato a Fagato but knew he would get kicked off the air. Compare it to now...

11. jonmac20

jonmac20 Active Member

Reputations:
    Thanks for the video. Haha back when he use to give dan shit was the best. I actually like Dan tho if artie does a podcast I hope he brings Dan along if nothing else its entertaining to here artie bash on him.

12. mnkycum

mnkycum Active Member

Reputations:
    I like that its on tv otherwise I would have to listen in the car and thats not going to happen. I like Dan too, maybe he could he co host

13. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    I liked it better with Nick and I like Nick and his politics and I wish Nick and Artie were still together on this show

14. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    Dan is a real one-trick pony.

"Cheecaaaagoo"
    "Mark Grace banged a lot of chicks"
    "Cubs, Bears, Black Cocks"
    "I won't talk about Steve Dahl"
    "I used to bang Mark Grace"

He can't co-host.

15. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    Bill Murray man how could you forget about Bill fucking Murray

16. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    It was better with Nick, but not because of Nick, does that make sense?

In other words, somebody with enough intelligence to make references and chime in where necessary, and at least add some more ball-busting. Another comic in there would have been great, but obviously Direct TV don't do enough rudimentary research on Dawgs to understand that the dynamics Artie has with these lame-o co-hosts is sorely lacking.

17. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Like when he left open a couple free weekends in 2009 when the grind of standup and H was bringing him to suicide?Artie doesn't turn down checks much.

18. jonmac20

jonmac20 Active Member

Reputations:
    Na Dan would be a shitty co host. It's hard to tell but I like him as a producer all I was saying is Artie does a podcast I hope he brings him along.