If you dig rock-n-roll bootlegs, check this out....

Discussion in 'Music' started by TD4ABB, Jan 6, 2016.

1. TD4ABB

TD4ABB Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A while back I started doing a podcast for fun about bootlegs. I would GREATLY appreciate if you would check it and pass it along if you like it. Each episode I choose an artist or a theme and showcase, as well as talk about, different bootlegs, demos, rarities and other recordings of unknown origins for that given artist. I have been collecting and enjoying listening to boots ever since I was turned on to them in high school back in 1983!

As of this post I have eleven episodes up. Van Halen (x3), The Rolling Stones, Rush, KISS, Metal, Zeppelin, Cover Tunes, The 70's and a "spin the wheel" various episode. Thanks for helping a fellow "bootleg brother" out! [​IMG]

http://thebootlegbootlegpodcast.podomatic.com/

[​IMG]

goldtopper, Butch, CreamyBone and 2 others like this.
  2. TD4ABB

TD4ABB Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    New episode of the podcast is now up.
    Please listen as I pay tribute to the late ‪#‎GlennFrey‬ & ‪#‎TheEagles‬
    Needless to say some great music in this one. I know a number of musicians have passed away in the last few weeks. Each one affects different people in different ways. Bowie's passing affected a lot of people with not only his music but fashion stylings.....but for me Glenn's death hit just a little more closely. I have been a big Eagles fan, especially early Eagles, for a long time. I always liked Glenn back in those days...his style, singing, writing & playing. Again, please join me by listening to this episode to pay tribute to him as we check out some live recordings of many of the great Eagles songs he sang.
    RIP Glenn

http://thebootlegbootlegpodcast.podomatic.com/entry/2016-01-23T11_43_45-08_00

[​IMG]

http://thebootlegbootlegpodcast.podomatic.com/entry/2016-01-23T11_43_45-08_00

CreamyBone likes this.
  3. TD4ABB

TD4ABB Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Here is my long promised Allman Brothers Band episode. Time to eat a peach while we take a trip from 1969 to 2014 and delve into the many eras of the Brothers. The ABB is not only the band I have the most bootlegs of, but also the best stories about. You must check out this episode to not only hear my best personal rock-n-roll story, but you might even hear me talk to the Allman Brothers themselves! The episode so BIG it could not be contained in one part.... The ABB on the BBP!!

http://thebootlegbootlegpodcast.podomatic.com/entry/2016-03-07T16_14_11-08_00

[​IMG]

4. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Are these podcasts on iTunes or do I need the app?

5. TD4ABB

TD4ABB Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    CreamyBone and Butch like this.
  6. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    About half way through the ABB podcast. I'm liking it. Nice work.

TD4ABB likes this.
  7. TD4ABB

TD4ABB Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks Butch, I always appreciate your feedback. Part 2 soon!

8. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I really enjoyed part,one. Looking forward to next installment. I have some similar stories of meeting them and getting backstage. Sat on stage twice, in directors chairs in front of the band to see them play. Best times at any shows ever. First time was when Jack Pearson was playing with Dickie and second time was during Warren/Derek years. Looking forward to hearing your take on the warren/Derek years. Those two together on stage is always mind blowing to me. I'm going to miss that energy.

Going to listen to the Rush podcast next. They are up there for most shows attend by me along with the Dead and ABB and Phish.

TD4ABB likes this.
  9. TD4ABB

TD4ABB Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    sitting on stage is the best...except it ruins you for future concerts! ;)
    Glad you liked part one...let me know what you think of the RUSH episode.

10. goldtopper

goldtopper Well Known Heterosexual Gold

Reputations:

With all of their Instant Lives, there's so much out there. Not only that, on their website, they encourage trading. My #1 band.

Butch and TD4ABB like this.
  11. TD4ABB

TD4ABB Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hey Now....Got a brand new episode ready for ya! The Allman Brothers (Round 2).

This is a continuation of episode 13. We start this show with the Allman Brothers settling in on arguably the best line-up since the original. This is the line up that would take them to the end of the road...Derek and Warren! We will checkout some tasty bootleg goodness from this era as well as take a couple "trips" back to the Dickey days! So..... Stay Calm...Eat a Peach.. because The Road Does Go On Forever!!

http://thebootlegbootlegpodcast.podomatic.com/entry/2016-04-12T14_40_02-07_00

[​IMG]

CreamyBone and Whipping Post like this.
  12. TD4ABB

TD4ABB Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hey Butch....hope you liked part 2! Let me know.

Butch likes this.
  13. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Part 2 was really good. I really loved the Warren/Derek duo. I saw them back to back two nights a few years ago in Boston. The repeated Dreams the second night but switched lead on it. First night was Warren and second night was Derek. Still stands out to me.

I really loved your Rush show also. Going back to elementary school, one of my first loves.

TD4ABB likes this.
  14. TD4ABB

TD4ABB Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    After a few more mellow episodes, I thought it would be time for a good dose of head bobbing, leg stomping straight up Rock-n-Roll!
    Really no further description is needed, 'cuz with these mates you already know what you'll get...and you love it!
    Get ready to setting in for a whopping 2hr episode with the real thunder from down under....AC/DC!
    For those about to listen.......... I salute you.......FIRE!!
    **podcast not responsible for sore necks ;)**

http://thebootlegbootlegpodcast.podomatic.com/entry/2016-06-19T15_02_40-07_00

[​IMG]

telecaster likes this.
  15. TD4ABB

TD4ABB Well-Known Member

Reputations: