If you're on Facebook, you're an asshole nowadays

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Texas teacher’s Facebook rant about McKinney pool party gets her ‘relieved of her duties’: report
    BY Jason Silverstein
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Published: Thursday, June 11, 2015, 11:30 PM
    Updated: Friday, June 12, 2015, 12:36 AM
    [​IMG] Facebook Enlarge
    [​IMG] Facebook Enlarge
    Karen Fitzgibbons lost her job after a Facebook post that said blacks are "causing the problems" and advocated racial segregation.

A Texas elementary school teacher complained on Facebook about a police officer’s resignation following a chaotic pool party confrontation — and then got booted herself for the venting.

“This makes me ANGRY!” Karen Fitzgibbons, a fourth grade teacher at Bennett Elementary School in Wolfforth, wrote in her racist rant Wednesday rant about Cpl. Eric Casebolt of McKinney, Texas.

“This officer should not have to resign. I’m going to just go ahead and say it...the blacks are the ones causing the problems and this ‘racial tension.’ I guess that’s what happens when you flunk out of school and have no education,” she wrote, as reported by KCBD.

Fitzgibbons went on: “I’m almost to the point of wanting them all segregated on one side of town so they can hurt each other and leave the innocent people alone. Maybe the 50s and 60s were really on to something.”

She ended her post with the hashtags “#imnotreacist [SIC],” “#imsickofthemcausingtrouble” and “#itwasagatedcommunity.”

Shortly after posting her tirade, which she wrote along with a news article she shared about Casebolt’s resignation, Fitzgibbons deleted her entire Facebook account — but it was too late for the 16-year veteran of the school to back away from the backlash.

Fitzgibbons was “relieved of her duties” due to her “offensive, insensitive and disrespectful” post, the Frenship Independent School District announced Thursday.

Fitzgibbons issued an apology Thursday, saying she “let my emotions get the best of me, and instead of taking a deep breath, vented in an inappropriate way.”

“As an educator, I do teach my students about treating all people fairly and with dignity,” she wrote. “I regret that my words are now calling that into question. I can, and will, use this situation as a real world example of how emotions and words can cause hurt to others.”

Her exit came the day after a Florida high school principal got dismissed for defending Casebolt in a Facebook post, writing: "He was afraid for his life. I commend him for his actions."

Casebolt was suspended, and eventually resigned, after video of police presence at a suburban pool party showed behavior his own boss later deemed “indefensible.”

Cpl. Eric Casebolt resigned days after video showed behavior his boss called "indefensible," including slamming a 15-year-old girl to the ground.
    In the video, Casebolt is seen running around and cursing at mostly black teenagers, slamming a bikini-clan 15-year-old girl to the ground and pulling his gun on unarmed teens who ran to the girl’s side.

Casebolt was one of a dozen officers responding to a call about teens and adults fighting at a community pool in a well-to-do suburb. The dispute allegedly started when uninvited teens overcrowded the pool and two white women yelled racist remarks at them. Only one teen, 18-year-old Adrian Martin, was arrested, and his charges were quickly dropped.

Casebolt has faced death threats and gone into hiding since his resignation, his attorney said.

smichal and teehee like this.
  2. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I never say anything bad on facebook.that dumb broad should have done the same.

crazycreep, Tish, SternsEgo and 16 others like this.
  3. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Don't say stupid shit that could get you fired or cost you from landing a job.

Lesson learned.

Tish, SternsEgo, Zelda and 9 others like this.
  4. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    People never cease to amaze me with their stupidity. Its like that horrid woman veterinarian that posted a picture of herself holding up a dead cat that she shot with an arrow. These people are so stupid...

5. Turtle Man

Turtle Man Hello Darling Gold

Reputations:
    Well it's the truth :giggle:

6. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    I still don't know why anyone would use their real name on F.B. anyways?? I use my old forum name on it and never post anything on it.

7. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    People think their thoughts are so important...It's a compulsive thing, they can't help themselves from being idiots

8. God

God Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I have zero personal info on Facebook.

I use it to communicate with family/friends.

The only thing I post is movie quotes and pictures of bacon.

9. NiggalissCage

NiggalissCage Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How many times do we have to hear about some completely ignorant asshole losing their job over something said on social media? What the fuck is missing in an adults life that they have post their every boring, mundane thought in their vacant heads on the internet? Adults that are on facebook have something missing from their life, and are generally retarded.

Zelda, Skoal, IfTheyOnlyKnew and 6 others like this.
  10. Cinnaminion

Cinnaminion All Shadowy Light Gold

Reputations:
    o_O

She refers to her ''words'' here as if they stand alone and didn't come flying out of her own mouth that is connected to her very small brain. Frankly her words call into question all sorts of things. Her ability to teach fairness and dignity is just part of it. I'm astonished she can navigate Facebook at all.

Though, Facebook does make it very user friendly to post your braindroppings no matter how ignorant. And while I will never understand why people constantly put their opinions that no one cares to hear on blast, I appreciate the ability it gives me to see them coming and step out of the way.

11. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    so the lesson is that if you see out of control, violent, low IQ, fuck ups, you should keep your thoughts to yourself or the hysterical left will shit on you.

got it. :beer:

12. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    Time to put up the For Sale sign out front. She'll never earn anything above minimum wage from this day forward.

Crazy how you can destroy your entire life in seconds without hurting anyone or breaking a single law.

Bruce Jenner just killed a woman and he's a media darling getting courage awards and magazine covers.

13. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    Actually the people we know for sure that succumbed to violence were the two white women and the one bad cop (out of 11 other controlled officers).

Darkblue, ARM and gotnolife like this.
  14. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:

This sounds better than any other Facebook page I have ever seen.

God, IfTheyOnlyKnew, ARM and 3 others like this.
  15. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    only old people use facebook.

Whether it is or isn't is irrelevant, "Turtle Man." You, me and the rest of Dawgs at least have the common sense to post our vitriol under a dopey alias instead the name printed on our birth certificate.

IfTheyOnlyKnew, ARM and LawyerLarry like this.
  16. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    blaek broad had a thread yesterday getting fired after rantin against whites, you can go jack off to that one.

17. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I like the people who coome on and show sweet buds and other goodies on there site .Mean while police are checking it out lol in there town .

IfTheyOnlyKnew and ARM like this.
  18. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Some things are just ment to be private.

IfTheyOnlyKnew and ARM like this.
  19. Ta Ta Toothy

Ta Ta Toothy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So, the moral of this story is that in the "Land of the Free" you are not allowed to have an opinion. Got it.

20. Buffalo Balls

Buffalo Balls Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Assholes are assholes. Facebook just gives them an outlet to announce to the world that they're assholes.