WTF I'm fucking obsessed with Scientology.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Biff DiBiase, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Biff DiBiase

Biff DiBiase Philanthropist and accountant at Larry, Inc. POTY Stern Forum Gold

Reputations:
    It started last year when "Going Clear" came out. I had always heard about Scientology, and had a general idea of what it was about, but that doc really opened up my eyes. So, I started doing general research to gain a better perspective from all sides. My interest waned at some point, but a few weeks ago I was wastoid while on Amazon and picked up Marty Rathbun's autobiography that he put out a few years ago. Since then, I am back in the game. It's amazing that Misgavige isn't in prison for something. Dude is the greatest heel of all time! He made the IRS crumble to their knees!

Any of you people know anyone involved? I have a friend in Vegas who was trying to get out last year. She could have walked, but she was hung up on the 20k that she had given them. I told her to just fucking walk before they made her life hell. ( Dr. with a good life, she could afford walking) Anyway , she secretly recorded a conversation that she had with someone (auditor?) and it was absolutely insane at their antics and counterpoints. Even though she joined in the first place and gave them 20k, she is highly educated and was able to ward off their BS during the interview. I lost contact with her about 6 months ago. No, she isn't dead or anything, but she just won't respond to any texts, so I wonder if they got her again. Fucking crazy stuff.

2. Hugh Blowmont

Hugh Blowmont Just be funny

Reputations:
    No, she's dead.

3. Biff DiBiase

Reputations:
    That would suck for multiple reasons, but mostly because she is hot as fuuuuuck.

4. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I have been following scientology since the late 80s. Even in the early 90s tons of info was already online about their abuses and insanity. Lots of peoples lives were ruined to get that information out there, but bizarrely it wasnt until the south park episode that people seemed to care or even look at it. Who here has even heard or arnie lerma or keith henson etc? These early critics deserve some credit for exposing the cult despite the repercussions. But sadly they are mostly ignored and people give south park or going clear the credit.

Scarlett Ohara and boognishstern like this.
  5. Hugh Blowmont

Hugh Blowmont Just be funny

Reputations:
    Sucks about your friend. I had a buddy who lived in LA in the 70s and 80s and he said even then, they were this cult and eveyone in LA was doing it. Before that he said there was EST, which was a similar concept, but they didnt call it a religion, but the bullshit was similar.

6. hidden dragon

hidden dragon the princess of darkness Staff Member

Reputations:
    If she's gone all quiet, either they sucked her back in or she's hiding out for a bit. If they sucked her back in, just hope they don't move her to the Hemet compound. Supposedly that's where they stick uncooperative members to try and make them cooperative again.

Luckily my family and friends see Scientology as a sham. Couple cousins were over by the Hollywood Celebrity Center a few years ago (didn't go in, they were visiting their mom at Cedars Sinai) and they said the HCC just has a total weird vibe going on. They saw Tom Cruise leaving the building one night.

7. Summer

Summer Shed Punisher VIP

Reputations:
    My friends and I went to the Scientology center for a few laughs and it was bizarre. I bought a book from them and they practically held me captive, asking me questions. Another day we got hooked up to their E-meter they had set up in front of the center.

8. Biff DiBiase

Reputations:
    Her family still lives around here, so I would have heard something I would think. Maybe she just doesn't like me anymore. Completely possible. Either way, the whole thing is crazy. I read they only had about 50k members worldwide. Miscavige just keeps bilking them with new gimmicks. They have a ton of worldwide real estate, so they aren't hurting.

9. hidden dragon

hidden dragon the princess of darkness Staff Member

Reputations:
    I hope she's okay. It's sad to hear that you haven't heard from her. As for members, quite a few are leaving now. They are tired of having to give money, and the punishments are insane. Jason Lee and his wife just left the group. I imagine the cult owns more property than they admit to, so they're set financially.

10. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    Me too! Read:
    A Piece of Blue Sky
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Piece_of_Blue_Sky
    [​IMG]

L. Ron Hubbard, Messiah or Madman? (SPOILER ALERT: he's not a messiah!)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard,_Messiah_or_Madman?
    [​IMG]

Both are incredible in-depth insider's look at this insane cult. @skylarbrie : cult mention! @Winst: conspiracy mention!

11. zhukov

zhukov Time traveler Gold

Reputations:
    try fucking the insane out of her.

12. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I bought Hubbards book in mid 80s because of a legit sounding radio commercial but after a turn through the pages I thought WTF are these people talking about. They sent me shit for years...heavy postage stuff but they never got any response.

boognishstern and Biff DiBiase like this.
  13. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    She probably runs her own planet by now.

14. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:

There are many documented stories where people are shipped off to places like Florida and are put through a "cleansing" ritual that is basically starvation, sleep deprivation, and reprogramming. Some have actually escaped, but others have died and it just gets covered up.

15. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:

They ordered her to "Disconnect" from you and labeled you a "Suppressive Person"

16. Biff DiBiase

Reputations:
  17. Biff DiBiase

Reputations:
    I've been called worse.

18. thegroovologist

thegroovologist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  19. Drungle

Drungle VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Its crazy that people would actually believe a science fiction story about your soul told to them by a science fiction writer. I mean crazier than four guys writing about what Jesus did, and how the world's going to end.

20. Biff DiBiase

Reputations:
    The real allure for some, is moving up in the world. Unfortunately, you need money to do that. It can be a giant network to propel yourself forward. But, the more money you make in whatever profession you are in, you have to keep kicking back to the church.