I'm gonna see Halestorm live tomorrow

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by RenchFries, Oct 11, 2012.

1. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    Tickets were 14 bucks and it's gonna be in a tiny venue that holds around 350 people. It's gonna be awesome.

[video=youtube;tUUCk2srmDA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUUCk2srmDA&hd=1[/video]

2. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    Long-ass review for those who care:

The show was fucking amazing. It was in a very small venue that held maybe 400 people. There was no security border between the crowd and stage. I was standing less than 6 feet from the stage.

The crowd was very rowdy. During some songs there was some brutal fucking moshing going on (I considered the possibility of people getting hurt pretty high) which was something I didn't expect at all. I like to get crazy during shows, but this was close to being scary. It calmed down a bit after the first couple of songs though. The atmosphere was positive and bro-like.

The band were having a really good time being so close to the audience and at one point Arejay (the drummer) jumped into the crowd, which was cool.

The bands that opened the show were lame and their volume was way too high. Halestorm was loud, but not painfully loud.

These guys can seriously rock it. Very high quality musicianship. Arejay is an absolute monster on the drums and has a great goofy sense of humor in his playing. There was a big drum solo in the middle of the show and at one point he took out these huge 5 feet drum sticks and started playing with those. It was awesome. The bass player and lead guitarist did their job without being too much in the spotlight. They're good, tight players.

But the main attraction of the show is clearly Lzzy hale. She can belt it out and hits all the crazy notes live with an unbelievable amount of power and stamina. This chick blows a lot of dude lead rock-singers away effortlessly. I never was into bands with female lead singers until I heard Halestorm for the first time. Lzzy's vocals were very impressive and during slow songs, downright beautiful. On top of that, she's really fucking hot. She wore a sexy short leather skirt and a leather top, showing off her fine legs and ass. I was standing close enough to tell what's really going on and she's definitely better looking in person than in photo's/video's. I'm infatuated.

They had that hunger and energy of a young band that's enjoying their first taste of big success. It was their first European headlining tour. I don't think I'll ever see them in a small club like this. The next time they come by here, I'm pretty sure they'll fill up a big arena.

My verdict:
    VERY highly recommended.