I'm in the market for a "XM SELECT" subscription

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ARM, May 3, 2014.

1. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hey guys, anyone looking to unload an "XM Select" subscription?? I'm trying to ZooZaZoo and dawgs bomb a bunch shows but I seem to need this mysterious "XM SELECT" in order to get NBA & NFL RADIO???? WTF was this merger even for? The whole SiriusXM thing is mindnumblingly tedious to me.

I tried to BUY it off an email offer of 3 months free and it was soooo fucking involved with code #s it wouldn't just let me have a simple online listening sub. It was like they INSIST you have it in your car or they won't even take your $. I'm just done trying to figure this out.

PM me or get me here if you wanna haggle/barter for PW. The best part is Wigward's NOT offered on XM SELECT so he won't get any sub credit.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  2. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Keep in mind, ALL I want is fucking online access (so I can record it), and I could care less about stupid radios around the house or fucking stilettos or car crap.

3. Splash

Splash Huge Member VIP

Reputations:
    Its like $5 bucks a month dude

4. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Where is this, prove it??? All I saw was $14.99 and they wouldn't even let me buy without showing my fucking VIN#?

$ is not the issue, i dont feel like jumping through fucking VIN# hoops for a simple online listening "privilege".

5. Splash

Splash Huge Member VIP

Reputations:
    Not sure but I have XM with the best of Sirius. I assume it works both ways. Call and talk with the Indian

6. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ha, im gonna have to try that angle. But something tells me its not gonna be as easy as that.

7. John Smith

John Smith Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    LOL! You can tell the "Indians" at customer service by their very American but slightly outdated first names. "SiriusXM, this is Sally, how may I help you today?"

8. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just did exactly that and it was the single most frustrating conversation I've had in recent memory. Of course I couldn't get an American like I wished and wished for in 3 attempts. THE most convoluted rules/rates ever and I've seen less confusing packages from Bang Bros.

I decided to plow through anyway and I get this automaton Mindy Kaling on the phone. She's robotically reading from some fucking Greenstein script. I say verbatim "Hey Mindy, how do I listen to NBA & NFL radio online, I'm not interested in car radios or home radio. I'll pay whatever($14.99/$19.99), I read they're offered on XM SELECT!"

She goes away for about 10 whole minutes (she has no personal knowledge of the service without looking shit up) and comes back and says "NBA & NFL radio are NOT offered online regardless of what package you pay for. They're only available in home & car radios." all unaffected. I start screaming how it's retarded that every other sports channel (MLB, NHL, PGA, MAD DOG, FANTASY etc) IS available but the two I REALLY want aren't and that the NBA channel should WANT to get it's name out there for online people.

So I don't know what to do now. I really really want to hack a password or get one the very cheap for the basic SiriusXM online channels (Mad Dog, Fantasy etc) because they won't even let PAY for what I really want. No way I'm caving in to their Greenstein/Malone/Karmizan bullshit bait & switch & paying for radios I won't use etc.

9. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm gonna fucking kill someone!

10. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The crazy thing is NBA radio USED to be around when it first started and just vanished for years and came back LESS accessible and suspiciously around the time Adam Silver took over for David Stern.

And NFL radio (which does very well) WAS just this staple available in every way and form on all their formats. It was around and online friendly forever. And now is this mysterious forbidden fruit UNavailable for online listening (XM select) which is BACK stepping because online listening probably accounts for half their listenership.

Everything seems to be a ploy to dupe you into buying more hardware crap but it REALLY does is drive people away from the hastle of it all and ultimately UNsubscribe.

11. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    I just got the 30-day trial on the phone app and then added my credit card to my account. It was pretty easy :dontknow: