"I'm not Charlie"

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by DinnerSocks, Jan 14, 2015.

1. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I came across this article that a lib friend of mine posted Facebook page entitled "I'm NOT Charlie". It sparked my interest so I clicked on it. It was written by some cartoonist that was responding to the tragic events in Paris last week. He basically said, yeah it was wrong that they were murdered but the publication "Charlie Hebdo" was racist and offensive so they're not worthy of people around the world sympathizing with them. Moreover, because they were racist and offensive he was, in fact, NOT Charlie Hebdo. I tried to find the link for that particular article but could not find it ( I originally read it on my phone). But all one has to do is a simple Google search for "I'm Not Charlie" and you'll find at least a dozen articles from different authors that are very similar.
    Can't these Ivy league educated fucks see that in order to defend something we love (freedom of speech) we must defend something we may hate (offensive and racist speech). Our freedom of speech is something that not many humans throughout world history have enjoyed, only a small fraction of people who have ever lived have even known it. Just because it is our First Amendment right does not mean that it will last forever and it constantly needs to be defended. Caving in to the radical, extreme, Jihadists is the first step. If they get the power to tell us what we can and cannot say, print, and publicize, we are headed down a slippery slope. Your thoughts...

smichal likes this.
  2. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wig related because he's a proponent of Freedom of Speech, well, his own Freedom of Speech...

3. Hugh Blowmont

Hugh Blowmont Just be funny

Reputations: