I'm obsessed with how unfunny Shuli is

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HorseVsPelican, Jul 26, 2012.

1. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If I see a Shuli topic I have to reply. I love conversations of how bad he is. I can't get enough of talking bad about him. I listen to Jay Thomas except when Shuli is on.

Why is this guy in comedy? How can he be so bad at something he loves? He has no sense for it, no comedic timing. How can he suck so much? I've never laughed at anything he's said so it baffles me when people suggest he sit in the Artie chair.

2. LobsterTails

LobsterTails Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Shuli isn't a comedian. He is the wack pack correspondent in a phoney news team on a radio show.

3. RobinsEnema

RobinsEnema New Member

Reputations:
    Since I stopped listening to Howard, I started listening to the Sirius comedy channels like Raw Dog because there's actually humor on them. It's funny when you have comedians like: Eddie Murphy, George Carlin, Eddie Izzard playing on the channel...and then...out of nowhere...Shuli.

One of these ones is not like the other ones, not like the other ones...

And then I switch channels to avoid another five minutes of Shuli jokes about being a Jew.

4. Bodhi

Bodhi New Member Banned User

Reputations:
  5. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've heard his jokes on Raw Dog. It's some lame story about an asian girlfriend. He takes so long for the setup.

6. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I can't even stand the sound of his voice. He is a DRIP.

7. Ronniecheated

Ronniecheated Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Maybe thats part of the reason his car was repod in 2010. I don't think call of Shuli is selling like hotcakes.

8. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Chevy Chase was my favorite talk show :wop:

9. EricThMidgetSux

EricThMidgetSux New Member

Reputations:
    I'm obsessed with how he slips in to the final minutes of the Wrap Up show to plug.

10. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    Yesterday Shuli crow barred in a pointless Jew joke within the first five minutes of the show. Jay was doing a scenario where Jay, Garrett and Shuli were all in jail and Shuli chimed in with, "Yeah, I'd be in a Jewish gang with all the Jewish prisoners." No punchline...no point to blurting it out.

That's not even a joke. It's like Shuli grew up listening to Jewish comedians joking about aspects of Jewish culture and thought simply saying "Jew" was somehow comedic. In the same show he also did a cheap Jew/we love sales joke. Jay ignored both attempts at humor.

I can't think of anybody who's less funny or a bigger hack than Shuli. Benjy's not funny at all, but compared to Shuli, he's Richard Pryor.

11. Keyless Chuck

Keyless Chuck Barely a VIP

Reputations:
    I have no input...

[​IMG]

12. Markijuano

Markijuano Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This guy is fun and funny. Type of guy that'd buy a fellow fan a beer and shoot the breeze.

13. Wangold

Wangold Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Shuli referring to himself as a Comic! :rolleye:Funniest thing he's said in years! :shit:

14. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yes! He is the WORST...

He can't afford beer.

15. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Shuli is harrible - he used to pollute the Ferrall show too (back when he was the roommate of Ferrall's producer). In this segment, Shuli unleashes his comedic genius with some original schtick of pretending to be an Asian guy who can't say "L". At 1:40, he asks "what kind of Asian family names their kid Paul" - I think it was a joke, but am not sure :facepalm:

[video=youtube;4v7pZNq8zC8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v7pZNq8zC8[/video]

16. RobinsEnema

RobinsEnema New Member

Reputations:
    And when you use 'fan' in the singular, you're spot on. Just have to find out who that fan is.

17. Markijuano

Markijuano Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yet tickets to whatever he brings sell and fuckers go and laugh. Yes laughter, remember it

18. IHateHoward2

IHateHoward2 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    "there's a huge portion of this audience that has a sheep mentality..as soon as they hear something thats what they believe, they don't question it they don't think for themselves" -Shuli

He said this on the day Artie accused him of being a hack comedian. I think it really sums up how little Shuli feels about Howard's fanbase (and also how ignorant he is that he thinks it would be acceptable to say things to said fanbase and not have them resent him). The only reason nobody's ever made mention of this quote is because Shuli's a nobody.

You can excuse Howard for going soft after a long history of working hard to entertain his fanbase (not to speak of how being married to Beth has compromised his grasp of reality), but for Shuli to say something like that....wow.

If he's ever added value to the show in any way I mustn't have been listening that day.

Shalom, shithead

19. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    Chinese food jokes about a guy from Tokyo, Japan. Nah Shuli, you're not a hack. Not at all...

Isn't Shuli the guy who gets butt hurt and pretends to be a tough guy whenever a caller calls him a Jew? I guess making fun of Mormons, Blacks and Asians is cool, but don't you dare say the J-word! :oy2:

The "Paul" thing reminds me; Yesterday Jay goofed on Mitt Romney and Shuli said, "Mitt....what a stupid name!"

A guy named Shuli has the audacity to goof on peoples' names. Can you even think of a name uglier and more repulsive name than Shuli?

20. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    Ummm, no. People buy tickets to see half of the HSS staff and Whack Packers. If Shuli could sell out a club on his own, he wouldn't need to bring Ronnie, Scott, JD, Beetlejuice, Yucko and the Iron Shiek.

He used to rely on Sal, Richard and Levy, but Sal and Richard were smart enough to know that they could make more money on their own.