I'm one degree of separation from Empire State Building killer!

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Dainty Jainty, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Dainty Jainty

Dainty Jainty New Member

Reputations:
    SO FREAKY!!!

Some of you on this site know that I take photos of Red-tailed Hawks in NYC on occasion. Well, one of my friends takes pictures of them in Central Park. She would tell me about this weird guy who started coming to the park to take photos of the hawks. He would wear the same suit every day, even though it'd be boiling hot in the summer!

She realized today after seeing pictures of dead Jeff on the sidewalk that it was the same guy, Jeff Johnson! Thank god I never met him. He was really strange.

Here are some of the photos he took and commentary he wrote for his friend so she could use hawk pictures for her site:

http://palemaleirregulars.blogspot.com/

Here's a quote the Associated Press wrote about him in this article:
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...X_fZ-Q?docId=5c9bedc2d4544ee683b9bc7a19b64a94

"Johnson was also part of a community of bird watchers and photographers who document hawks and other wildlife living in Central Park, a few blocks from his home. In an email to another bird watcher, who works at The Associated Press, Johnson wrote tenderly about spending a winter night watching ducks in the park.
    "Near midnight by the Harlem Meer I watched a little 'flotilla' of Mallards swimming and softly honking ...fifteen degree temp and they were carrying on unfazed. Just remarkable," he wrote."

2. Vyb

Vyb serial chiller Gold

Reputations:
    tl; dnr

3. BudBudha

BudBudha Male Underwear Model

Reputations:
    I thought NYC only had pigeons :scratch:

4. Schmoopy

Schmoopy Shit Mult Hunter

Reputations:
    Have you ever photographed the Canadian Blairg Owl?

[​IMG]

5. My Balls Itch 2

My Balls Itch 2 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Whoa, he just made that post like yesterday and it was posted today?

6. gilaet

gilaet Xanax Service Dog Staff Member

Reputations:
    Your friend sounds dangerous.

7. My Balls Itch 2

Reputations:
    Weren't most of the people who were shot today shot by the police?

8. Gogol Boobdello

Gogol Boobdello Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Johnson worked for Hazan Import Corp. as a designer of women’s accesories for six years, according to New York City Police Commissioner Ray Kelly. Johnson lost his job about a year ago when the company downsized, according to Kelly. Johnson’s victim was Steven Ercolino, a vice president of sales at Hazan. Citing a police report, NBC New York said that in 2011, while riding in an elevator together, Johnson told Ercolino, “I am going to kill you.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...8e894c-ee29-11e1-afd6-f55f84bc0c41_story.html

a friend works 2 blocks away and passed the fracus 15 mins before it happened this morning

9. My Balls Itch 2

Reputations:
    I wonder if it was suicide by cop? His gun only held 8 bullets and he put a lot, if not all of them, in the guy he shot. When the cops confronted him he turned around and pointed the gun at them. I read a lot of the people were hit by ricocheting bullets.

10. Dainty Jainty

Dainty Jainty New Member

Reputations:
    The closed circuit security video of him getting killed by the cops is online if you haven't seen it. I don't think it was suicide by cop. It looked more like he turned around to deal with them face-to-face and with his gun at them for leverage/buy time but perhaps not to actually shoot them. I think everyone except his victim were accidentally shot by the cops.

11. My Balls Itch 2

Reputations:
    That just seems so crazy to me. All those people hit by ricocheting bullets. I haven't seen the video yet. I usually wait for Dawg to post that stuff. And it's pretty cool you belong to a loose knit community of birdwatchers. Is it just the red-tailed hawks or are there other birds? I'd think you'd have better luck if you lived in a rural place.

12. Dainty Jainty

Dainty Jainty New Member

Reputations:
    The video is gripping. It's pretty awful to see someone get killed, I don't care who it is. My friend and I would joke about him because he was so weird. Some of the group even had a nickname for him so I knew exactly who she meant when she told me she thought the pictures of the killer were of him (later confirmed to be him).

[video=youtube;mypYl_NoYnM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mypYl_NoYnM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Yeah, we mostly photograph the hawks although I'll take photos of other birds too like Mallards, Canada Geese, Woodpeckers, etc.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  13. Dainty Jainty

Dainty Jainty New Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, he took those photos and wrote the commentary on the 22nd for his friend and she posted the stuff today at 3:23AM, just hours before he killed the guy!