I'm sensing a breakdown........

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Snotty, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Hamptons has been all over the map the last couple of weeks.....Can't really put my finger on it, But he seems maniacal. "Wrestling" With going back to AGT, Hey its my fourth anniversary, George Martin sucks, Booey sucks ass, I "Control" 70% of Sirius listeners, I AM GOD!!!

Lots of anger, It seems to me Hamptons is clutching at straws trying to validate himself to his self and everyone around him....NBC has more than likely told him "Thanks but No Thanks" As far as AGT goes, Perhaps hes been told how the cow's gonna' eat the cabbage as far as Liberty taking over SXM and things are going to change drastically. Anyone know if there has been a date set for Malone taking majority control?
    It might be much Ado about nothing, But I'm thinking Hamptons is the hog that just saw the butcher stroll over the hill, And there's nothing he can do about the slaughter that's coming his way............:cool:

2. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    FCC seeks input on Liberty bid to control Sirius
    By Associated Press Published: Oct 3, 2012 at 9:19 AM PDT

WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal regulators on Tuesday opened up a public comment period on an application by John Malone's Liberty Media Corp. to take control of satellite radio company Sirius XM Radio Inc. The Federal Communications Commission said petitions to deny the application are due by Nov. 1. Responses to those filings are due two weeks later, with a final rebuttal to the responses by Nov. 20. The FCC is looking into Liberty's proposed takeover of Sirius, in which Liberty already has amassed the equivalent of a 47.3 percent stake. If the commission approves, Liberty has said it will buy up enough shares within 60 days to give it majority control. Liberty saved Sirius XM from near-bankruptcy in February 2009 by agreeing to lend it up to $530 million in exchange for preferred stock that amounted to a 40 percent stake. Since then, Sirius recovered from its tailspin and as of the end of June it had more than 22 million subscribers.
    Sirius shares rose 7 cents, or 2.7 percent, to $2.64 in afternoon trading. Liberty Media shares were up 34 cents at $105.11.

3. jimbronie

jimbronie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There def has been a change to the show in the past two weeks. I have found myself laughing a bit these past 6 shows more than I have in the past 6 years.

4. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Methinks it's just menopause

5. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Maybe his shrink will institutionalize him.

6. Snotty

Reputations:
    At Hamptons talent, Or that nervous laugh when you know theres something weird somethings wrong?

7. Snotty

Reputations:
    I wondering if he will turn on Amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing thinking that she is the catalyst for all of this fail.....................

8. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Tissue box slippers can't be far behind.

9. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    If SiriusXM is merged with Liberty media: are they legally obliged to honour Sterns contract?

SiriusXM would legally be a part of Liberty media. Howard's contract is with SiriusXM. Liberty media does not have a contract with Howard.:pray:

10. Snotty

Reputations:
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

11. Snotty

Reputations:
    Wonder if this commission will take into consideration the difference in the stock prices......Geeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz........

12. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...and all of them listen to howard.

...he would be right.

13. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...wouldnt that cut both ways? howard could choose leave and keep the money or liberty could let him go and he keeps the money. i doubt thats the way it works, i dont know that but it doesnt seem it would go that way. :dontknow:

14. Snotty

Reputations:
    Clear Channel has set precedent on how to fire Hamptons and not pay him shit............And thats what he's afraid of

15. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    good amount of anger and I think in today's show he swore about that John Malone guy. Like "What's that fuck's deal" or close to that. He's kept saying that AGT is his decision, I wonder if it really is, talk about a possible embarrassment.

16. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I think a few months back we had a pretty intense debate about whether or not Liberty Media could terminate Howard's contract. It could happen, but it is very unlikely. Of course they could make Howard miserable

17. AngryWhite

AngryWhite New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    he's let his radio show, the thing that has made him as a man, finally go to complete and utter shit. deep down he knows it, and it's gotta eat at him.

as for all of sirius' 22 million subscribers listening to him, bullshit. i had sirius before howard was there, and i still have it now that i no longer listen to him. i'd be surprised if 10% of their subs listened to him at this point.

18. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    <-I used to have that poster

19. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    ....and I think that is why the panic has set in. He's trying to get people to sit in the Artie chair, and is developing new programming (albeit shitty). I also think the Farrell departure has him freaked out because he has no 'talent' other than the HSS.

20. Snotty

Reputations:
    I'm guessing NBC has already told him Adios..........Hence the stench of desperation.......