In honor of the cheap family thread, anyone have cheap friends or family showing up Thursday?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Costamesaartie, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Costamesaartie

Costamesaartie Active Member

Reputations:
    We always have Thanksgiving at my house. We get it catered by Lucille's BBQ and only ask folks to bring a dessert, small side dish or drinks.

My cheap brother always refuses to bring anything and makes me look like an asshole when I ask him to bring something.

He's not poor and makes about 100 large a year. When I ask him if he can pick up a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada or Tecate or go to the 99 Cent Store and pick up about 5 of the two liter sodas, he'll say, "Give that job to someone else."

When I press him on it, he'll say, "You don't understand, I'm a single parent. If it's a problem, maybe I won't come." All his kids are in their 20's. If it wasn't for my mom I wouldn't invite him.

Anyone have an asshole like that in their lives and will see them on Thursday?

Stern show related because I could see Howard refuse to bring something or maybe some almonds.

2. Hugh Blowmont

Hugh Blowmont Just be funny

Reputations:
    My sister is dead to me, but thats sort of a 24/7, 365 thing...

Boomer likes this.
  3. somedude61

somedude61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just don't invite anyone you don't like to your dinner. That includes family. You can pick your friends but you can't pick your family and most of the time your family just isn't worth spending time with.

4. dilly

dilly Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Your brother sounds like a complete asshole

Costamesaartie and Tranquil like this.
  5. Tranquil

Tranquil Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I get that your mom would want him there for thanksgiving, but that kind of attitude would piss me off, I would just tell him don't bother coming. If you give in, that only reinforces his behavior.