Increasing my dietary fat intake

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Asshat, May 20, 2014.

1. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've been doing this for the past couple months and seeing some good results. Specifically I have added coconut oil, avocados, whole milk, whole milk yogurt to my diet. Fuck it, what do I have to lose. I have also shunned canola and other weird-ass processed oils in favor of good old fashioned bacon fat which I use liberally in cooking.

My vague impression is that medical science is now leaning towards supporting this kind of diet. It seems to work well for me. Not that I needed or wanted to lose any weight--at 6' 163lbs I don't have any to lose. However I have become leaner in the last couple months and had to tighten my belts by a notch. Muscle tone is more pronounced, especially in the abdomen area. Also feel a little bit better in general, cleaner on the insides and what have you.

So in summary, eat more fat, fat's good for you and the more you of it eat, the less carb you will end up stuffing in your gullet and as we all know by now carbs are/will be the downfall of man.

noname2 and GoshGeeGolly like this.
  2. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:
    Interesting...I was considering making a thread about weight gain for thin folks who work out. I've been taking the whey powder...looking for other optoions

3. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've dabbled with whey powder. At the end of the day, it's kind of a weird thing to eat. Isn't whey a by product, basically the equivalent of toxic waste? When it's not being dehydrated and packaged for sale in the "health food" section that is.

One thing I really like about the virgin coconut oil is it's minimally processed, and feels like you are consuming clean food, pure energy. Same with avocado--so high in calories and fat and about as raw and natural as human food gets.

4. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:

Yup, coconut and avocado are basically 2 perfect foods...anything from them feels that way

I honestly don't know what whey powder is...LOL

Now I have to research

5. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well I guess nobody is interested in slimming down or having more energy, all by simply adding more fatty deliciousness to their diet. Oh well. It is working for me.

6. GoshGeeGolly

GoshGeeGolly VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Egg is the perfect food.

7. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
    Eat more shit!

8. low selfestitle

low selfestitle Moderator Staff Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

9. noname2

noname2 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I know this is an old thread but i just found it. Other good fats are olive oil and grapeseed oil. I wouldn't use bacon grease but that is just me. I went gluten free awhile back because I have an auto-immune disease and it has helped quite a bit. I completely changed my diet and it wasn't hard at all. Thank god for the internet!

10. RF76

RF76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Haha, this is the complete opposite of my diet. I eat a shitload of carbs and on most days consume 30 grams of fat, sometimes more when splurging but most times less. I'll eat a whole pot of brown rice with mushrooms for breakfast=0 fat. Lunch is tuna with a little low fat mayo and wheat thins=12 grams of fat. Dinner- grilled chicken and a shitload of brown rice with whatever veggie=3 grams of fat. I throw in a few granola bars also. All that fat is going to raise your triglycerides and cholesterol.