Inmate Ragdolled by Guard (to the death)

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by check1, Dec 12, 2013.

1. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Inmate ragdolled. Inmate dead. It looks like a gorilla attack (seriously...it does).
    Discuss. The inmate was in for nothing serious which makes it maybe a bit less fun.:dontknow:

[video=youtube_share;fzXwuJDdhPo]http://youtu.be/fzXwuJDdhPo[/video]

Raleigh, N.C. — A Wake County detention officer charged with causing an inmate’s death said in court Wednesday he felt the prisoner was a threat and needed to be subdued.

Shon Demetrius McClain, 40, died from blunt force trauma to the head and neck 13 days after prosecutors say he got into a fight with Officer Markeith Council.

Council, a detention officer at the jail since 2009, is charged with voluntary manslaughter in the case. The defense rested Wednesday, and the jury began deliberation shortly before 4 p.m.

Testifying on his own behalf, Council recalled the night he got into an altercation with McClain. Council said he was the only officer in the cell block with 55 inmates when McClain started arguing with him.

Council had been passing out sheets to the inmates when McClain accused him of nearly slamming his hand in the cell door.

“He talked about how we had too much power,†Council said. “Other inmates were egging him on. I told him not to listen.â€

About 15 or 20 minutes later, Council said, inmates were out of their cells when a combative McClain approached him again.

“I’m telling him that he needs to back up,†Council testified. “Again, I’m telling him don’t let his friends get him in trouble. You could hear these guys saying something to him.â€

Council said within moments McClain struck him in the jaw, and they began to tussle. The officer tried to handcuff him while keeping an eye on the crowd.

“I’ve got to get him off of me and get him secured,†Council said. “I’m worried about what is going on around me. Your mind shuts down and you go to what you know, which is your training.â€

Council said he didn’t have time to use pepper spray. He called on all available officers and a nurse, and put the block on lockdown.

McClain – who had been in custody since May 28 on misdemeanor charges of possession of drug paraphernalia and consuming malt beverage on public property – was taken to WakeMed, where he remained on life support until his death on June 17.

Council, who has three children and a baby on the way, said his career goal is to become a prison warden. His wife is a Raleigh police officer.

He said he didn’t know McClain prior to that night and “didn’t have a problem†with him.

During testimony Tuesday, other inmates said that McClain – who was 5 feet 7 inches tall and 119 pounds – was helpless once he was pinned by the bigger officer. Jurors were shown security video that showed Council slamming McClain to the ground twice.

During his cross-examination Wednesday, Wake County District Attorney Colon Willoughby focused on the physical differences between the men. Council weighs 290 pounds and played football in college.

Willoughby asked Council whether he considered subduing McClain by sitting on him, rather than slamming him to the ground.

"Why did you throw him down the second time?" the prosecutor asked. "You know that at that point, throwing him down was going to hurt him."

Council replied: "I didn't think to hurt him. I was thinking about getting him off of me."
    Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c43_1386814784#7EBdgIrUJHisByzP.99

2. BrerJimmy

BrerJimmy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    General rule of thumb, when you're 4 feet tall, don't pick a fight with a real human being.

3. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    I dunno, I could go either way here. I guess I have to side with the bigger gorilla. The little gorilla should have known better than to piss off the big gorilla. So I guess this comes down to survival of the fittest. Yea, that seems about right...Charles Darwin wins again.

4. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    Sometimes you just keep your mouth shut.

Natural Selection. Case Closed. :coffee:

5. JasperBugg

JasperBugg Member

Reputations:
    Guilty!

6. dexterdog

dexterdog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :giggle:

7. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    I guess the Napolean wasn't so tough with his big talk and pointing.

8. Phil McKrakin

Phil McKrakin AKA Howie POTY The Bar VIP

Reputations:
    Slammed that niglet like a baby piglet!

9. BringBackJackie

BringBackJackie Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I didn't have time to watch the video or read the commentary. Is that a video from Santa's workshop?

10. Thedomina

Thedomina Unfriendly

Reputations:
    Why was he the only officer with 55 monkeys out of their cages? If this guy goes to jail while that kid in Texas does no time, all hope is lost for this country

11. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    That was brutal. It was like bear vs. toddler. [​IMG]

12. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Obviously, things get pretty 'high pressure' this time of year.

13. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Disparity demonstrated. :c

14. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The second body slam isn't going to help the guard's defense. I'd bet on the former college football player winning even if the small dude had Richie Wilson's martial arts training.

15. Lou Skunt

Reputations:
    Both physical and mental.

16. Lou Skunt

Reputations:
    Question:
    What is the difference between 290lbs and 119lbs?

Answer:
    Approximately 6'

17. psyllium husk

psyllium husk New Member

Reputations:
    :ral: I like how the one stays on the chair like he's watching T.V

18. BrerJimmy

BrerJimmy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    All of cell block D simultaneously erupted into a chant of, "WORLDSTAR HIP-HOP!"

19. Rocinante

Rocinante Well-Endowed Member Gold

Reputations:
    That was definitely a case of excessive use of force, but who cares? Let the nogs kill each other.

20. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    He's a pussy if he got merked from one body slam. Fuck him.

P.S. Thank God he was black so i don't have to hear about this from the professional victim sect.