Inserting "live reads" throughout the show is what DESTROYED

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Ruffypup, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard's likability, trustability and credibility.

Lest Howard sit there and wonder "What did I do to make them hate me?"

2. wigtropolis

wigtropolis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lest anyone think Ruffypup doesn't know what he is talking about. Let's make it clear that he absolutely does

3. Jennicide

Jennicide Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    "The fact of the matter is"... that's just one example in a long list of examples.

4. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's so true, what I really wanna say is- oh, wait a minute- have you heard about Fresh & Sexy Wipes? They're amazing- you know how when you're about to get lucky in the backseat, you pull off your underpants and- uh oh, smelly butt and balls- what are you gonna do then? Well, scientists finally have the answer.

5. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I still enjoy what Howard does. .. speaking of which ruffy.. do you ever worry about llama identity theft?
    Everyone knows that llams are the number one target of identity theft on the Internet. ..well let me tell you about ...

6. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Howard not being funny and not having anyone else on the show to write funny material for him is what killed it.

7. Jennicide

Jennicide Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Tell us about... what?! My llama and I are on the edge of our seats. Don't leave us hanging.

8. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:
    The amount of commercials tripled vs when Howich was on terrestrial radio. He sold the fuck out to the man. :facepalm:

9. Cunt

Cunt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Live reads...no comedians...3 shows per week...amateur hour programming on H101...rushing through Robin's news to end the show as soon as possible...ripping staff for outside projects that take away from the show and then signing up for AGT...turning Hollywood thanks to Beth...taking phone calls only from ass-kissing "regulars"...

10. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    Howard not having a funny male comic in the studio to imitate and get material from is what killed the show

11. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Live reads are the least of his problems. When he refused to have anything funny on his show was the end.

On Krock even some commercial breaks were fun because they made them into funny bits.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  12. booybob

booybob Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    If this was in blue font I would have thought it was started by BenBas :)

13. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard turning into a humorless, pc, oversensitve, afraid to offend a celebrity whiner, with no ability to laugh at himself and determined not to hire a legitamate talent for the "comedy chair" is what ruined the show.

Howard traded in his "brand", artistic integrity, and desire to entertain long time fans so that he and his trophy wife could dance with katie couric on daytime tv, sip wine with matt lauer, and have a dinner party with his new co-worker nick cannon.

Back when he was on terrestrial there were shit loads of commercials, but i didn't care , the show was still great.

14. Daemon

Daemon Asshole

Reputations:
    It's limiting to say only one thing made Howard unlikable, untrustworthy and incredible. I'm sure Howard's hypocrisy yields an abundance of things to hate about him. The name Beth alone makes me cringe.

I agree the live reads are an atrocity. Even if you record the show and edit out the commercial breaks, who wants to edit the actual show to avoid Howard's constant shilling? So he found a way to ensure nobody avoids all of his commercials while simultaneously ruining his own show. That's Howard's genius. He can create something fantastic, and then completely ruin it.

15. Ruffypup

Reputations:
    All of that but mostly the "live reads" during Robin's News. Listening back to some stuff on today's show had Artie and Howard ripping endlessly on Vinnie "oh Debbie, Muah" clip....While listening I was trying to imagine how Howard would completely brake the free flow to do a live read which in turn completely ruins the vibe and destroys the moood. As well, it is so cavalier of Howard to feel the need to be spot on time with those reads for such few marbles. I mean he just asked Courtney Love why she was wasting her time promoting products on Twitter for such little money, while she has over 100 million.

16. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    daddy skipper

17. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Not cool, man. :no:

18. Ruffypup

Reputations:
    :dontknow:

19. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Can anyone find any of the times in the past when Howard used to make fun of other broadcasters for doing live reads and how he would never do a live read in the middle of a broadcast? I know he has done this multiple times in the past.

20. dexterdog

dexterdog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's it right there in a nutshell. I couldn't have summed it up better myself.