Interscope loses $25 million on Lady Gaga

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ElRexican, Nov 17, 2013.

1. ElRexican

ElRexican Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    On Saturday, it was revealed that Interscope, Lady Gaga's label, has spent $25 million dollars to promote her flop album "ARTPOP," which is set to sell around 250 thousand copies in its first week -- that's a 75 percent drop from the first week album sales from "Born This Way" from two years ago. This weekend, plenty of Lady Gaga's little monsters prostituted themselves online, offering gay sex for people who buy at least 30 copies of "ARTPOP."

Some have compared the fate of "ARTPOP" to Michael Jackson's "Invincible," where $30 million was spent on the promotion for an album that didn't even launch one solid hit single. But "ARTPOP" is really Lady Gaga's "Glitter." Interscope, who was hoping the album would sell at least ten million copies worldwide, will have to lay off at least 50-100 employees, who will allegedly receive their pink slips around Christmas time. What a gift!

So, how was the money spent? We talked to a music industry analyst (who wants to be referred to as 'Jacob' for this story), who has worked at both Warner Brothers and Arista over the past twenty years. He works closely with people from Interscope and told us that the past year has been a huge nightmare for Lady Gaga and Interscope.
    "She originally was going to have the album ready by last Christmas. They made her re-record it. When her tour wasn't selling, they invented a hip injury and told Gaga to go away for months so the public could be interested in her 'comeback.' After the lead single 'Applause' didn't get such a great reception, they made her re-record the album again. I hear that they allegedly paid radio stations around $4 million in order to put the song at the top of their playlists," Jacob laughs.

Besides the $4 million for payola, it is believed that another $5 million allegedly went to news outlets such as Billboard, Glamour, MTV, ABC and some others. "Cash gifts to news outlets really aren't unheard of, but Gaga allegedly has taken it to new extremes," says Jacob. He notes that Rolling Stone, a magazine that had usually praised Lady Gaga in the past, allegedly wouldn't accept the cash. Gaga's team was hoping Rolling Stone would put her on the cover and call her "Woman of the Year." Instead, the money allegedly went to Glamour.

"I can't say for sure what she is doing for Billboard, but they are definitely trying to save her. They let her song 'Dope' chart at number 8 this week based on YouTube views that weren't intended just for her. The magazine also counted thousands of free giveaways of the song for that chart position. They are covering up for her big time. It's really sad when an industry staple such as Billboard picks favorite and allegedly participates in the payola game," Jacob says with sadness.

Jacob believes Lady Gaga's current drug use is destroying her. "She has turned against everybody who has helped her. She claims she has only done Marijuana recently, but that's far from the truth. She's dying a slow death every day and nobody is there to help her!" claims Jacob, who has seen drugs destroy family members and all sorts of stars. Let's hope somebody loves Lady Gaga enough to get her clean.

http://www.examiner.com/article/interscope-loses-25-million-promotional-bet-on-lady-gaga-artpop-bomb

2. thishead

thishead Member

Reputations:
    wow. why did i read all that

3. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    Hopefully Gaga will move to Guyana and invite all of her little monsters over for some cookies and Flavor Aid.

4. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Robin, my influence is still amazing. Any celebrity comes on my show and they are almost guaranteed a hit movie, book, CD, or TV show. I made Whitney Cummings the superstar she is and I am keeping Lady GaGa on top!"

5. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    With all of the downloading and pirating in the past 15 years, I cannot imagine any record label spending more than a few million on promotion outside of the artist going on THSS, SNL, Tonight Show, late night shows, etc.

Also, the paid downloading of singles has killed the profits made from albums. The music business is in deep shit. The best way to make $$$ is to write and get royalties from radio stations and licensing of the song.

It's over, Tommy, It's over

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  6. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    :lol:
    I just watched a show on history this morning about Jim Jones. Honestly, I don't think Gaga would have any trouble convincing her little monsters to go along for the ride. I'm willing to bet Gaga could easily get more than 900 of her monsters to drink the "grape drank".

7. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
  8. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    You guys are so stupid. Your obsessive hate with a failed wiggy Howard stern has you following lady fucking gaga. What senseable red blooded male fan from the 90's Howard gives two shits about Lady fucking Gaga?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  9. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    :pray:

10. goldphoenix

goldphoenix Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Could we get the Little Monsters and the Juggaloos drinking from the same pitcher?

11. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    But then where would we get all the pics of naked chicks with clown makeup, corn rows and c-section scars?

12. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    Billions of dollars are spent on absolutely, literally nothing while common workers can't be paid a living wage.

13. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    Lady Gaga is so troubled by this, she had to puke!

[video=youtube;u1LLhm3icpQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1LLhm3icpQ[/video]

14. jimbronie

jimbronie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The question is how much was sxm paid to put her On. The channels and did wiggy get a cut of that dough to interview her and put out the media blitz he did for her?

15. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    you hating our hating is gay & faggit

16. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    Lady Gaga and Mike Myers are moving in with Dave Chappelle.

17. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    Wow Howard Stern and the "Stern Effect" can really move some units. I can't believe more of his core audience (allegedly men 18-49) didn't run out and by this piece of shit.. I mean Wiggy did say go out and by the album today. What happened? Oh yeah Wiggy is a douche and no one fucking cares what the Queen of old media says.....

18. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    an anonymous source on a blog :facepalm:

19. Beths Arab

Beths Arab Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Maybe her new single "Pan Cake Tits" will turn things around.:dontknow:

20. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    The album is #2 on Itunes, behind Eminem, and the single is #10