Irate callers actually do slip through and piss off Howard!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Box of Rox, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Box of Rox

Box of Rox Turgid member VIP

Reputations:
    Here are two of my favorites..

The Horse Face call

Remember Dina?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  2. hoodwink

hoodwink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Who was that one dude that kept getting through?? "Play more tradio calls" haha

3. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    "There's gotta be a way to get out of this contract early."

"Sit here and knock it out of the park every morning."

Sometimes I forget that he really DOES say that.

That's one fucking tiny park all right.

4. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    the first one was epic...

5. Elisa Jane

Elisa Jane Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The call from Dina is awesome- Bravo Dina- I hope she is here on Dawg's Saloon. This is the call where he said he "pisses on his fans".

6. SDBlack

SDBlack New Member

Reputations:
    Dina was the best...that was one of the last calls they let through

7. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish The Slow Adult VIP

Reputations:
    I miss the "Hey, Imus!" guy. At least it got Howard to admit that he knows he's being hypocritical as he began to talk about why the guy would call him Imus. But then he quickly began to justify the things Beth does as compared to what Deidre does, and we lost him again.

8. Mike in Houston

Mike in Houston I got more balls than the daily lottery. VIP

Reputations:
    Dina is from my neck of the woods. Both calls are great. I remember this call when it went down live.

9. C.I.A-Hole

C.I.A-Hole Resident Jackass VIP

Reputations:
    At this point, people should just call in and request segments from "Stern Show Shuffle". That's when the show was good, and the only reason I still subscribe.

10. TheWishman

TheWishman New Member

Reputations:
    I remember both of these calls and off the top of my head, these are the only two calls where people get through and say something anti-Howard. I was hoping to see some calls I haven't heard of!

I guess back in the glory days we all loved him

11. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Member

Reputations:
    My favorite is Justin, from Ft. Lauderdale.

Here's the transcript, if you want to follow along:

H: Hey, Justin, you're on the air in Ft Lauderdale.
    Pleasantries are exchanged, and Justin moves pawn to Q4:
    J: Listen, why are you so jaded, all of a sudden?
    H: Jaded?
    J: Yeah, you're bitching about everything, man. It's not all about new subscribers, they're just trying to put on a product, right?
    H: No, it is about new subscribers. Let me tell you something, Justin, you don't know this business.
    Robin: If you ever say anything around here about anything, they say, 'How many subscribers will it get us?'
    H: Listen, the company has a bottom line. How many... Listen, I'm not here for my health, I'm here because I bring in subscribers. This [sic] seems like there's a lot of people who are here who don't bring in any subscribers, and that's what I got a beef with.
    J: I understand
    H: Studio 54 night, who's that bringing in? Did, did you get to go?
    J: No, but it's just something different that they're offering, something unusual.
    H: Offering to who?
    J: Dude, for the past 4 years you've been crying...
    H: How do you get... How does that help the listener... how does that help me get a subscriber?
    J: The subscribers will come, the word's out there.
    H: The word is out that there's Studio 54 night and now they're all going to subscribe?
    J: No, about Sirius and...
    H: That got the word out about Sirius, how? Did you hear anything about Studio 54 night? If you didn't work here, would you know about that? No.
    J: Yeah, it was online, I saw it online.
    H: Oh, you did? All right, well there you go. OK, so it worked, I'm wrong. I'm wrong, Justin, you're right, you know better.
    J: How, how long was [sic] Sirius and XM running side by side before the merger? 2 years?
    H: Yes
    J: OK, don't you think those XM subscribers would have jumped ship to Sirius to heard, to hear you? [ Next 2 seconds are slurred, unclear. Sounds like "Midnight logged" Context suggests "They might've wronged" but it didn't sound like that to me] you, but come on, dude, you have a nice contract, let it go.
    H: Let it... let go that I'm not, I'm not being paid on my contract? Are you fuckin' high?
    J: Well, you're trying to came, claim all these subscribers from XM but the fact is they were ... [caller tried to continue, but Howard stomped on him]
    H: Asshole, get it through your thick, fucking head, and believe me, I hope you're not on the jury, because, first of all, there would be no fuckin' Sirius XM without us coming over here, Sirius would have been gone. It's not that I brought them in...
    [Howard talks over the caller at this point for a few seconds, caller is indistinct] in the sense that I went out and asked them to come in. The fact that our company is strong, and we had millions of subscribers and we were passing XM, forced them to the table, you fuckin' jackass.
    J: I... [Howard interrupts]
    H: Fuck off, asswipe. What do you think I'm playing a fuckin' game here with you, this morning? You cunt. Sit home.
    J: Jackass.
    H: Fucker.
    J: And listen, can I sit in the Artie's chair for a day?
    H: No, you're a fuck. You're a fucking asshole who's trying to get under my skin.
    J: Well no, but I ... Dude, I've been following you from the beginning.
    H: I don't care. Stop following me.
    J: Yeah, you don't care, that's your problem ...
    H: [ Talking over the caller's voice at this point] That's right, I don't care. I don't give a shit about you.
    J: [Indistinct raised voice]
    H: Fuck off.
    J: Get some new material.
    H: Fuck you.
    J: You fucking ass.
    H: Fuck off, fuck off, Cancel your subscription right now, cunt.
    J: Baba Booey, later.
    H: Fuck off, Baba Booey your asshole.
    R: Oh, my goodness, that's one of the fans.
    H: That's my fan ...
    R: ha, ha, ha, ha, ha
    H: ... doesn't comprehend. [ Long pause as if H is flipping page of the script] It's irrelevant. [Medium pause] If someone offered me a, a, a contract and said, "Hey, it's based on subscriptions, that's how you get paid." [Medium pause] I don't give a shit how they got here. They're here. [long pause]
    H: Good lord.

Original Run time: 3:21
    Fan Edit Run Time: 6:47

12. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The whole time Howard was talking about American Idol is because he was gunning for the job.

That's whhe he got suddenly so angry with the caller when she stated the fact that listerners had no interest in the show (after Howard made the lame attempt to explain why it was the most interesting thing ever)

That's also why he blew up at Ellen for saying she didn't want to work with him on the show. Howard used to wear the fact that vanilla main stream entertainers were afraid to work with him as a badge of honor. Why was he mad at Ellen? It's because may have derailed his long term plan of retiring from radio at the end of the first contract (end of 2010) and becoming a tv only personality.

He also probably doesn't like being reminded how much the show misses Artie

13. Elisa Jane

Reputations:
    Yeah- and the thing that made him LOSE IT- the thing that turned him into a whining cunty bitch was when she mentioned Artie. That was interesting. I wonder why that set him off- it's like he felt guilty or accused.

14. Elisa Jane

Reputations:
    Honestly I don't think any real callers get through anymore. It always seems to be some "star struck" girl who worships Howard. I think they pay these people to call in and tell Howard how awesome he is. It is getting really hard for me to even listen to the show anymore. The show pisses me off so much lately and I don't like getting upset.

Also- thanks Wishman for the transcript of that EPIC call- that Justin is awesome!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  15. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Member

Reputations:
    The "I was at Friday's AGT taping..." calls are certainly bought and paid for. Hell, they're scripted, as well.

Fuck Buchwald.

16. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The Dina call I didn't hear live--I kind of gave up listening to the show by that point and heard about the call by reading Mark's friggin. I have a faint urge to download a show randomly to hear just what the show has degenerated to these days. But it was a last gasp of reality and that's something that Hoard can't take. He never could.

In the exchange he himself admits that he didn't "bring in" the XM subscribers, the companies merged. If he didn't write it in the original contract that it didn't matter how they joined, then he's got no case. A frivolous "fuck you, daddy" lawsuit by a guy whose estimation of himself just gets lower every day.

As for the "Artie" mention pissing him off, you're probably right--he only realized after the guy had left what a huge gaping hole he had to fill, but his ego wouldn't let him--the Stern show was always more about other staff members than himself by the turn of the millenium.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  17. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    that dina one is fuckign great... hes going on about being an american idol judge... knowing now that he got passed over is the icing on this cake

18. C.I.A-Hole

C.I.A-Hole Resident Jackass VIP

Reputations:
    It's really sad what the show has become, I try to listen, but first mention of the Fag talent contest and I am out.

19. Box of Rox

Box of Rox Turgid member VIP

Reputations:
    Here's another... Isaac definitely was getting under his skin however I'm not certain that he was intentionally trying to tweak Howard or not..

20. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    I was disappointed that Howard bailed on the caller today. I wish he would just suck it up once in a while and do a real battle with a caller. Even I am beginning to tell when a call is gonna get the ax before anything comes of it.