Iron Man 3--will Wigward go nuts over this movie?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Robert Higgins, May 5, 2013.

1. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Saw Iron Man 3 last night in 3D IMAX and it is really good. But I have a couple of observations:

1-It's a darker Tony Stark, less jokey but Robert Downey, Jr. is still great
    [​IMG]

2_Gwyneth Paltrow is in no way at all hot or sexy
    [​IMG]

The movie has already made $175 million in the US, 2nd most ever.

Did Wigward get an advance screener?

[video=youtube;aV8H7kszXqo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV8H7kszXqo[/video]

2. Groucho Marx

Groucho Marx Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If the new Iron Man suit has beer can thick crotch armor, Howard will love it.

3. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Saw it on friday, It was a great start to the summer movie season.. The movie was not perfect but a great Robert and Ben made up for it with some great/fun acting.

Did anyone else besides me find it funny that this movie had dozens or REAL Iron Man non CG helmets and props in it?? Remember when Howard the Fag was all over jon favreau for a prop helmet only to have John tell him that Iron Man was 100% CG?

Well sucks for Howard that jon favreau is no longer calling the shots because there was an actual suit in this movie that howard could have begged for

4. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Depends on how much they're paying him. Howard's opinions are for sale and always have been.

5. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    Warning Spoilers below

The second movie was a POS borefest. This one was better but it was one of the movies the more you think about it afterwards the more holes you will fnd in it.

The Mandarin could have been something great but they wasted all the potential for the sake of a joke that really wasnt necessary.

Combining the Mandarin, AIM and the Extremis stories together was a little much.

The army of Iron Men is overkill and makes the suits look weak as they are gettting thier asses kicked.

Not only does it seem like everyone gets to wear the armor at some point but it still seems really easy for anyone to take control over it by remote. Until the end of course when it was necessary for the plot for Rhodes to not be able to wear it then suddeny they are all only coded to Tony.

Jarvis had no trouble mid battle locating Pepper so Stark could find her but 5 minutes later attacks her because he couldnt tell the difference between her and the other Extremis soldiers?

The suit itself being able to come by remote to Stark would have been better if the suit came as a whole and opened up for him. For it to fly to him in pieces was cool in the lab but to think that pieces like the mask would have enough tech and propellant to fly all the way from Tennesee to Miami on its own was ridiculous.

Stark spent months trapped in a cave after being tortured by insurgents, spent another year or so on the verge of death from the reactor in his chest but after falling out of the wormhole in the Avengers (unconscious at the time by the way) is suddenly suffering from PTSD?

It did have its good points.

It actually had a story unlike Iron Man 2
    Taking Favreau out of the directors chair was good. Taking him out of the movie after 20 minutes was even better.
    Paltrow looked good in the sports bra
    Stark was funny when he needed to be and serious when he needed to be.
    The Mandarin was great until he came out of the bathroom
    I probably should have but I didnt see the Mya turn coming
    Guy Pearce was good
    The 3D added to it but didnt overwhelm it to distraction unlike what looks like is happeing in the new Star Trek trailer

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  6. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    And after basing the entire trailer on the Mandarin, handling like they did was an insult to the audience.

7. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard will come in tomorrow having not seen it because he was too busy, but he really wanted to! And "why can't the movie studios not send me screeners, Robin?" ... which will kill 20 minutes....

8. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    They clued you in if you paid attention in the trailer the phrase "you won't see me coming" was a mantra. I liked that it took a big shit on all the previous over the top to screen chewing Hollywood villains, especially the Nolan Batard villains

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  9. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Well, they've been building up the Ten Rings thing since the first movie. And we're supposed to think the "coming" line is significant? There were other problems too. In the first one, his armor takes a tank shell and crashes to the ground with only a few scratches. In this one, it gets destroyed with ease. And why throw punches at someone who can melt through your armor? Wouldn't it make more sense to back off and fire? I guess I just think about this stuff so much the movie becomes a chore to watch...

10. AcquiringSignal

AcquiringSignal Girthy VIP

Reputations:
    So Howard didn't see it but homeward bound Robin saw the 3D version in a theater. Huh.