Ironic Howard/Alison award

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by noname2, Jul 31, 2013.

1. noname2

noname2 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I found this looking for other things...

(2-11-97) ROMANCE CLASSICS announces its pick for the
    most romantic couple of 1997:

Howard and Alison Stern
    WOODBURY, N.Y.--(ENTERTAINMENT WIRE)--Feb. 10, 1997--ROMANCE CLASSICS, the premiere television network devoted entirely to romance, today announced its pick for the Most Romantic Couple of 1997: Howard and Alison Stern.

The selection was made against the following criteria: strength and longevity of the relationship; outstanding demonstration of dedication to the relationship; clear and utter devotion between partners; and the best chance for success in the future.

Howard and Alison beat out other romantic notables for the following reasons:

-- In the face of endless temptation, Howard's commitment to Alison has never wavered.
    -- In spite of his shocking public persona, Alison's love for Howard has remained true.
    -- Howard's frequent public declarations of his love for Alison.
    -- Alison's support of Howard throughout the many phases of his career.

Howard and Alison Stern were college sweethearts. They have been married for 18 years, and faithful to one another for over 20 years. The couple has three children.

Howard has commented often on his wife and their relationship. Below are some examples.

[​IMG]"Within a week after our relationship began, I knew I was going to marry her. We would tell each other that we're going to be like those old people, growing old together. And it was true. Every time I reject another Penthouse pet, that vision gets sharper and truer."

"Meeting a beautiful girl like Alison was the most incredible highlight of my miserable life. I was so punch drunk from getting knocked around by women that I couldn't even imagine someone this dynamic would be into me."

"Alison has stuck with me through thick and thin, has never cared about material things or put pressure on me, and loved me even before I had a radio show."

"The amazing thing about me is that even in my sex dreams I can't cheat on Alison."

Kate McEnroe, president of ROMANCE CLASSICS, said: "If you've listened to Howard's show, watched him on E! or read his books, you have discovered a side of him that is truly romantic. It demonstrates that romance doesn't always come bundled in hearts and flowers."

ROMANCE CLASSICS is a 24-hour, commercial-free entertainment service devoted entirely to romance. The programming features a mix of classic films and musicals; popular mini-series and teleplays; adaptations of romantic literature; and original lifestyle programs focusing on the issues that are most important to women, particularly love, family and relationships. Note: Quotes are from Howard Stern Private Parts.

2. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Let me guess. They never argued?

3. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    1997 was during the time that Howard had checked out of his family responsibilities and stuck Alison with raising the kids while he and Ralph hung out in the basement chatting on Compuserve with Jessica Hahn.

4. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    No, they argued all the time. Alison could go toe to toe with Howard and call him out on his BS. She is the only chick the grounded him.
    With Beth, he is just a delusional asshole b/c she sucks his ass (literally and figuratively) all the time.

5. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I am pretty sure that the Romance Classics Channel format lasted about as long as Howard's and Allison's marriage beyond 1997. It eventually became WE. I think they abandoned the Romance Classics moniker around 2000.

6. Dlist

Reputations:
    Can someone tweet this article to Howard AND Beth?? PLEASE???

7. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    What exactly do you tell your wife and friends about being locked in a basement with a known homosexual?

8. Dlist

Reputations:
    "Robin, I was working on the show":facepalm:

9. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Does "I was working with my glam team" sound bad?

10. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's what made it a perfect marriage. He stopped poisoning his family with his negative bullshit and allowed them to have a real father figure - their nanny.

11. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This was about the time he emailed teri hatcher and told her if she was his girlfriend, he'd
    like to have her in the doggy position.

12. Dlist

Reputations:
    Also ironic is that the 'condom' incident was one year earlier.

13. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    Great post KellyB. :hat:

14. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Having had many gay friends over the years when I had a basement, I just yelled up I'll be downstairs with (insert name here). :dontknow:

15. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I was just about to look up and see if this, "Award" was publicity for PP.

16. Dlist

Reputations:
    I hope Howard has an epiphany at some point and realized that Alison was the love of his life and f*ed it up. She was a chick that married him when he had no money, she was able to have an intelligent conversation with him, and she actually wanted him home every night.

Beth---married him b/c he was famous & had money, can have no conversations except about kittens & puppies, & couldn't give a crap less about spending time with him....red carpets & Hamptons parties are more important.

17. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    "We're working on the aquarium"