IRS Agent That Called Stern Put On Leave, Woman Whose Info Was Broadcast Considering Legal Options

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, May 20, 2015.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    BOSTON (CBS) – A Cape Cod woman says the IRS is to blame after her personal information was broadcast on the Howard Stern show. “No one should go through something like this,” she says.

The woman, who did not want her face shown or name used, says it all began when she called the IRS to iron out a tax issue.

“I started to receive phone calls and text messages from all over the country informing me that the information I was discussing with the IRS agent was being aired on the Howard Stern show.”

A portion of what she thought was a private call was in fact being transmitted via satellite to millions of listeners, including her personal phone number.

“As soon as I heard of this information I just started to quiver, and had what I would call an out of body experience,” she says. “I couldn’t believe it at first I thought it was a joke.”

The IRS agent was apparently on another line with the Stern show at the same time, but didn’t seem to realize he was on the air.

In a statement to WBZ, the IRS said, “We are aware of this troubling situation, and we are currently reviewing the matter. The IRS takes the confidentiality of taxpayer information very seriously, and we have high standards that we expect and require employees to follow.”

“A special agent informed me that in fact what I had explained was accurate, that the agent that I had spoken with initially was sent home on administrative leave and that the case was under investigation,” the woman said.

The woman says the damage has been done. She’s gotten a slew of prank calls from Stern listeners and is now considering getting a lawyer.

“My phone number is out there, my personal conversation and I just feel terribly violated and I feel like I’m in jeopardy that my credit information might be out there and I’m just totally devastated.”

Ever since this happened the woman says she’s been a nervous wreck. In fact, she can’t even eat; she says she thought she was speaking to somebody she could trust, but that clearly was not the case.

codeine, sadface, ilovebacon and 3 others like this.
  2. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
  3. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    I didn't ask these people to call my show, Robin...GET OF MY PHONE!!!! I can't be held responsible for this, right Robin? Robin??????

Margos, BeerCanThick, Ingens and 3 others like this.
  4. pickles3000

pickles3000 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
  5. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    As a penalty they should show Wiggys tax info from the last 10 years. Show that he isn't a man of the people as he says.

"We can sue the IRS Howard, but it probably won't be successful."

"DAMN IT DON, WHAT DO I PAY THOSE COCK SUCKER ATTORNEY'S FOR?!"

BeerCanThick and Shortwave98 like this.
  6. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...i guess the dump button didnt work that day. people really need to leave howards board alone when the show is dark.

7. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    "You know what to do...you know...what...to do"
    [​IMG]

8. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    "Slew" of prank calls? Stern listener(s) (plural)?

That's the fake story, Robin.

Robin? Robin?

9. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    As long as this woman's a registered Republican, Lois Lerner doesn't give a fuck.

kingship and Ingens like this.
  10. Schmoopy

Schmoopy Shit Mult Hunter

Reputations:
    That fucking cunt's retired and has a 6 figure yearly pension.:facepalm:

JameGumb and Head Censor like this.
  11. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    A real caller? Wow, how long ago was this? Howard doesn't know to dump personal info? Maybe he was doodling a generic flower to take home later and color in.

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  12. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    That whore should be in prison.

I want her to go to jail for this.

kingship and AmishGirl like this.
  13. Schmoopy

Schmoopy Shit Mult Hunter

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

14. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    And I would be happy to ... work on that .... :ucoffee:

Shortwave98 and Head Censor like this.
  15. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    jtb11 likes this.
  16. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Just for old times' sake:

Shortwave98 likes this.
  17. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/05/19/irs-agent-broadcasts-local-womans-tax-issues-on-howard-stern/

BOSTON (CBS) – A Cape Cod woman says the IRS is to blame after her personal information was broadcast on the Howard Stern show. “No one should go through something like this,” she says.

The woman, who did not want her face shown or name used, says it all began when she called the IRS to iron out a tax issue.

“I started to receive phone calls and text messages from all over the country informing me that the information I was discussing with the IRS agent was being aired on the Howard Stern show.”

A portion of what she thought was a private call was in fact being transmitted via satellite to millions of listeners, including her personal phone number.

“As soon as I heard of this information I just started to quiver, and had what I would call an out of body experience,” she says. “I couldn’t believe it at first I thought it was a joke.”

The IRS agent was apparently on another line with the Stern show at the same time, but didn’t seem to realize he was on the air.

In a statement to WBZ, the IRS said, “We are aware of this troubling situation,and we are currently reviewing the matter. The IRS takes the confidentiality of taxpayer information very seriously, and we have high standards that we expect and require employees to follow.”
    “A special agent informed me that in fact what I had explained was accurate, that the agent that I had spoken with initially was sent home on administrative leave and that the case was under investigation,” the woman said.

The woman says the damage has been done. She’s gotten a slew of prank calls from Stern listeners and is now considering getting a lawyer.

“My phone number is out there, my personal conversation and I just feel terribly violated and I feel like I’m in jeopardy that my credit information might be out there and I’m just totally devastated.”

Ever since this happened the woman says she’s been a nervous wreck. In fact, she can’t even eat; she says she thought she was speaking to somebody she could trust, but that clearly was not the case.

18. Pickle Jar

Pickle Jar Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Pay your taxes bitch!!

19. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    codeine, A. Genius, Hamster and 2 others like this.
  20. Benjamen

Benjamen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This never would've happened if he just relied on Electric Eel for all pranks.

Nemo likes this.