Is Affleck leaving Batman vs. Superman?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by cia212, Jan 24, 2014.

1. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Rumor has it that Affleck is butting heads with Goyer. Apparently, Goyer’s script was horrible (big surprise) and Ben is threatening to walk if they don't get it fixed and the production back on schedule.

So far, it's just a rumor but production was delayed 10 months already and everyone said Ben was injured - ribs or perhaps even had a broken leg. But he was walking fine at recent award shows so he's probably not in need of a 10 month delay to heal.

2. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    I don't care about comic based movies one way or the other, but even I think he seemed like a horrible, awful choice of actor, in every way. I am more interested in the movie if I don't have to see his smarmy mug

3. cia212

Reputations:
    It's Synder and Goyer I'd like to see gone.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  4. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    A bad comic book movie script? Impossible.

5. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Goyer's Bat contributions were good, Snyder has always sucked.

I missed Man o Steel, dunno, can never relate to every jewish kid's favorite "chosen one" hero.

6. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    I have a feeling that this is going the way of Burton's Superman. I couldn't give a fuck either way, but so far, every thing about this project looks disastrous.

7. Morrisb

Morrisb Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This. Except for the 1st Blade, almost every Goyer script sucks. He's running off the tag of Batman Begins but even a lot of that was Nolan. :coffee:

8. cia212

Reputations:
    Originally, Nolan was supposed to helm the entire DC universe as a creative director/producer the same way Feige is at Marvel. But Nolan got pissed at the studio (and Snyder according to rumors) and left. I think the studio was hoping some of Nolan rubbed off on Goyer - they made a big mistake.

I hope someone gets wise and starts over. I still like Cavill as Supe, but they need to introduce a few more characters in their own movies before launching a JL-type movie. This Bats V. Supe is so bloated! I hear they're in talks to bring in Jason Momoa as Aquaman! The dude isn't even blond, it's like the plot to that season on Entourage.

Clearly, there is no plan at DC. That's what marvel did right. They had a plan for movies that built to the Avengers and it worked amazingly well. The idea worked so well that sub-par movies like IM2 made a fortune.

9. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They should bring back that fruity director that put nipples on Batman. That was some funny shit.

10. Morrisb

Reputations:
    If we're going to blame the creators not the actors, I say bring back Brandon Routh. Affleck is a credible actor now. Daredevil screwed up because the studio changed it. I've seen the Director's Cut.

Aqua Man is suppose to make an appearance. He's pissed over what the world changer did to the fish from Man Of Steel. Batman is leading the UN against Superman. And, Wonder Woman..She's signed up for a 3 picture deal. :jj:

The ONE good thing I like is the actor from Arrow was asked. The show's actually nice. :cool:

11. Morrisb

Reputations:
    I'll take IM2 over IM3 any day. lol

12. cia212

Reputations:
    No doubt. As bad as IM2 was, IM3 was way worse.

13. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I didn't even know they made an Iron Man 3 until the other day. :facepalm: sounds like a fucking cancer.

14. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    They shot their load with IM. I believe Favreau when he says the studio interfered too much in the sequel.

The other problem is that Batman has been done to death. Avengers had smarter people and was cast much better. Batman Begins was as good as the Nolan films ever got.

As for Man of Steel, they were stupid not to include more character exposition, especially the Smallville sections.

As for Affleck, he's done some decent work directing recently; "The Town" was very well done. At this point though, if he's getting paid only to act, he should collect his per diems and just shut the fuck up.

15. cia212

Reputations:
    I somewhat agree, but I also love hearing about the back office fighting going on.

16. cia212

Reputations:
    Arrow can look cheap in some eps but it's miles better than Agents of Shield. And the Flash spinoff just got a new pilot ordered so it will probably debut next fall.