Is anyone else tired as fuck of Family Guy?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Gretsch Man, May 21, 2015.

1. Gretsch Man

Gretsch Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It seems like this show is being shown on some channel at all hours of the night. I used to watch it occasionally, but it got old pretty fast. The old South Park episode where they made fun if it was exactly right, any one of us could write jokes for it and they'd be just as good as what's on now.

Peter: "Remember the time when we took Paul Reubens to dinner at that fancy restaurant?"

*cut to scene with tux wearing Peter sitting in upscale restaurant with Pee Wee Herman acting stupid.*

"American Dad" isn't much better at this point either. I don't even know how "Cleveland Show" got on the air. Enough Seth McFarlane crap.

DuckDong, ElRexican, kingship and 3 others like this.
  2. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No.

But I turn the channel if something is on that I am not interested in.

So.

I have that going for me.

kingship, Skipnoid, SternsEgo and 2 others like this.
  3. beetlejosh

beetlejosh I got a head that's large Gold

Reputations:
    :gig:

bznick and Skipnoid like this.
  4. Skipnoid

Skipnoid Lick Me!

Reputations:
    Giggity.

stanggirl and beetlejosh like this.
  5. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    This is an easy one. Stop watching. Btw I'm not trying to be a dick I stopped watching that show 7 years ago.

sino8r likes this.
  6. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    The show jumped the shark before it even made it to reruns on Adult Swim.

Season 3 was the last good one. It got resurrected from cancellation once, twice was just bound to be bad.

As for American Dad I don't know how anyone made it through a single episode of that crap. Pure shit from the beginning.

AllAboutHim Ed and Gretsch Man like this.
  7. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I gave up on he show about 3 years ago or so. It can have its moments and I like some of the characters, but the writing has been hacky and terrible.

8. PuffyArizonaCheeseFart

PuffyArizonaCheeseFart Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The show is a shadow of its former self but I'm kind of still glad it's still around. I'll binge watch it for a few days, then say to myself "I've seen enough of that", slip the whore her pill, and take a break from it for another year or so.

9. codeine

codeine Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I rarely watch any new episodes but I have a majority of the seasons on DVD and I'll watch the shit out of them when I'm in bed. Family Guy, Ametican Dad, & The Simpsons DVDs all get watched before bedtime. My wife hates me. When I'm sick... I really love it because it's 2 days straight of watching those DVDs.

Gretsch Man likes this.
  10. Queefinout

Queefinout Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Seth seems pretty talented but kinda fucked it up with milking all his cartoons, which I think kinda taints his reputation.

11. JumboWop

JumboWop Outlaw Gold

Reputations:
    lol, irony.

12. Gretsch Man

Reputations:
    I know what you mean. I usually spend an hour or two in bed in headphones watching Netflix on my Kindle before falling asleep. My wife usually doesn't mind.
    I still like watching "Simpsons" too, especially the earlier seasons. That's another thing that cracks me up about "Family Guy," it's such a blatant "Simpsons" ripoff. Like "Webster" level blatant.

codeine likes this.
  13. SternsEgo

SternsEgo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks to my cable provider, only time I see family guy is on sundays, fox. If its on, its on a channel that I don't have. I like american dad, I can only watch it on the web, never liked the cleveland show. I'm sick of the media whores called the kardashians. I swear every fucking channel has them on.

Gretsch Man likes this.
  14. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Eh, I know everyone likes to point this out, but I kind of disagree. Sure, the placement of characters is about the same, but the way they treat the characters couldn't be more converse.

The Simpsons, at its core, is very grounded and genuine, whereas Famly Guy is random and vicious. You wouldn't ever see, say, Homer treat Lisa remotely similar to the way Peter treats Meg, for instance.

Though I'm basing that more on their "prime" years, eventually Homer became an emotionless buffoon and the Simpsons got pretty random, and Family Guy tries to make the Brian/Stewie relationship into some maudlin sentimentality that makes me wretch. The way Stewie's character "evolved" on the whole is the most observable example of how shit the writing became. The evil baby concept was a pretty unique spin on that Simpsons "rip-off", now is he uh... remotely evil anymore?

But anyway, that "core family" paradigm... it only seems worse because we're in the animated realm, think of how many sitcoms or dramas that have the same setups.

Oh, and after watching both that Simpsons FXX marathon last summer and visiting my family and hanging around my little brother who perpetually runs the Netflix with Family Guy on a literal loop, I gotta say, Family Guy got shitty, but no where near as shitty as The Simpsons got. An occasional chuckle vs. 0.0. I want to drag that show out back and put a bullet in its skull.

stanggirl likes this.
  15. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    This

16. Gretsch Man

Reputations:
    Family Guy is definitely more vicious. Did you see the Simpsons crossover episode? A good example is how Stewie started to idolize Bart and copy the stuff he did. When he prank called Moe's, he just yelled "Hey Moe, your sister is being raped" then hung up.

17. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  18. Stevedolphin

Stevedolphin Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It used to be the funniest show I ever saw.Not so much now.