Is Artie going on Stern, or maybe moving the show to Sirius?

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by starlit dreamzz, Jun 10, 2013.

1. starlit dreamzz

starlit dreamzz Active Member

Reputations:
    This morning Artie RT a ton of people all referencing him on the Stern Show and how they miss him and love to listen to his old bits from the show.

I've never really seen him RT stuff like that before.... And he retweeted all of them in a row, and it makes me wonder if there's a reason behind it.

My friend who listens to Jay Thomas told me his friday morning show has been bumped and maybe Artie is going to take over that time slot?

Just a guess.

What do you guys think?

2. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I don't know why he would think Artie is taking over that slot, Howard is basically in a pissing contest with SXM now because he's being a baby about losing his lawsuit (and they're not happy he filed it in the first place). I could see Artie possibly doing something else on SXM, though. If anything I'd say it might be in reference to a future guest spot on THSS, but unless Artie wants to work for shitty plugs I don't see him hosting a Friday show on H101 (Jay even said they dropped him for budgetary reasons, so that means Artie would have to work cheaper than Jay).

Also, just my two cents, but if Howard offered it to him, I hope he turned it down. After those YouTube clips people posted of Howard and Ronnie joking about Artie's suicide attempt, I really believe Stern is one of the shittiest human beings out there.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  3. starlit dreamzz

Reputations:
    Glad you gave your 2 cents, :) that's what I was hoping to get from this thread. I wanted to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions, or any other bits of info floating around because I'm kinda curious what might be going on, and well aware that my initial guesses could be way wrong.

I can't stand Howard and I haven't listened to THSS in forever, so I would be disappointed if Artie affiliated with the show again, but then again maybe he could breathe some new life back into it or act as some sort of reality check and get Howard out of his funk. I know I would be disgusted though to see Artie kissing Howard's ass, because of the numerous horrible ways that Howard has disrespected Artie in my eyes. So I really don't know what I think about it, I just suspect SOMETHING is up.

4. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    I don't twat, but I checked his Quitter page; are the dates of the original twats preserved when he requeets them?

It looks like maybe he was just doing Geno a favor by requeeting him, and decided to (or accidentally) retwatted a few others while he was at it?

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Artie's already on Sirius as far as I know, so it wouldn't be a big deal to move an hour or 3 of him around to fill space on any of the channels, Wig-equipped or otherwise. If Artie does make a groveling return guest appearance on Stern it would make the first time I'd think about listening to that abomination in over a year. Frankly I'm not sure I would even listen; maybe just wait for others to report back. I have a visceral distaste for Stern since he shit all over his own talent, turned into an infomercial, and stopped tolerating funny.

By the way, this might be the 1,000th thread in the Artie forum; not quite sure.

5. starlit dreamzz

Reputations:
    Yes, twitter always puts the date of the original tweet, rather than the date of the rt. He RT quite a few people, enough that I would not think it would be an accident. He even RT'ed our very own Ruffypup in that series.

I agree with you completely on Stern, and I would add "sell-out" to the list, as well as "self-censoring". A shame after all those years fighting the fcc. SMH.

6. starlit dreamzz

Reputations:
    No way?! That's awesome!

:yay::party::toke::dance::booze::beer::cake::dancin::dj:

7. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Yeah you might as well claim it. (I checked the Saloon list and it showed 1,000 exactly; going in yours was the only new thread; but then checking the list again it said 1,003.) Congrats. Still waiting for the cake though. :)

8. Gromit

Gromit New Member

Reputations:
    If Artie moved, would his show be the same format? I love him, but I wish he had someone like Howard (but less of a douche) for Artie to bounce off of. He sort of flounders sometimes (in my opinion) and it makes it kind of uncomfortable to listen to. Just my opinion.

9. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    It's tough; he's the only remotely funny person on a show that often has 4 to 6 voices. He's pulling a lot of dead weight behind him for sure, and he's still trying to "run the show"; he really ought to let Ritchie do that, who, surprisingly, does seem capable of that when called on. Artie's much better in sniper mode.

10. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Uh oh. Artie's been tweeting a bunch of crazy stuff lately and then deleting it. Hopefully he's not sitting in his AP with a belt tied around his arm tweeting stuff he's not supposed to then deleting it when his manager yells at him or something.

11. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    Regarding Twitter: I was just thinking Artie was promoting the radio re-runs that he gets royalties on, but maybe he's had some news about his book coming out and wants to go on Stern soon.

I think it would be a dream if Artie's show could have Norm sitting in the Howard chair, but I guess it can't happen... Unless they had some kind of coast-to-coast video hook-up and then the comedy would be in those 2 old codgers not being able to work with the technology and interrupting each others half sentences...

Hey, for you veterans, I was just wondering if Nick & Artie ever used to make fun of this football coach's interviews back in the earlier days of the show.
    This is the one where he goes on about his team needing to be more like dogs, not cats -

[video=youtube;THcOw8LK55c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THcOw8LK55c[/video]

12. starlit dreamzz

Reputations:
    What kind of stuff did he tweet and delete? Just curious, because I haven't noticed it (I'm not always paying attention to his twitter).

13. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Please share anything interesting with the twat-deprived among us. :)

Is the show off this week? This would be a vacation without a girlfriend, never a good thing for Mister Lange. (Not that he does really well on vacations WITH the girlfriend...)

fatstuff, I don't recall that clip on N&A or anywhere else, but as a cat cohabitor I agree with the general sentiment. ;)

14. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The reason people wrote Artie about old bits is because they've been playing re-runs this week with Artie. Nothing more. Also if they have no money to give Jay Thomas for a Friday show, you think they're gonna have money for Artie? All of Sirius money goes to shit like Entertainment Weekly and Oprah radio.

15. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    It was just a bunch of tweets, nothing too crazy but he usually rarely tweets and there were an avalanche of tweets ( what a stupid fucking word tweet is). I really can't remember what he wrote, I only remember that he posted that old promo video. I don't have a Twitter account I just occasionally will check out a few comedians' twitters to maybe read a few jokes.

I'm sure he's fine but it looks like he deleted everything he was tweeting. DirecTV still says he's on tonight so hopefully all is well.

16. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    It says 3,522 queets since he started ArtieQuitter. Is that possibly correct? That's a whole lot of twattery.

I don't think he's been at it more than 2 years, which means around 5 queets / day?

17. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think that counts all the "retweets" he posts when other people are fucking with him.

18. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    I know, but that's still way, way more twat action than I would have expected out of caveman Art.

19. cwok

cwok Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Im thinking like this.
    //

but I completely understand the reason for this thread. I thought the same thing since Stern was mentioned a few times. I can't recall Artie ever mentioning the Howard stern show via Twitter. And, correct, HE never said THSS, it was mostly retweets --- Which is something else that is kinda strange...

The thing about Arties twitter feed IT IS STRANGE and sporadic - makes me hope that Artie is the man doing it.

-He usually only re-tweets "haters"...
    -consistent posts of random photos, then many more tweets of the same photo with a diff caption.... hasn't happened since n&a tho
    -He used to "FF" right?... He has stopped (Thank god)
    -He'll twitter during live events (rare)
    -He likes plugging Joe Matersee (Fixing it with Joe)
    \\
    Compared to the Bocchetti feed. holy shit nothing but retweets
    -
    btw, I recm'd following Ruffypup. random ruffyness and good RTs of stern related bits too.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  20. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    "FF"?

I'm pretty sure he said recently that he pays someone to use his feed for PR-related twatts but that anything else is from him. I fondly remember the early comedic photos he was posting -- how long did that last? I only check once in a long while. (He did recently post a self-photoshoop of himself as a woman/nun.)

I like Ruffy, but all in all you're giving me a good confirmation that there's still no reason to be "on" twatter. :)