Is Artie's show always complete f'ing trainwreck garbage?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Chuck Kongo, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Chuck Kongo

Chuck Kongo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Or just on the days I pick to listen?

So I give him another listen (after a couple brief listens right after he lost the unfunny dead weight-Nick Dipaolo) now that he's had a couple weeks to get used to being alone and get in a groove presumably and I figure now is a good time....he's made some headlines recently, just got back from the Super Bowl, should have some good stories, it's a Monday, ect., ect.....

So I tried to hang in for the first hour and it's all a bunch of obnoxious yapping back and forth between some "twins" and a bunch of Bubba Love Spong-like douches I've never heard of constantly cackling in the back ground. None of it's funny, there's no context to any of it, it's all inside banter, if you haven't listened to these assholes every second of every day you have no idea whatsoever what they're talking about.

How the fuck do you expect to gain new listeners like that? It's like if someone has never heard the Howard Stern show before (or much of it) and their first introduction is one of those lame hour long Block Party discussions. But it's worse than that fucking hooey.

Artie's show is harrible. It pains me to say that since I wanted him to do well-he was the last shining light on the Stern Show even when he was strung out badly that last year, but he's harrible. He can't carry a show. He needs a sidekick/partner and even that might only bump him up from harrible to bad. He's trying to create a "cast" and they're worse than harrible. I see no future for this trainwreck.

2. imgod700

imgod700 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I like it............ its the bear thing on radio right on, but that's not saying much

3. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    Is he still doing that AWFUL shit where he has the twins sing songs they don't know or read dialog from movies they never saw...as he insults them because they're not doing it well? That's some great radio right there...two retard sisters trying to read a script with monotonous voices as a loud mouth fake Guinea yells about how much they suck.

I tried listening the first week he was without Nick, but it was painfully bad.

4. EasyJesus

EasyJesus Pappy Gold

Reputations:
    It depends what he is doing, I agree the forced stuff with the twins is painful but his interviews are pretty good, especially Oderus from Qwar the other week

5. Chief Macho

Chief Macho Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    yeah, it is. i was a fan until he made this comeback. now i don't like him much. he just isn't doing good work. his interviews are embarrassing. he is censored and unfunny. i wish he would have retired to Italy.

6. psyllium husk

psyllium husk New Member

Reputations:

:shit: for calling Nick dead weight .. if you even listened to the show before they went on direct tv .. i thought was some of the best radio i heard in awhile. When the twins first started to appear on the show. Nick was the one not wanting them there .. give him some credit for at least that

7. Chuck Kongo

Chuck Kongo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I just don't like Nick...never have...have never found him funny, and his constant fake gasping laugh drives me crazy.

However, I will admit the Nick & Artie show, the times I did listen to it were a hundred times better than this hideous trainwreck mess of obnoxious unfunny people all talking over each other that is the Artie Lange show.....

8. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ok folks!

9. gridlockd

gridlockd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I saw a clip the other day and he shoehorned a scene from The Godfather into the conversation. I can't believe he's still doing that.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  10. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:
    Da Mund

[​IMG]

11. thegame310

thegame310 Member

Reputations:
    I really enjoyed last nights show, but I can see how someone who doesnt listen every night could be lost and hate it.

12. gridlockd

gridlockd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    SOunds like he's trying to re-create the schtick he had with the wackpackers like ETM or Crazy Alice.

13. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits VIP

Reputations:
    Artie has done one successful thing in his career...Filling in for jackie on The Howard Stern Show..that is it. His standup blows...his movies are terrible..his football picks are even worse..didn't read his book but I'm sure that isn't very good either. He can be a likeable guy when he is just telling stories but when he tries to be funny it just isn't.

14. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't even know how to get the Artie show, but it reminds me of the Dee Snyder show here in Richmond way back when. They had at least a dozen designated laughers in the background and I turned it on one time for about 5 minutes and that's all I could take. Dee would say something like "The President sure is a dumbass, how bout that President?" and the designated laughers would convulse on cue.

15. Icculus

Icculus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    it's not funny. it's not informative. it's not intelligent. horrible cast of characters. HORRIBLE guests.

16. RickAndMartie

RickAndMartie Member

Reputations:
    I think it's a great compliment to the stern show. When Howard's show gets too pussy and PC, Artie always counters back with some low brow immature, offensive stuff to get me back down to earth.

17. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    People who hate Artie are in such Pathos. They hate him because his exit from the show heralded the shitty pc Howard stern show we all crap on in the daily listening thread. Pretty much every thread here on the Saloon.

18. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    hate to say it and admit but I liked when Nick was on there better, the show is bland now and I hate all the guest co-hosts, the music acts are painful to hear...
    Alot of the past laughter was when Nick and Artie disagreed and argued...

19. Sharrack

Sharrack Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Waaaaaay better now.......Artie is a master storyteller and off the cuff funnyman.
    love the new show.......

20. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Enjoy

[video=youtube;JdXtq-GLOj0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JdXtq-GLOj0[/video]