Is Benji contributing?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by somedude61, Jan 18, 2012.

1. somedude61

somedude61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The show as has really really really sucked for the last couple of weeks and it seems Howard is lax on the witty comebacks. Is Benji just not submitting stuff to Howard any more? And if is he is how using it or just ignoring it? If Howard is using Benji's shit comments then Benji is probably the worst comedy writer ever.

2. starlit dreamzz

starlit dreamzz Active Member

Reputations:
    Sometimes I think Benji is the only one contributing.

3. Shvoogie Button

Shvoogie Button Member

Reputations:
    Everyone there thinks Benjy is unfunny.... why does Howard keep him around????

Is it to be intentionally ironic... eg a correspondent should be a smooth talker.... so do the opposite and have Stuttering John. Funny, I get it.

But is Benjy an attempt to be intentionally ironic -- a comedy writer that is not just not funny... but actually unfunny.

Very weird...

Bzzzzz

4. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Benji is worthless... he is about as helpful as Peter Griffin eating a bag of chips during WW2

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  5. jordan3000

jordan3000 New Member

Reputations:
    Benji is not worthy to write material for Howard. He is cheap,, lazy and arrogant... he is no Jackie or fifth rate artie....The trouble is we have had great writers in the past on the show....now...the main players are waiting for the clock to run out.. When is the last time Fred wrote a parody song... How about Black Jeopardy or Guess Whos the Jew..even the staff making NFL Playoff bets....

6. Just Peachy

Just Peachy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Did anyone like Benjy in the horse costume? Maybe I was out of it at the time, but I think I laughed at that.

7. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    I don't think I laughed. :D

8. Cawn

Cawn Active Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, those were a safe bet the show would go past 11:00. They use to really get cranked up with any gambling segment and it was great radio. Now I'm just getting depressed... Fuck, I need a kitten.

9. Vdrummer35

Vdrummer35 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    benji works like howard?
    very little and often not.
    howards paving the way for everyone there to fail.

10. Jack Shit

Jack Shit Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    Speaking of Benji, you know that old bit where he pretends to be Bill Clinton and has phone sex with the woman in the nursing home? I was watching this great movie the other night, Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans, starring... Niggerless Cage, and there's this scene where Niggerless Cage is pumping an old black nurse for info on the whereabouts of her son... and I suddenly recognized that voice.

11. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    Sure, he contributes...By getting his "girlfriend" as much airtime as he possibly can.

12. beetlejosh

beetlejosh I got a head that's large Gold

Reputations:
    JD should cum all over Benjy's Beshert!

13. Cawn

Cawn Active Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Benjy writes the funny :nutz:

14. UnElegant 1

UnElegant 1 Member

Reputations:
    You mean you miss Howard stopping whatever the discussion is so he can issue a lame line about something mentioned 10 minutes before?

15. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Much as with Jackie before him, I have to assume he is contributing SOMETHING to the show, and that Howard is managing to insert lame one liners with skill. He did it with Jackie's crap writing, apparently, somehow spinning hack emanations into gold. But since Bronkus doesn't have Jackie's "ho ho" stupidass "tell" when the jokes are read, it's harder to determine. To all outward appearances, neither "writer" contributes anything. Benjy's never struck as particularly funny in other venues either. (But I'd still take him over Martling any day.)

But you're right; either way the show has been dull lately.

Please go on -- do you mean that clips were used, or that it was the same actress? Ever since BethSucks pointed out how the Asian lady is the same person in the "Smokey Martling" call and the "Clock Shop" call, I've become fascinated with the phony, phony phone calls.

16. Jack Shit

Reputations:
    I swear to god, it's the same actress. Look at BL:pOCNO and judge for yourself. An hour or so into the movie, Niggerless Cage is looking for a murder suspect and hunts up the suspect's mom who is a nurse to a rich white lady. The voice is unmistakeable.

Even if you don't give a shit about the above, the movie is fantastic so your time will be well spent.

17. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    I assume you mean this scene?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiGsS5JIJ-M

W
    ow, that IS good. I had heard that this movie was so-awful-it's-good, and I guess that's true.

As to the voice, though, she sounds very familiar/generic, like many black southern women of that age... I'd have to listen to the Benjy clip again.

18. Jack Shit

Reputations:
    Yep, that's the one.

The movie isn't awful-it's-great, it's just flat out great. "You're the fucking reason this country's going down the drain." :c