Is Bloomberg really that great?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by OCDlikeaMF, Dec 22, 2013.

1. OCDlikeaMF

OCDlikeaMF Active Member

Reputations:
    I came across this article. Was Bloomberg a good mayor? Howard praises Bloomberg for saving NYC. This article says otherwise. I suspect Howard is the type of guy he claims to be smarted than. He watches alot of Fox News. He supports Bloomberg, Guiliani and Christie. But he swears he is a Hillary fan, which is the polar opposite than his buddies.

http://gawker.com/michael-bloomberg..._source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

2. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    gawker is the source of e-drecht: it has no need or requirement to be accurate and does not appear to pursue either.

years ago, for work i had to visit nat. enquirer's offices. they showed me the paste up rooms where in their words "we make up the news"

if the national enquirer had a real online presence, it would be gawker.

that said, the article tries to claim Mike was really a total fuck up for NYC, which does not appear to be correct. i could refute the points gawker presents individually, but why bother? for example, gawker claims Bloomberg failed by not renegotiating new contracts with the city's unions. no other outgoing mayor has ever done that because it is inappropriate for the outgoing mayor to incur expenses for his replacement without his replacement's input. gawker is misleading the readers by implying that leaving this task for DiBlasio is a bad thing, when it is traditionally the first task of an incoming mayor to demonstrate his ability to manage the city.

i interpret the article to be an early attempt at making excuses for when DiBlasio drives the city into bankruptcy again (as he did years ago when he elected Dinkins)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  3. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    You really think that Giuliani and Bloomberg are the polar opposite of Hillary?

4. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    he's a fascist cunt who's continuing to make a once great city a bourgeois embarrassment.

in short, he's everything critics feared giuliani was.

5. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    but that's not answering the question. the OP is asking if the article is correct.

6. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard's opinions aren't worth shit. I heard a clip on the Shuffle recently from shortly after Bloomberg's election. Howard was complaining that the quality of life in the city had gone to hell and said Bloomberg needed to call Giuliani and find out how things should be done.

7. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    This^

8. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    i'm not here to answer questions. :pissed:

9. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Article comes off as some hipster shitbird bitching about "fairness" and "inequality" (code-words for minorities can't afford to live in NYC), all at the same time he's probably part of the gentrification of either Brooklyn or Queens. :rolleye:

Bloomberg only came off as an annoying douche in his 3rd term with his nanny stuff. Other than that he was a good mayor.

10. Phantom Lord

Phantom Lord Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I agree. Howard also said the main reason he voted for Obama is if Obama has to select a new Supreme Court Justice he will select someone who is Pro-Choice on abortion. I guess Howard assumes that if Romney would have been elected there is a chance he could get a new judge in there to reverse Roe vs. Wade (because that would be so easy to do). What 60 year-old man thinks like that and is one issue voter?

11. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    i don't like the guy. i never have, even before he was mayor i didn't like dealing with his company because they all behave like he does with his "my way or the highway" attitude. that said, i have lived through far worse mayors: Lindsay, Beam, Dinkins all were infinitely worse for NYC. Before Bloomberg decided he had the right to change the rules to suit his desires by changing the term limits just for him, in comparison to the others he wasn't so bad. unfortunately his third term set the stage for the next David Dinkins and Mike deserves all the blame for the damages that will bring.

12. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    Howard is an ass. Thats why people used to like him.

13. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I can say w certainty that his daughter is a piece of ass

14. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    i haven't been up to NYC in over a year. we enjoyed our trip because it would seem the "quality of life" issues were under control. the streets were clean (at least where we stayed) and the homeless weren't in your face, in fact, i didn't see any. go forward a year and a half and i have friends who are saying the homeless problem seems to be getting bad once again.
    bloomberg was a good mayor for business and construction and crime was under control. he made NYC an attractive place to visit.
    i'm afraid diblasio is really going to fuckup(although choosing bratton as police commissioner isn't as bad as i thought it would be).
    bloomberg was a nag and a scold. a prissy "know it all".

15. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    the majority of diBlasio's constituents are those near homeless.

16. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Giuliani saved NYC. Bloomberg rode his contrails on what Rudy built. The new guy sacked the police chief that was critical to Rudy's success. That city's screwed.

its like someone builds the best tree house ever, then moves out and a decent person moves in for a while, maintaining the place... Then come hippie moves in and let's the place go to shit.

17. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    Translation:

1. To many limos taking celebrities around town making Ronnie's job harder.
    2. Safer NYC meant more celebs and more paparazzi around Howard's building
    3. Safer NYC also meant more international businessman buying condos, dont speak ing-leash well and who take up tables at expensive restaurants.

18. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    3a. more non-resident businessmen owning property who are unable to vote. money flows into the city, but they do not change the balance of political power

19. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    Each of you can answer "was he great?" based on your answer to this:
    Bloomberg was great if you're a full-grown baby who needs his ass wiped and told what to eat and drink every day by a politician who doesn't give one shit about you, but pretends to for his own personal gain. :hat: (and dont get confused, Im not talking about the liar Obama)

[​IMG]

20. Box of Rox

Box of Rox Turgid member VIP

Reputations:
    I couldn't agree more.

its really sad what has happened to this city over the last 20 years of Guiliani and. Bloomberg. I see nothing but Duane Reeds, cops, camaras and high rise luxury buildings on every Corner in this wretched place.

What was once a city of free thought and expression has sadly become a law and order lock down corporate Disneyland.