Is Dawg that good?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chuk, Jun 24, 2012.

1. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Or is Mutt that retarded? Forget about the content, mods, censorship, etc. for a minute. How is it that SFN is such a technical steaming pile of crap, and Dawg's looks like a highly polished professional site? He's had a decade to work on that thing, and it looks worse now than it did back then. If the difference is just in the software, then why would Mutt stick with that POS? However, I have a feeling this is a case of "it's not the horse, it's the jockey". I'll hang up and listen to your response.

2. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Do the truffle shuffle

3. exarro

exarro New Member

Reputations:
    yes, mutt is a fucking moron.

4. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    sometimes a cigar is just a cigar

5. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Mutt was always an asshole, there was no alternative site to go to for years, but now Thank God there is. Too bad Stern is such a non entity in show biz right now, but the good thing is he is a laughing stock.

Dawg is a good guy and he has good people behind him. He's not a butt hurt bully like Mutt is.

6. Krusty

Krusty New Member

Reputations:
    Not trying to be an apple polisher but it just seems like Dawg cares about his site. He's asked for feedback many times about the features and look of the site .

7. TriumphVodka

TriumphVodka New Member

Reputations:
    Mutt has many projects and initiatives going on.

8. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Asshole is one thing. Incompetent is another. Maybe building dawgsaloon is a lot harder than it looks and Dawg is that good, and Mutt isn't really to blame for having such a POS. But then again, he's had a lot longer to figure it out, so that would point more towards Mutt being retarded. Or maybe it is both.

9. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
  10. DogStar69

Reputations:
    Mutt started to think he was better than his site. When Howard told him to shut it down he did, it was for a stupid useless upgrade that too long, but he didn't tell the people that. Mutt thinks he can piss on people and they will take it because he was the only game in town for so long. Howard only gave him a show to keep SFN in line as much as he could. A site is only as good as it's members.

I used to belong to a forum (not Stern related) that used to be fun and I spent a lot of time there, then they started banning people and suspending people's accounts for a week and they ruined it. Once the good fun people leave it's hard to get it going again.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  11. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    But I believe Mutt cared about his site at one point. Why is it that Dawg's can subtly add new features and evolve without much notice, whereas SFN has to plan an upgrade for 3 years, take the site down for a month, and then fuck it up worse. I know it is easy to beat up Mutt here, but I am serious. It boggles my mind what a pile of crap that site is (even content aside) compared to here.

12. JDDaBadAhz

JDDaBadAhz Active Member

Reputations:
    Problems are created by man, Dawg solves them by man. This is the greatest show on earth. What about the shit show? (that's mutt)

13. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    But that only really explains the content side of things. How in the hell can he not get his technical shit together after a DECADE? The site still goes down for DAYS at a time.

14. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    I remember years back early in the Sirius era there was a rival Stern forum that wanted in on the SFRT and Howard let him and Mutt debate it out.

Why isn't Dawg inivited on the show?

To me, the biggest sin was taking down the forum during one of the most important weeks on the show, perhaps in Stern show history.

Howard has a history of making big announcements before vacation, particularly before Christmas vacation.

And to pull the plug that week when Howard had more than 200 days off last year was particularly bad.

15. DogStar69

Reputations:

He cared when he got talk about a $1 million offer, which I doubt was ever on the table. Mutt prolly thought it was worth more.

Did he really care. I used to post there a lot and sometimes I didn't see him post at all for weeks at a time.

16. JDDaBadAhz

JDDaBadAhz Active Member

Reputations:
    Shit in shit out.

[​IMG]

17. Krusty

Krusty New Member

Reputations:
    I joined SFN in 2008 and I've never had any contact with Mutt so I'm not going to attack him personally . But from my perspective , Mutt always seemed too busy to mingle with his members . He would usually start his weekly thread about his show and that was about it . Maybe come on to read people the riot act but not too much of a regular poster. It's possible that he had too much going on in his real life to care about his website .The constant bitching by Howard was the icing on the cake and Mutt gave up .

18. Mills

Mills Active Member

Reputations:
    Dawg and Mutt are the same guy, Mutt is just the character he plays on the Stern show.

[​IMG]

19. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    /heavy Texas drawl

WHYYYYYyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiii Dawg's so good.... I once saw him not only chase his tail....but catch it too.....S'why he's married to this day...:hat:
    /end drawl:c

20. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    For instance (and maybe this has always been there) I noticed on the main page when there is a thread I have posted in, there is a tiny square of my avatar superimposed over the OP's. SFN would have been in beta for 12-18 months, and then taken down completely for 2 weeks just to add this functionality in.