Is Gilbert Officially Around at this point?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Ronniecheated, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Ronniecheated

Ronniecheated Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So I cant remember last time Gilbert was on the show maybe October 2012? I thought ok so maybe he hasn't had anything recent to promote but he did the celebrity wife swap with Alan Thick in March 2013 and now the Celebrity Apprentice.

My feeling is PC Howard cant risk Gilbert's offending the Fags or Bleaks now that hes on NBC? I mean I religious lsitien to to old Gilbert clips on Youtube when the show is dark and its killer shit. Right before HS went to Sirius they said on air that Gilbert was the most frequent guest on the show followed closely by Joan Rivers.

Side note does anybody have the link to the Artie/Gilbert big droopy yellow tits show with the famous Bendi censor dump.

2. srricks

srricks Active Member

Reputations:
    I think he's at that point. I vaguely recall a tweet [Gilbert] sent out late last year where he said he was at Sirius and Howchie walked past him and didn't acknowledge him at all; like he was a stranger...

3. Miss America

Miss America Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Robin brought up Gilbert's appearance on the apprentice yesterday. I did not care enough to listen to Howard's reaction or what he said. I changed the channel before they got to Howard's response.

4. Ronniecheated

Reputations:
    They referenced (Maybe Benji) few weeks ago that they dont bring up on the air anymore. I thought it was Stuttering John but maybe its Gilbert?

Id love for someone maybe a Super Fan (they brought up Tim Sebian remember) Time to get a hold of Jerry O'Connell!!!!

5. blindbella

blindbella Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I also remember Gilbert tweeting to Gary that his podcast had started - it was a gentle nudge.
    I was waiting to see if they would book him to plug the podcast, but...nothing.
    I'll ask around.

6. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Does anyone think that Hamptons Howie PC Kitty Cancer Ranch Stern would "tolerate" the always funny Gilbert

icypussy and rabbigottfried like this.
  7. Ronniecheated

Reputations:
    If you listen to old clips without Artie or Jackie it doesnt really work with just Gilbert and HS. That said Id love to have him in once a year at least for old time sake.

8. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Last time Gilbert was on the show he spit on the cupcakes. NO ONE PRANKS HOWARD! :pissed:

9. baltimore mike

baltimore mike I wear panties 24/7 364

Reputations:
    Gilbert was on Ron and Fez last month

10. safetydancer

safetydancer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    As mentioned, he has his hilarious podcast to plug. Plus he used to just plug his appearances at comedy clubs, certainly he always has one he can plug? I think he did in his Nerdist interview

It's sad, he indeed hasn't been on since 2012. Together with Eric the Midget one of the biggest losses of comedy for me.

blindbella likes this.
  11. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Gilbert is too irreverent for Howchie's new persona. I won't even insult Imus anymore by calling Howard "Himus." The funny thing is no one would bitch if Howard hadn't built a career upon being irreverent. If he didn't sit around on air for 20+ years complaining about broadcasters that he has now become, would we be voicing hatred? If he had always been this way, I wouldn't have a complaint about him. If he now detests that which made him incredibly wealthy, he should give that wealth back as it has to be ill-gotten riches in his mind.

12. zerokarma

zerokarma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There was one appearance where Gilbert called Obama a Reggie during Robin's news, it was deleted from future replays and it was after that appearance I don't think he has been on the show much, this is going back a few years now I think, they have given him he cold shoulder.

JustLurking likes this.
  13. Rockside7

Rockside7 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    My wife watches the Celebrity Apprentice and said that Gilbert was really funny on it and had a Howard Stern impersonator with female dancers and such.

Still not enough to make me give a fuck.

14. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Afffffffffffffff lack. How do ya sleep at night blowing that gig.

ScottBaiosPenis likes this.
  15. Benjamen

Benjamen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Robin brought up Gilbert today after playing a clip of the Cosby Show girl getting kicked off Celebrity Apprentice. She said his team members all thought he was doing a good job, and Trump thought so, too. Howard asked, "Does he do that Gilbert voice when he's just talking to people?" Howard always likes to remind everyone that Gilbert's voice is a showbiz affectation. (But Howard, who admitted to having vocal coaching in the '90s -- and before that had a high-pitched, nasally speaking voice -- has a 100% honest, extra-masculine speaking voice. Right Robin?)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    lestanyonethink and blindbella like this.
  16. Benjamen

Benjamen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Robin also mentioned yesterday that she could never do Celebrity Apprentice now after seeing that they expect the cast to reach out to their celebrity connections as part of the show. Robin said she would never ask Howard to do anything for that show, so therefore she can't be on it. And I bet she was earnestly trying to get herself on that show next season, too.

17. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    I thought the story was that Gilbert "shit on my(Wiggy's) house" by spitting on the wall, and that he was now banned from the studio.

18. Princess Kitty

Princess Kitty You Knew VIP

Reputations:
    No shit, talk about money for nothing....

ARM likes this.
  19. JonnySoul

JonnySoul Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Gilbert's profile these last few years has never been higher in his 30 year career. Comedians love him. He's on more tv shows than he ever has

It makes no sense that Howard banned him. Gilbert is not a has been from 90's. Howard needs guests. Any guests

I think Gilbert just moved in

blindbella likes this.
  20. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations: