Is Howard getting a bad rap from his long time fans?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by TheLACritic, May 3, 2012.

1. TheLACritic

TheLACritic Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Did I get this right? What did I miss? Am I wrong? Is Howard entertaining but a complete zero as a human being?

I listen to the Howard Stern and he is a lazy, lying hypocrite. Does anyone who listens to him not hear his lies? Howard Stern is not a good person. He does everything to pursue the almighty dollar. He has sued his former and current employers frequently. What good person does this?

He’s also sabotaged people’s careers, wished cancer on people, contributed to the suicide of Dana Plato, etc. He missed his loyal employees’ relative’s funerals but made sure to attend celebrity funerals like Ed Bradley’s and Natasha Richardson’s funerals. Why? Because he wants to rub elbows with the rich and famous and impress his younger wife. And why did he invite former enemy Chevy Chase (who embarrassed Stern with a passive aggressive wedding speech) instead of 15 year former employee Jackie Martling?

Howard also refused to help his “bro” Artie Lange who suffered from drug addiction on Howard’s show while Stern tries to now claim he had “no idea” Lange was really on drugs (sure).

But he should be happy now that he’s married to a gold digging trophy wife whose story is like that portrayed in the movie Citizen Kane. Stern does bring attention to the things he does, but so does a fart in church. Howard just had the guts to stand up and admit he was the one who farted. Some people admire him for that. *But he is a scumbag.

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  2. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Nope. Not at all. He pissed on his fans first, remember?

3. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  4. Splash

Splash Huge Member VIP

Reputations:
    You read all that? :scratch:

5. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    It's amusing that Howard either doesn't realize or won't admit that Chevy Chase got one over on him big time at the wedding. Chevy still hates him and took that opportunity for payback, doubly so because Howard apparently thinks it was a joke. Chevy is an annoying old douche but I gotta give him credit for that one.

6. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    Just pissin' back man. :yay:

7. Spoons

Spoons Active Member

Reputations:
    This is what happens when you surround yourself with yes men and cackling fat old negra and live in a constant state of denial..

8. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...what did chevy do? i was doodling. really what did he do?

9. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Haha, actually no. The subject line of the post was all i needed to make my comment. :D

10. TheLACritic

TheLACritic Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Sorry man. I tried.

11. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Pretty much nailed it

12. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

I am offended your AV isn't bigger

13. HypocriteHowie

HypocriteHowie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard is getting an honest rap from his long time fans, if it's a bad rap it's not their fault.

14. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...i tried to find a bigger pic of a still that i could like even better but i dont know how to snatch stills so i got this one off the google. shes the perfect woman. her dance was schwing alicious.

15. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Moved forward. VIP

Reputations:
    No, he's not getting a bad rap from his long time fans. He is getting exactly what he deserves.

He left terrestrial and told all his long time fans to join him on satellite radio. We did, only to be fed promises that were never kept. Promises of 5 days a week of shows, and three channels of content that couldn't be found anywhere else. Look what we have now. Three days, sometimes 2 days a week of shows that are devoid of original content. Only two channels of content and the Howard 101 channel is held up by a sports show in the evenings and a mix of really bad original shows and replays on Fridays. During the months of July and August we only get three weeks of live shows.

Remember all the bits Howard once did? What happened to those. Where is "Momma Looka boobooday"? weather by "god"? "out of the closet Stern"? The only times we hear those are when they appear on the "shuffle" on Howard 101. There used to be a comedian on the show to introduce an element of humor and humanity. Both Jackie and Artie always kept Howard and his sidekick Robin honest. They would constantly call them both out and make us laugh in the process. The empty comedy chair has left a giant void on the show that has been filled with constant unfiltered bullshit. Which is ironic considering that the official slogan of the show since arriving on Sirius is "No More bullshit". Remember when he used to take phone calls from fans? Now we only hear the same four or five callers. Nothing screams change the channel more than hearing Howard say "Bobo, your on the air" or "Mary Ann from Brooklyn, your on the air". Both aspire to be surgically attached to Howards' ass and Howard continually lets them try.

Howard used to make fun of his nemesis Don Imus, often calling him an untalented "hack". Over the years Howard has become a younger version of Mr. Imus. Both work very little and put a minimum amount of effort into what they do. Both remarried women much younger than themselves and both have spent a giant portion of their on and off the air lives in the pursuit of enhancing their spouses careers with little to show for their efforts. Both have adopted a charity to support and their support comes across as so forced it's laughed at by the people that used to be their fans as well as their co-workers. Just look at the most recent effort by Stern to photograph and publish a calendar for the North Shore Animal League. That project has become the poster child for the worlds worst Photoshop examples.

To answer the questions in your first sentence, Yes, you got it right. You did miss many things that is the train wreck that the Howard Stern Show has become. In the interest of brevity I'll stop with adding any more details to prove that. No, you are not wrong. Is Howard entertaining? Honestly that depends on what entertains you. If you enjoy watching a person that was once the funniest man on radio publicly state that he "pisses on his fans" then you will be entertained by this show. If you enjoy hearign endless stories about he and his vapid wife attended parties with the "Hollywood elite", then you will be entertained. Others, like myself listen only to mock him and the show. He may not be a complete zero as a human being yet, but his number with the public is rapidly approaching zero and the 300 million dollar lawsuit is not helping him gain in that respect.

16. Splash

Splash Huge Member VIP

Reputations:
    :nooo::nooo:nooo:

17. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly New Member

Reputations:
    Too much to read, way past my attention span.

18. Splash

Splash Huge Member VIP

Reputations:
    Oops, fucked that up :nooo:

19. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Moved forward. VIP

Reputations:
    "it's the cans!!! they hate these cans!!"

20. Splash

Splash Huge Member VIP

Reputations:

[​IMG]