Is Howard purposefully trying to tank the show to punish SiriusXM?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HowardsNosePick, May 30, 2013.

1. HowardsNosePick

HowardsNosePick New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I have been wondering lately if perhaps the reason Wigman sucks more and more
    is because he purposefully is trying to tank the show, and get his listeners to
    cancel their subscription to punish SiriusXM over the lawsuit?

Lets say Sirius notices a significant drop in the number of subscribers,
    Howard might feel he can blackmail his corporate overlords, when the
    legal system wont help him?

2. boomer1976

boomer1976 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    He is suffering from the Emperor's New Clothes syndrome. No one can tell him the truth anymore. He thinks he's a shit load better than he is and he's coasting on his past reputation.

3. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    His show stated to suck out loud LONG before the lawsuit.

4. BudBudha

BudBudha Male Underwear Model

Reputations:
    He's old and tired and just doesn't give a damn anymore.

5. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard is trying to transition his career to more of a mainstream persona that is family friendly like Eddie Murphy did going from Beverly Hills Cop and 48hrs to The Nutty Professor and Daddy Daycare. Howard wants to do TV and movies and be accepted by Middle America. His Katie appears was clearly to pander to middle aged women so they will accept him on AGT which is probably what NBC's data said that they aren't accepting him.

6. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I agree his reasoning is they didn't pay enough so less quality and quantity.... I'm listening to a old show from 10/2/06 and man....do I miss the old HSS show, stuttering John was at an event and they all bashed K Couric, Roseann, W Conkite, Rosie....Ballsacksayswhat?
    Wiggo used to do caller of the week, they picked the best fight on the phone...loved when he fought with callers...so much good stuff gone!

7. redwolf

redwolf Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I thought the show would be better than ever when Howard went to satellite, the show bits possibilities were endless! how wrong was I! I think when Howard didn't have to get ratings he lost his edge, there is no measure of how successful he is, his ratings would have dropped to the basement had he done shows like he is now on regular radio!

8. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I used to think he was purposely doing it but that would be counter productive as it also makes him look bad. I think he just plain got tired of the show as it was and being the irreverent buffoon. He now has an identity crisis. He's obviously not the guy he used to be. Are any of us? I wouldn't be caught dead acting like I did 25 years ago. But he wants to retain the notoriety of the old days and his wild reputation because it's his bread and butter. If he were starting out today, he'd be just another voice in the morning crowd. He's like Alex Rodriguez. He's being paid on past performance while currently sucking.

9. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    He's only succeeding in ruining his legacy and future... Sirius isn't even feeling a blip of this.

10. The Cocksman

The Cocksman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He's just going mainstream to keep getting gigs like AGT.

11. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He's attempting to go mainstream.....it should be interesting to see if he can gain any traction doing mainstream stuff. Troof is, he's very unattractive and his TV persona is of a buffoon with all the kissing, dancing and mugging for the cameras.
    AGT didn't have very good ratings last year....if somehow they bounce back it will be for the reason that heidi and Mel b were added to the mix.

The best thing for Howard to do when his contract is up is to write another book (but only if he can be honest) or produce or finance different projects(but Howard isn't able to take a back seat...he's got to have that ugly mug front and center so we shall see.

12. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes; it was obvious from the first day of the new contract. No Artie discussion, show ended at 10:00:01, etc. I wanted to cancel, then figured that I was just playing into his hands.

Then I waited a couple months, realized that I hadn't turned on the Sirius docker or whateverthefuck it's called in months, and cancelled, figuring that if Sirius has several hundred million to pay a petulant child but can't afford to play more than the same 3 or 4 classic rock songs on their music channels, then they can all go fuck themselves.

So that's what I told them to do.