Is It Just Me, Or Does "Dexter" Totally Suck Ass This Season...?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dexterdog, Aug 12, 2013.

1. dexterdog

dexterdog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I have no idea what's going, but considering the series is coming to a conclusion this year, it's almost unwatchable. This whole Dr. Vogel thing is a boring mess, Deb and her gig at the private detective agency is totally blah, and now this plot line with Dexter mentoring a young apprentice...:shit:

How did this show become so putrid? Like I said, maybe it's just me, but so far the season has been a big yawn.

2. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Not the best season, but still good for me.

3. qb123

qb123 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The show ran it's course a few seasons ago. The only save grace this season is Yvonne Strahovski being so damn hot.

4. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    It's boring the piss out of me.

5. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Also, it's actually worse than True Blood. At least True Blood holds my attention 50% of the time. I snoozed through last night's ep.

6. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I couldn't tell you, it was a good season for me up until Time Warner decided to not have SHOWTIME on their channels, so far I've missed the last two episodes and it was the only reason I was carrying SHOWTIME. I tried to play the legal game with cable this year, but it looks like it's back to "archived downloading/borrowing from a friend"

7. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    I agree, but last night's episode wasn't so bad.

After Breaking Bad, I was in no mood to watch Dex. But decided to give it a few minutes.

Yeah, the Elway thing is annoying.

Matsuka's daughter story is annoying, despite getting to see her tits last night.

The Quinn sergeant storyline is blah.

That kid Dexter is mentoring story is weird. Wasn't he just introduced? And he knows the whole De story?

Dr. Vogel sucks.

Elway and Deb is annoying....but I'm sticking with it.

8. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...dexter jumped the shark with that lumen Julia styles season. that woman cant act her way out of a paper bag.

9. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...why isn't the fcc doing their job? its time to end these monopolies and tv service becomes as wide and varied as cell phone service or the networks can sell subscriptions. these large cable companies providing phone internet and television have the consumers cornered, its clearly not fair. I see Comcast and time warner as middlemen, time to break them up like they did to ma bell.

10. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    True Blood SUCKED (ha) last night - the boring, drawn-out funeral, the vampires dancing in the sunlight, the whole Warlow story. Just horrible. Didn't Warlow look like the Darkman and act like a menacing maniac in the visions last season? Are we supposed to forget about that?

Dexter sees his son about 1/2 an hour a day, he spends more time with his mentee and that shrink. As annoying as he is, Matsuka has a hot daughter and, unlike Hannah, she gets naked. I can still watch Dexter, but it's definitely time to wrap things up...and stab them in the heart.

11. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    I dunno. I dug Eric ripping that guy's cock and nuts off and then Bill stomping his head in. :yes:

12. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    So Sookie hates her parents now ("Fuck you, mom and dad!") because they tried to kill her to keep her from Warlow's clutches? Huh?

I really wish this was the last season already. TB is a fucking joke.

I truly wished that all those fucking vampires would "meet the sun" and just croak (especially Tara, Pam, and now, Jessica - who is uber annoying this season and has a stip in her contract that she will NEVER get naked!)

So Bill kills 3 out of 4 of Sheriff Andy's daughters, shows up at Terry's house or whatever a few days later, and Andy shakes his fucking hand? Wha wha what?

On another note, is it just me, or is TB trying to be OVER THE TOP gay??? I mean, every episode seems to have some reference (or an outright scene) of 2 guys banging, or one of the vamp doctors gleefully talking about Hep V being transmitted by "vaginal as well as ANAL sex."

Dexter is just plain boring this season. I'm glad it's going to be over after this year (unlike Magic City, which is getting cancelled. Fucking Starz).

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  13. Chief Macho

Chief Macho Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    yeah, it's terrible. just needs to end. i've watched them all so i'll keep watching but it's a struggle this year. that whole thing with the blond broad is pointless. i can't even remember what happened to her at the end of last season or why she is still around.

14. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The whole thing with Andy's daughters makes no sense - and Jessica is out dancing in the sun without a care. And the worst part, the one that lived isn't the one with big tits!!!!! Fuck you TB! But, as gay as the show is, it's nothing compared to 2 seasons ago with Russell's power bottom that Eric killed. Even the gay dude who runs the show said that season was too gay.

Killing Terry and Nora was a good start, but about half of the cast needs to go. They need to rotate in fresh faces every season, otherwise we get this bloated storyline that's convoluted and boring.

15. Gromit

Gromit New Member

Reputations:
    I stopped watching after the first episode of the 5th season. I realized they were going to just keep using the same formula over and over again.

16. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...john Lithgow appearances was the last good season of dexter for me.

17. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I thought Hannah was supposed to come back and be a scary character after Dexter. Now she is the damsel in distress. It is lame.

18. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    It's okay so far. I merely suggest that you choose your username more carefully.

19. qb123

qb123 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Didnt all the vamps except the ones in the "sun room" drink the hep v true blood? So why were there so many randoms ones outside with them when they had already established that the fiery blood wouldnt cure that shit.

20. jgard

jgard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thank you for this, I wasn't a huge fan of last season either, they should of probably made the preceding season the last