Is it me or is Nick getting funnier/less annoying?

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by IlluminatiJones, Aug 10, 2012.

1. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    your thoughts?

2. nicksgt

nicksgt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    he's "evolving" :facepalm:

3. Gunnar

Gunnar New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I became a big fan of Nick's when listening to an episode's podcast a few times.

A Don Rickles-like quick wit.

I find that listening again to a bit where I thought Artie was busting ass on someone, especially a fellow comic, that Nick is interjecting some amazing humor (and usually more vicious than what Artie is saying).

4. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've always been a huge fan of Nick's and find him hilarious. Most people who hate him probably do so because of his politics but he keeps it to a minimum on the show. If anything he rails against political correctness, which I think most everybody who likes to laugh can agee with.

5. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I like Nick, him and Artie have a great chemistry. Plus Nick grew up on the northshore of Massachusetts, I lived there when I was little so it's neat to hear about things like The Liberty Tree Mall. I think I saw Star Wars at the theater near there.

6. IlluminatiJones

Reputations:
    hold on, lemme get all this because it's so gold........................Liberty Tree Mall, Star Wars

ok, thanks!

next time, bring a little interesting with you

7. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    He's better now since he lightened up on the political stuff (somewhat.)

8. Ipokesmot

Reputations:
    Ok.. how's this?

[​IMG]

9. IlluminatiJones

Reputations:
    :up:

I'm sorry, man. I was obnoxious and out of order. You were going down memory lane............which is always cool.............and I pissed on it..............and that ain't cool.

[​IMG]

10. ndhalogod

ndhalogod New Member

Reputations:
    I think Nick has been better lately because he's good in small doses. A quick one liner, obscure reference and random interjection with Artie storytelling or busting balls maximizes his worth.

When he hosted the show with Brock, it was unlistenable, however.

11. Ipokesmot

Reputations:
    LOL no problem. You'd have to live there to know what I was talking about. BTW: Papa Gino's pizza RULED!! (back in the day, now they suck).

12. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've always liked Nick on the show, but now you can tell that they gel a lot better than when they first started. I listen to old shows every now and then, and you can tell the difference between now and then.

One thing that Nick does that seems a little hacky is sometimes when he makes a mildly offensive joke he'll end it with "Did I just say that?" or "Yes I said it folks" or something along those lines. I know he's not really serious, but it just sounds stupid.

To everyone that hates Nick on the show: Who would you like to see paired with Artie on a radio show? Not being a dick, serious question. Wasn't a big fan of Quinn when he sat in, but maybe that's because he was paired with Nick and not Artie.

13. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Papa Ginos is pretty good, but every time I go there they seem to fuck something up. They make a pretty good chicken parm grinder for some reason (do they call them grinders in Massachusettes?). Pizza has good flavor, but is really greasy. You need extra napkins to soak up the grease on the top of the cheese.

14. Ipokesmot

Reputations:
    Yeah Papa Gino's back when I had it in the late 70's / early 80's was some of the best pizza I ever had. After I moved to NY I didn't have Papa Gino's again until '99 during a visit, and it tasted like Domino's crap. Fuckers got too commercial.

15. Markijuano

Markijuano Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The show has been firing on all cylinders as of late and the diabetic leaks are almost nil. A more relaxed Nick brings the funny. The new listeners might have something to do with it. TV should raise it further and I really hope they don't feel compelled to crowbar in the twins