Is Lisa Lampanelli "Selling Out?"

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Zach, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Zach

Zach Say10 Says Smile

Reputations:
    I remember discovering lisa and laughing at her shit so hard, being happy for her and the hbo special. Now, crying on the apprentice over victoria, screaming how she's in the top 3 women in comedy today. I'm sure that middle america will really understand her comedy, using all her slang so much. She's trying to bring people together through their differences but not everyone understands this.

2. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lisa is funny the first time you see her, then you realize she says the same 12 jokes over and over.

Adam Corolla is funny on that show.

3. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Iv'e always enjoyed her Stern appearances, and at first found her schtick hilarious (and because of her apperance shocking).

However, I recently watched her comedy specials on netflix and her act tends to get old after awhile.

We get it, you say fag, Reggie, and spic in your more or less fomuliac jokes.

I still find her humorous as a person, but her comedy act really doesn't seem that much different than what Sal could do

4. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...who, besides lisa is saying shes in the top 3 female comedians? let me answer that. nobody.

5. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    i've always found her repulsive and unfunny.

6. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Member

Reputations:
    Lisa blew it when she "graduated" from Comedy Central "Roaster" to "Roast Master". After stating that she would only take Roast gigs as "Roast Master" from then on, CC gave her one chance (Larry the Cable Guy, 2009) and then replaced her with Seth MacFarlane. So much for Roasts, as she won't go back to plain Roaster.

7. schnauzer

schnauzer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There is no depth to her act, whatsoever. But that's not the worst of it -- she inserts jokes from her shows, with zero subtlety, into every conversation when she's interviewed on tv & radio. Having said all that, i don't have anything against Lisa Lampanelli -- unlike Kathy Griffin, who i detest. They're both hacks, but Lisa seems like a nice hack.

8. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:
    Lisa is also a control freak with a very short temper. She should think twice about fucking with Victoria though, I'm sure she's still got "connections" regardless if her father's dead...:secret: