Is my wife crazy for wanting gifts from me on Mother's Day?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Horff, May 12, 2013.

1. Horff

Horff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My wife is currently pissed at me because although we did the breakfast in bed thing this morning with the kids (age 4 and 2) and I got her little gifts from them, I didn't get her anything spectacular for a present. I gave her a card. We just had our wedding anniversary last month, her birthday is in two months, now I'm supposed to add in Mother's Day as another gift-giving occasion? It's early Sunday so I still have time to go out and get her something if that's the general consensus, but I just don't see why I should be giving her any more gifts just because some random greeting card company declared that today is "Mother's Day." Is it required?

2. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think most wives would want a Mother's Day gift from their husbands, but the ones who don't are truly great wives

3. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Let her blow you ... that's what I call giving.

4. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    you've done the right thing. shes wrong. dont back down

5. booybob

booybob Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    22 years married and I never got my wife a thing for mothers day, she's not my mother. She also doesn't get me a gift on fathers day because I am not her father, we do get each other cards though.
    When my kids were younger I did take them to the store and let them pick out what they wanted to get their mom for mothers day.

I give my wife 3" for 30 seconds tonight and she will be ecstatic:giggle::hhh::funny::jj::dance2::yes::jumping::happywave:.

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  6. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    Just pay the taxes and move on, buddy.

Some things aren't worth the thought or the fight. It just doesn't matter in the long run, so don't make it into a thing.

My father actually gave my mother a vacuum cleaner for Christmas one year. Two years later they were divorced and fought through the children for the next decade. Just get her something nice, and tell her she's awesome.

7. mape

mape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes! She is insane. It is my experience that most woman are crazy and after having a couple of kids the crazy starts to come out. The woman that you dated and were engaged to....the one that used to think you were funny, she liked to go to ball games, could hang with your friends completely morphs into a "mom zombie".
    By the way this happens to some guys to...bottom line is when most people date they are completely fake and once the relationship is secured the real person comes to the fore front. I've seen this happen to about 70% of my friends.

8. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Here is the correct answer:

You give her a gift "from the kids". And you give her a card from you. End of story. She is not your mother. Anyone with a different answer is a fucktard.

9. booybob

booybob Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    +++R if I was a supporter.

10. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Also, we don't even spend Mother's Day together. She goes to see her mother, I go to see mine. Hence the name "Mother's Day".

11. Trophy Knife

Trophy Knife Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My mother was very cool about that. She considered it a "Hallmark holiday" — a money grab by jewelers, etc. on a very flimsy pretext. Birthdays, anniversaries and Christmas, sure, but not some fake trumped-up occasion. All she wanted, and got, was for all of us to get together for lunch and drinks.

12. Howards Wig

Howards Wig Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Do not give her *anything*. Even the card was a mistake.

She is your wife, not your mother. Support the kids in whatever they want to do (but make it their choice, that is the point).

Take your balls off the shelf and use them!

13. Hersh

Hersh Active Member

Reputations:
    They know the husbands can usually buy more expensive gift than little kids.

14. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    i guess i'm a great wife then....i think mother's day is nonsense (although my husband did get me a card and flowers, but he knows i don't care) i don't even care if my daughter sends me anything....i know she loves me, i don't need reinforcement.

btw, my mother is a pisser. i MUST get her a gift (even though she has everything)or i'm the bad daughter.

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  15. Turtle Man

Turtle Man Hello Darling Gold

Reputations:
    giver her a good rodgering..that'll shut her up

16. Boomer

Boomer Who is your daddy and what does he do?

Reputations:
    I'm thinking a nice card and a small gift is plenty. If you have kids take them to one of those build a bear places, she knows you went through the hassle of driving them there and paying for it.

On the other hand, if she's a cunt, get her a workout DVD.

17. fn2

fn2 Member

Reputations:
    A much debated topic. Bottom line-you are wrong. Of course she isn't your mother. It is all about showing respect because she is the mother of your children. You don't stand on ceremony you buy her a nice gift. Yes it's a Hallmark holiday. Who cares? It is a time to say thanks for the greatest gift you will ever get-your kids. Happy wife-happy life (whoops). Btw i buy gifts for far less impt reasons than Mother's Day just to say i appreciate you.You get out what you put in. Just buy her a gift-logic will never prevail on Mother's Day.

18. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ignore this advice. Correct answer already given.

19. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    You did more than most, given my experience, this isn't about Mother's Day, there's more underlying her discontent

20. Bababaloney

Bababaloney Fudge Packer Banned User

Reputations:

Oh yeah...That's a good answer...My guess is you're getting alot of pussy...:facepalm: