Is O & A better than Stern? Is their budget 10% of Sterns?

Discussion in 'The Anthony Cumia Show' started by EddyG, Aug 7, 2013.

1. EddyG

EddyG MORON Banned User

Reputations:
    I was thinking, O and A have a pretty bare bones show. Their hosts make maybey 2-3 million each a year, Jimmy probably less than a million, and the odds and ends contributors probably under $75,000/yr, so not much. Then you have the 80 million dollar man, the shrieking shfartza,sound effects man,together close to $90 million? Then his massive staff. I believe O and A just watching a video and commenting on it are more interesting than Sterns Ronnie,JD,LisaG, clips,interviews,news forrmat.

2. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    As far as i'm concerned, O&A have always been better than Stern.....Back in the day, he feared them the most, hence the gag order

3. Joey HIV

Joey HIV Member

Reputations:
    Depends On when you listen at least they are on more than THSS. Back in the day there where Howard shows that sucked and O&A have more segments that totally Blow but live Shows are better than rerun BS that Howard think's is the way to go. O&A don't go on and on about AGT and that's a big plus for me!

4. gd9tsd9tas9sa9

gd9tsd9tas9sa9 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    They have grown on me . my radio never left 100 101 . now I start my day with O&A
    by the time. Howard returns from agt or vacation
    He covers topics that have already been covered by everyone else
    At least O&A are current topical and they each have different opinions bout stuff with the wig all you get is his commentary which is usually to late

Gundum style O&A goofed on that for two weeks before wiggy caught wind of it

5. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't listen to Howard anymore except if I'm in the car on the weekends and there is nothing else on. I stopped liking the Stern show around 2009 and when Artie left it became complete shit.

6. jedimindtricks

jedimindtricks Member

Reputations:
    Was a big Stern fan but i now love O & A. Well at least Ant & Jimmy, Opie makes me cringe with some of the things he does.

7. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I'm fairly new to O & A and really enjoying them. Really enjoy their take on current news items.

8. AmericasJudge

AmericasJudge Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes and yes.

9. Markyjonz

Markyjonz Active Member

Reputations:
    At this point everybody is better than Stern. And the sad thing is Howard doesn't really seem to care. Howard has let his show go to complete shit.

10. Tans Lover

Tans Lover Active Member

Reputations:
    I switched over to O&A about a year ago and I agree that it is great to hear takes on current news items when they happen...not 5 days after. Why do they still do a Robin news segment? She only has breaking stories if they happen Monday-Tuesday...and sometimes Wednesday.

It's also great to hear the normal interaction with comedians and interview guests instead of the current Howard script of questions.

11. Quietus

Quietus New Member

Reputations:
    I've been listening regularly for about two months and have to say that O & A is MUCH better than the current Stern show. They touch on topics that are happening now and that sort of feedback on current events is non-existent on Stern, who's busy playing catch up on stuff that happened weeks ago or more likely caught up in his own self promoting hype machine. At 6am I'm looking forward to hearing that dopey O&A cowboy movie intro music rather than the Rob Zombie starting gun!

12. I invented that

I invented that VIP Extreme Gold POTY Politics

Reputations:
    enough of this palaver.

13. rcharliesam

rcharliesam Member

Reputations:
    I used to listen to O&A back when they were on 102.7 (NY), then they got fired. Eventually got Sirius when stern moved over, at first the show was decent, but eventually grew very tired with all of the dick stuff, overuse of the sybian, know-it-all Robin, Shuli, Artie being a spectacle with his heroin garbage and the never ending beth shit. Never once did I leave my car with a thought of wondering what I was missing.

Picked up a new car that had XM, and started listening to O&A again, at first, the amount they cursed was annoying, but eventually got past that. Every single time I leave the car, I wonder what I am missing. I download the shows daily and listen to the entire show, every single day at work. I am not a fan of Jimmy at all, I feel that he completely derails good conversations with his awful one liners.

With that said, O&A is worlds better than Stern at this point and may have been all along.

14. PTRacing

PTRacing Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wow, you are like my brother from another mother. I use to listen to them on terrestrial in the afternoon until they were fired. Bought a car with XM and started listening again. However, I love Jimmy. :secret:

Today there is absolutely no question who has a better show with a small budget. O & A !

15. Atomic Wedgie

Atomic Wedgie Crash Victim

Reputations:
    O&A by a country fucking mile.

16. EddyG

EddyG MORON Banned User

Reputations:
    Well, after reading these posts,give more money to O and A, and try to buy out Howie, if its possible to do so. And definetely cut him loose when the 5 years is up. I for one have enjoyed approx 2 years of the Satelite years, and the rest not really. Won`t pay for a podcast,or any other attempts to listen to him when Satelite says goodbye to him,I hope they will.

17. Icculus

Icculus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I would say 2005 is when they really formed their own identity. I listen to stuff before that and it's a little douchey and they try too hard to be crazy and shocking(with gross out bits, strippers, wack baggers, and a general frat mentality) While everyone else has evolved, Opie is still trapped in this era for the most part.

Now, the show is just miles and miles ahead of Stern at any point in his career in terms of comedic, intelligent, and honest discussions.

There's a reason all the relevant people in the comedy and creative fields are loyal O&A guests. Penn, Rogan, Maron, Gervais, Burr, Hardwick, and Kevin Smith(who are all giants in the podcast and social media world) are exclusive to O&A and have all said it's their favorite show to do.

I mean, where else are you going to get a bit like this?

[video=youtube;hYhBj1XBmn8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYhBj1XBmn8[/video]

18. I invented that

I invented that VIP Extreme Gold POTY Politics

Reputations:

:winner:

19. alittlebitcunty

alittlebitcunty Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Are they your favorite guests? I like Burr, Colin Quinn, Rich Vos, Bobby Kelly and Joe DeRosa.

20. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    ...let's get this show on the road.