Is Ronnie, Shuli, J.D., Gary The Wrap up show shitting on Howard's Legacy?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by tired, Mar 26, 2013.

1. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Not that it matters, but Is Ronnie, Shuli, J.D., Gary The Wrap up show shitting on Howard's Legacy? Once upon a time howard said that if everyone out there used his name to promote themselves and everything under the sun it would make his brand look cheap and bad. And today when I tuned in for 2 minutes to the WUS (I don't listen to howard anymore after 20+ years) I realized I hated Gary, john, Ronnie, JD and the rest much more than Howard. And if nothing else because Howard love him or leave him is the original I could listen in and out of the show if i wanted to if it was only him, robin and fred. but hearing gary pontificate about the fact that he's an expert on everything (although hes a vile boring no talent) and John agreeing with everything he said, and the rest of them just being unfunny bores that only Howard can milk for true comedy have made the show un-listenable. hard to explain, but bottom line howard was right letting no talents drag his name everywhere (Jamaica example) has made his act stale.

2. KillVampires

KillVampires Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Jackie (one of the best standups), Billy West (greatest voice actor of all time), Stuttering John (Tonight Show announcer and writer). Howard would constantly berate them for even mentioning his name anywhere else but the show. Including essentially firing all three of them. Now? Howard has practically formed his staff from the whack pack. And they are free to ruin his legacy at every turn.

3. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Amen

4. Nantrax

Nantrax Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    :winner:

5. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Howard ruined his legacy by being too greedy for his own good. And it began a long time ago with the firing of Billy West . . . :coffee:

6. psxpirate2k3

psxpirate2k3 Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Cruise control till the contract runs out fellas

7. Batwings

Batwings Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Herc called it.

8. Tans Lover

Tans Lover Active Member

Reputations:
    Mel Blanc disagrees with this assumption.

9. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Fixed.

10. IHateHoward2

IHateHoward2 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Well said. The wrap-up show was definitely one of those revisions to the show that completely perplexes me to this day. I still can't make heads or tails on how no-talent Gary is given a forum to talk down to Howard's fanbase, nor that Howard has tolerated it. As OP pointed out, it'd be one thing if it was someone who had brought some currency to the equation with respect to having their own credentials/talent, but that it's gary of all people??? And then the payoff for breaking that cardinal rule of over-exposing the show is a ponderous braintrust patting themselves on the back for the collective nothing they've brought to the show.

The wrap-up show and more-so tolerating and acknowledging gary beyond the glorified gopher will always be among one of the main reasons the show and howard's legacy will be tainted years from now.

PS - What a dickhead gary is for thinking people actually give two fucks what he has to say, he'd have been lucky to have been a toll boof collector w/out howard.

11. Chuck Kongo

Chuck Kongo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    LMFAO @ this deranged and delusional drivel.

Wow, do some of you let your blinding butthurt rage for Howard rule you.

Jackie Martling..."one of the best stand-ups"....holy fuck....or are you just counting the stand-ups that live on his street in Bayville?

Billy West was a fucking parrot who was barely on the show when he was on the show.

And Stuttering John...hero of the stupid...and responsible for about zero point zero % of the success of the Tonight Show since he landed there ONLY as a pawn in a petty pissing contest between the Pelican and the Chin.

And Howard didn't fire any of them, douche. They all wanted more money and they left like you would do at your Dominos Pizza job if you had the balls.

Oh wait....I mean HBO.....LMFAO.....

12. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    But at the end of a long work week when Howard and Beth are lounging casually around the pool as the sun sets and the shadows of seven chimneys reach out across the lawn towards the ocean, Beth looks over to Howard from her resort quality lounge chair and says "Howard, it's sooooooo cold my nippoes feel like they could snap off if I cough." Howard says "let's just enjoy this moment.....NOW!"