Shop Now At Amazon

Is the show dying ?

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by onefourthree, Mar 16, 2013.

1. onefourthree

onefourthree Active Member

Reputations:
    I'm not sure how much of an indication the threads here are....as far as I know this is the only forum for the show. But now the show is barely even on terrestrial radio.....Do people even hear the show anymore ? I wonder how they keep track of streams and downloads, and how it compares to other podcasts...

Just does not seem to be a lot of interest in the show on this board lately. I would guess that is an indication of a real decline in ratings. Let's hope it can continue in one form or another. Maybe Artie should just have a tv show, an hour a day....on cable tv with no censorship....

Although thinking about it, Artie would not be able to be spontaneous in a shorter show like he can in a 3 hour show....he probably belongs on the radio.....He just needs an experienced host, to free him up to do his thing.

2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

3. KillVampires

KillVampires Active Member

Reputations:
    An experienced host like Nick Di...oh wait. Artie is clearly on drugs again. He looks and sounds horrible. I'm sure Nick got out at just the right time before another meltdown. The show is abominable compared to the first few months when it was quite good.

4. Frank

Frank New Member

Reputations:
    Artie is talented enough that he could do the show cold and it would still have some merit. But it amazes and scares me how much rougher he sounds than just one year ago. And he needs that co-host to give the show direction and limits. He frequently speaks right into commercials. It's pretty clear Dan & Co. aren't up to the job.

5. NoddinOff

NoddinOff New Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    He hasnt been high once for like close to 2 weeks aside from one night when he sounded raspy and maybe ​he was high. Maybe you could possibly pull some strings, I mean you created the sopranos right? So Im assuming you have connections in hollywood and could maybe get artie a meeting with some network people and get artie on an uncensored tv show

6. onefourthree

onefourthree Active Member

Reputations:
    I'm not necessarily talking about the quality of the show. That's subjective. Some people may like the show in its early days and some may prefer the one that started in the new studio.

I'm talking about the show's popularity and ratings. I get the impression nobody's hearing it. Nobody's talking about it here anymore. Not like in the past. Makes me think it won't be around much longer. I mean I guess if DirecTV has money to burn, they could keep it going if they really wanted to....

7. thegame310

thegame310 New Member

Reputations:
    As I said once before forum posts do not equal how popular a show is.

8. thegame310

thegame310 New Member

Reputations:
    He frequently speaks right into commercials? As someone who listens to every show I can not once say I've heard that.

9. Kobrakai NYC 3

Kobrakai NYC 3 Member

Reputations:
    He needs an comedian he respects who knows current sports, preps news stories for the show, likes the opposite teams he does, and can drive the car and knows when to break.

He needs Nick.

[​IMG]

10. KimChee

KimChee New Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    The Show is awful now. It’s barely listenable. If it were a popular show there would be many boards out there with people talking about it. This was the only real place anyone was posting and now it is dead as the show. Nick got out at the right time and Artie blew yet another great gig.

11. Frank

Frank New Member

Reputations:
    You've never heard them go to commercial in mid-sentence?

12. psyllium husk

psyllium husk New Member

Reputations:
    I never missed a show from oct 2011- early sept.2012 ......... i knew when they went to direct tv . the show would change . With Nick gone . i've listened to 3 shows .. that's it . huge Artie fan .. But i'm done .. I'll stick to the old shows on my ipod . Last Post in this Forum .

13. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    I liked the old show and I probably like the new show more maybe, but it's so much better to watch/listen than to just listen to.

I wouldn't pay much attention to how many people are posting here. I don't think its reflective of ratings as A LOT of people have cracked the shits with this forum lately, but still like the show.

14. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    I haven't listened to the show since about the 2nd week of February, when my father-in-law died. Since then I haven't bothered to play catch-up because it seems a little daunting.

15. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican New Member

Reputations:
    Maybe but it's a good sample size. The Stern forum has a bigger crowd because the show is more popular.

I don't think the show is dying but who the hell knows. Directv killed it, not Nick leaving.

16. mattzane227

mattzane227 Member

Reputations:
    But it seems like everyone on the Stern forum wants Howard Stern dead and think the show is the worse thing on the planet.

17. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican New Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, that I don't get. I lost interest in the show shortly after Artie left. In 2006 I couldn't get enough of the show. I went from loving it, to thinking it sucked, then hating it and then not caring at all. I don't care about the Stern Show at all anymore. If I tune in and he'd doing a boring interview I don't even get mad, I just don't care and move on to something else. They say no reaction is the worse thing. The people who hate it still feel something for it.

Also the people on the Stern forum are psychotic stalkers. No doubt about it.

18. thegame310

thegame310 New Member

Reputations:
    Is the show dying on radio? I would say yes, all these small stations are being gobbled up. Is the show thriving on Directv? Sure? They replay it numerous times a day, built a beautiful studio for the show, and they can be uncensored when not on the radio.

19. JB50

JB50 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    Why do people keep saying this?

Direct TV isnt going to let him swear or anything.

What do you mean by uncensored?

20. Brew

Brew New Member

Reputations:
    During the live look-ins (basically for like 1-2 minutes after every commercial break, before they come back on the radio) they are on DirecTV only and are uncensored. It kind of sucks in a way because, when they curse, I'm thinking why isn't it like this for the whole show? Artie is so much better when he can let loose like when he was on Stern.

21. Brew

Brew New Member

Reputations:
    I agree with you. I think the DirecTV show is a different audience which can add on to the radio audience, and I think Artie will bring more people to the DirecTV show without Nick. Also, I agree with others about the forum being a poor indicator of ratings. This forum had a ton of Nick fans posting and when he left they either gradually left, or stayed and just post how bad the show is. Also, if you're looking for some sort of solid evidence that the show is doing well, you could point to the fact that Bon Jovi bought a live commercial, which Artie did on Friday. I think he said that was the first one that was bought. The only other way to know is by looking at the ratings, but I don't know where to find those numbers.