News Is the the LIE the most dangerous road in America

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, Sep 1, 2016.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Seems every couple of days there is some brutal accident that takes out multiple people.

Three people, including two National Guardsmen who were best friends, were killed and 11 injured in a horrific chain-reaction crash on the Long Island Expressway in Maspeth, Queens, early Wednesday — and sources said it may have been sparked by a high-speed race.

A speeding 2010 black Infiniti sedan carrying five people hit a divider and spilt in half when the driver, 25-year-old Michael Fabre, lost control on the lower-level eastbound LIE as he tried to exit at Maurice Avenue at 4:20 a.m., police said.

Fabre, 25, an Army National Guard sergeant from Oakland Gardens, Queens, back-seat passengers Giovanny Sanchez, 24, a guardsman from Brentwood, LI, and Christina Formato, 24, of Franklin Square, LI, were thrown from the car and declared dead at the scene.

A 2012 Acura TL traveling in the same direction struck the front half of the Infiniti in the left lane.

Seconds after the initial crash, the driver of a dump truck approaching the scene at high speed slammed on his brakes but could not stop in time, colliding into five other vehicles that had halted behind the initial crash, cops said.

No one was seriously hurt in the second impact. All survivors from both collisions, including a woman who went into cardiac arrest, were taken to Elmhurst and Queens General hospitals.

“I saw a dead body lying on the street, then I saw a head sticking out of the Infiniti,” said witness Carlos Rocha, 20, a mechanic working nearby who called 911 after hearing the impacts. “It was a horrible scene.”

Investigators believe the Infiniti may have been in a speed race with the Acura involved in the wreck, sources said.

The 27-year-old Acura driver suffered only minor injuries and refused medical attention at the scene.

Fabre and his friends were heading home from a night out in Manhattan when disaster struck.

“I’d never think something like that could happen to him,” Fabre’s devastated father, Ismael, said of his son. “He was just a great son, a great son.”

The guardsman, who aspired to be a city correction officer, was “inseparable” from his buddy Sanchez, relatives said.

Fabre had just asked his girlfriend’s father for permission to marry Bianca Sagliocca, 22, two weeks earlier.

“He was just great to me and his family,” Sagliocca, who dated Fabre for four years, said through tears. “It’s bad but I know he’s going to be with me.”

Fabre’s stepdad, Bill Nagle, 72, called him “a perfect gentleman” and a “shining star,” adding that he’s praying for the young man’s mother.

“I don’t know if she’ll ever get over this. He was the love of her life,” said Nagle.

Fabre’s uncle Edwin Rodriguez doubted that his nephew had been speeding, saying, “Michael would drive a little fast sometimes, but people are saying he was going 100 mph. That really wasn’t like him.”

Formato, the third fatality, had worked as a secretary for the Nassau County Police Department for two years and was planning on entering grad school.

“She was the sweetest person I know. Sweetest person on Earth,” said cousin Loriane Sima. “[Her parents] couldn’t have asked for a better daughter. This is just too sad.”

A Nassau cop who worked with Formato called her “an incredible person.”

The crash caused traffic backups for miles. All lower-level eastbound lanes were closed for four hours between the 48th Street and Maurice Avenue exits.

The Queens Midtown Tunnel and the connection from the Brooklyn Queens Expressway to the LIE also were temporarily shut down.

[​IMG]

Johnnykstaint likes this.
  2. wigtropolis

wigtropolis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    420 am

3. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The LIE, cross Bronx, cross island and anything in Manhattan can suck my dick

Rhiannon, icypussy, stanggirl and 2 others like this.
  4. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    Racing

After a long night of partying

:facepalm:

Shithead, NyMarkNy and stanggirl like this.
  5. MutteringJohn

Reputations:
    I guess you can say that Infiniti is really totaled, some junk yard will salvage that seat.

6. tomg

tomg Active Member

Reputations:
    The Southern State Parkway year after year is actually the most deadly roadway in New York State.

7. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I see these assholes weaving in and out of lanes, going 20 mph over the speed limit all the time on the BQE and other highways in the NYC area. And, once you see one, be prepared for at least 3-4 more following them. If that's what these guys were doing then I'm glad they're dead, fuck them...

8. ChimneySweep

ChimneySweep Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thread title gave me a permanent stutter. Thanks.

MrsTreat, jcice and Mike Huntslooce like this.
  9. HypocriteHowie

HypocriteHowie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fuck the Long Island Expressway

[​IMG]

10. MutteringJohn

Reputations:
    Good catch, I didn't see that.

11. Rabid Dogman

Rabid Dogman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The Connecticut Turnpike from New Haven to Niantic is the most dangerous stretch of highway in America

12. MutteringJohn

Reputations:
    I have driven that and have been a passenger. There was this drunk guy weaving in out and lanes, you could see how whacked he was. He had no idea of where he was going. I told the person driving the car I was in to slow down to let this guy get far in front. He was eventually going to be in accident and I wanted to be no part of the chain reaction where cars would be slamming into each other. Naturally no Highway Patrol was anywhere in sight to stop this guy.

Rabid Dogman likes this.
  13. Gitfiddle

Gitfiddle Live Deliciously

Reputations:
    Because New Yorkers are dumb.

14. Donkey Patrol

Donkey Patrol The Mouthy One Gold

Reputations:
    CT, MA NJ and NY are by far the worst drivers in the country

Doesn't matter what road you are on

icypussy likes this.
  15. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A little duct tape will fix that.

icypussy and stanggirl like this.
  16. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    I drove the infamous 666 death highway in New Mexico back in the 90's, in fact they said a majority of the head on collisions happened after dark because of all the drunk Indians that drive it. We were delayed passing through Arizona after hitting the sites and being caught in endless thunderstorms, so of course it was late driving through there. I thought about it every time I saw oncoming head lights as I traveled north, I was ready to swerve at a moments notice.

Now it was renamed and they did a huge safety crackdown.

[​IMG]

History on it:

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/infrastructure/us666.cfm

17. Santori

Santori Piece of Shit Gold

Reputations:
    How is it possible to go 20 mph over the speed limit on the BQR when it's stand still traffic most of the time lol

18. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's not stand still traffic all the time...:secret:

19. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Sounds like they did everything right but still died. Such a tragedy.

1. Racing

2. 100mph

3. unbelted

4. Driver likely drunk

20. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    Bad roads:

AC Expressway
    Kennedy Expressway
    Schuylkill Expressway
    I-5 in L.A. (and about 10 others)