Is This True, Regarding Artie's Podcast Comments

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Sep 21, 2015.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    This is a post from Reddit, did Artie say this about Howard refusing to even return his calls:

I would have felt bad, until I heard Artie's "one problem" with Howard. One thing I have always wondered about it how much contact there was between Artie and Howard after the show, and how Artie felt about it.

Apparently Artie was at his all-time low, and knew his career with the show was done, but wanted to talk to Howard (this was maybe a year later), so he tried calling him and left a voicemail. Howard never got back to him. So he tried two more times. Never got back to him. Artie finally called him and said "Look, I guess this is just a goodbye because it's clear you have no intentions of ever talking to me again, so if you want give me a call back, otherwise I'll leave you alone" and he never called him back.

While I understand Howard not letting him back on the show, it does seem pretty shitty of Howard to just cut him off completely and never reach out to him again. Especially being a guy that Artie always looked up to.

Howard can be hurt all he wants, Artie didn't really "attack" him on the show. He didn't say anything he wouldn't have said to Howard. If he really gave a shit, he would have tried talking to Artie once in 6 years.

Guacamole, Xent, 00steven and 52 others like this.
  2. Beer Chugger

Beer Chugger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Newsflash: Howard is a dick

3. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
  4. Pelicanman

Pelicanman Engorged Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    But Artie is Howard's "bro", man.

PI Nate, teehee, Sickboy and 4 others like this.
  5. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    oh and...

:nocheer:

6. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I think Howard had enough of him. The show started going to shit and Howard lost interest while Artie was showing up on drugs. Sometimes you just want to wash your hands of someone and Howard did that with Artie. I mean look at the people he dropped from his life for far less.

7. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Dumb move. Artie could get some mileage by doing some bashing. Then again, he deserves a lot of bashing too. I think Artie had a large part in ruining the show.

8. Mugsy

Mugsy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thought this was interesting.... lol

9. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    If Artie is trying to get people to listen to his podcast it's working :munch:

10. cygnus2112

cygnus2112 In The Prep Room

Reputations:
    i know a person who behaved like howard in this respect.
    they write you off and never look back. its partly due to narcissism. I believe it also has to do with borderline personality disorders, which I feel he may suffer from as well.
    In his relationships whether personal or professional there is no grey area, they devaluate everything about you if you make a mistake and then that's that.
    Everything you've done is bad and nothing good you've done fits into the equation in their brain. It's like a switch, youre just tuned out and they just move on without a thought. You cease to exist in their life. Any attempted contact only shakes them up and pushes them further to validate their distorted view of you.
    He is truly screwed up, but I think we have known that for a very long time.

Xent, reno, teehee and 14 others like this.
  11. rabbigottfried

rabbigottfried Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lest i remaind you , that's not what bro's do. :secret:

AuntDolly, Dlist and stash like this.
  12. CooksRome

CooksRome Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, I heard this. I thought it was pretty fucked up. Very telling of Howard's character. The least he could have done was give the guy a call back.

teehee, Petal, DiamondGoddess and 6 others like this.
  13. Abner Devereaux

Abner Devereaux Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is This True, Regarding Artie's Podcast Comments

Yes. He said that was the main thing that hurt him.

And then he goes into typical self hatred mode...where he takes his anger out on himself...saying something like maybe Stern doesn't want to upset him or thinks it's best for him to have no contact.

Here's the thing I refer to when I hear that....

Someone wants to help the guy and Stern says he wants to poison him...

14. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard is a user. Once you have no use to him, you no longer exist to him.

15. Mugsy

Mugsy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard really is a sick person, he's an asshole, but he's also sick... I don't believe he has ANY feelings for ANY human being on this Earth. Not his parents, not his kids, and damn sure not his "friends"... That's why he can get rid of people so easily, there's 0.0 feeling in the man's heart... Just look at how forced ALL his acts of kindness are. He doesn't naturally "feel" so he has to act the way he thinks good people act, which just makes him even more of a dickhead...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    teehee, HooHoo, Sickboy and 13 others like this.
  16. SlowAdam

SlowAdam misunderstood/forgotten wackpacker

Reputations:
    Limo Wreck likes this.
  17. Benjamen

Benjamen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If Artie's lucky he'll hear back from Howard's attorney's assistant. But only to warn him that a restraining order will be filed if he doesn't stop trying to contact her boss's client.

18. queerface

queerface Un-engaged Dyke Gold

Reputations:
    I listened to, "Crash and Burn," this weekend on YouTube. After adjusting to the narrator NOT being Artie, I found myself equally interested and repulsed by his descent into addiction.
    I have an alkie in my family, and let me tell you that shit is exhausting...and that's how I felt after listening to Artie's story. Completely exhausted and over it.
    I can only imagine having to be someone in Artie's life, dealing with all the lies. Even the afterward talks about how he lied in the book, and that he was sorry, but now he's better.
    So, as much as I hate Stern, I can get why he might have wanted to close that chapter once and for all.

19. EvolvedMarbles

EvolvedMarbles Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I bet there's some deep seated resentment of Artie's lack of control.

Howard "stares at a wall till the next show", starves himself, denies himself constantly, and has a general expectation that everyone should be as committed to "their thing" like he is.

Artie had a huge life outside of the show and did everything he wanted. He overshot the mark and became a dangerously-heavy drug addict, but I bet that "do what I want when I want" mentality that drove Artie really grated on Howard.

20. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Good lord, fat boy. Grow a pair.